Proxy settings

Fredrik Glawe
Hello,

Im using sunbird here at work and want to sync using webdav. My problem
is that i need to connect via a proxy server to connect to my webdav. I
cant any place in sunbird connect via proxy. (im running 0.2)

Br.
Fredrik Glawe

Re: Proxy settings

Rod Whiteley
Fredrik Glawe wrote:
> ...using sunbird...connect via a proxy server...

The help has an example:

http://calendarhelp.mozdev.org/open.xul?topic=custom:proxy

Future versions of Sunbird have proxy settings in the user interface.

--
Rod Whiteley

Re: Proxy settings

Fredrik Glawe
Rod Whiteley wrote:
> Fredrik Glawe wrote:
>> ...using sunbird...connect via a proxy server...
>
> The help has an example:
>
> http://calendarhelp.mozdev.org/open.xul?topic=custom:proxy
>
> Future versions of Sunbird have proxy settings in the user interface.

Cheers. Thanx alot ;)

Re: Proxy settings

WhoKnows
In article <[hidden email]>, [hidden email] says...
> Hello,
>
> Im using sunbird here at work and want to sync using webdav. My problem
> is that i need to connect via a proxy server to connect to my webdav. I
> cant any place in sunbird connect via proxy. (im running 0.2)
>
> Br.
> Fredrik Glawe

I'm going to let you in on a bit of help I just got from this news
group.  There is an online help file that explains much about this
product.  The URL is
http://calendarhelp.mozdev.org/open.xul?topic=share:http

I've copied in the section on proxy setup for Sunbird.  Hope this helps!

--SNIP--
Specifying proxy settings

uses the proxy settings that you specify in the base product where you
installed it. You can also specify proxy settings by using the method
described here.

Sunbird does not provide a user interface where you can specify proxy
settings. To work around this, you can use the method described here.

To specify proxy settings, go to your user profile directory. Edit the
file user.js. If the file does not exist, create it as a plain text
file. Add lines that specify the settings. Each line has the form:

user_pref("network.proxy.setting", value);

The settings and values that you can use are as follows. For details of
the actual settings to use, consult your network administrator.
network.proxy.type 0   Direct connction, no proxies
1   Use specified settings
2   Auto-configure from URL
4   Auto-detect
network.proxy.ftp Proxy server for ftp
network.proxy.ftp_port Proxy port for ftp, default 21
network.proxy.http Proxy server for http
network.proxy.http_port Proxy port for http, default 80
network.proxy.autoconfig_url URL for automatic proxy configuration
network.proxy.no_proxies_on List of hosts for direct connection

For example, you might use settings like these to configure a proxy for
http connections:

user_pref("network.proxy.type", 1);
user_pref("network.proxy.http", "webproxy.example.com");
user_pref("network.proxy.no_proxies_on", "localhost, 127.0.0.1,
.example.com");
--SNIP--

--
Thermaltake 3000BNA Black w/450W PS