Proposal: Phase-Invariant Einno Soliton Templates

Proposal: Phase-Invariant Einno Soliton Templates

Abdul Shabazz

Of the five (5) known forms of matter:

  1. Solid (well-structured arrangement of tightly bound atoms, found in ice)
  2. Liquid (unstructured arrangement of tightly-bound atoms)
  3. Gas (loose arrangement of atoms)
  4. Plasma (Properties of liquid, electricity, and magnetism found @ the core of our sun)
  5. Bose-Einstein condensates (Properties of gas and phase-invariant liquid, ie. a superfluid)

...Another sixth (6th) form of matter was uncovered six weeks ago at UT Dallas: the "Superfluid Quasicrystal" -- which has the properties of both quasicrystals and superfluids, wherein Quasi crystals have atoms that are arranged in a highly ordered, periodic pattern that is unchanged when you rotate or repeat it, eg. in table salts)

This sixth (6th) form of matter exhibits properties of a Soliton: A Soliton or Einno Soliton Tsunami is a gathering phase-invariant wave that maintains its shape and velocity as it travels through any phase of matter.

An example implementation perhaps in javascript would be:

// file1.jsol

${0} = (lhs,rhs) => { return (lhs ${1} rhs) }

// file2.js

import file1.["add",Symbol.operator.addition] as bar

let foo = bar.add(4,2) // returns 6

// file3.js

import file1.["mul",Symbol.operator.multiplication] as bar

let foo = bar.mul(4,2) // returns 8

--
Abdul S.

Re: Re: Proposal: Phase-Invariant Einno Soliton Templates

Abdul Shabazz
jsol files can be seen as distilled Reductions which are confluent and semi well-founded.
--
Abdul S.

Re: Proposal: Phase-Invariant Einno Soliton Templates

kdex
To me, what you're actually seeking to discuss looks less related to physics
and more like an extension to ECMAScript's `import` syntax.

Would you please describe it a little more? A good conversation starter,
preferably without any domain-specific context (i.e. physics), would entail:

- the set of generalized (= non-domain-specific) problems it solves
- the desugaring you have in mind
- how a solution to your problem might look without introducing new syntax
(ideally also the reasoning why you consider new syntax to be justified)

On Sunday, May 20, 2018 3:12:34 AM CEST Abdul Shabazz wrote:

> Of the five (5) known forms of matter:
>

>    1. Solid (well-structured arrangement of tightly bound atoms, found in
>    ice)
>    2. Liquid (unstructured arrangement of tightly-bound atoms)
>    3. Gas (loose arrangement of atoms)
>    4. Plasma (Properties of liquid, electricity, and magnetism found @ the
>    core of our sun)
>    5. Bose-Einstein condensates (Properties of gas and phase-invariant
>    liquid, ie. a superfluid)
>

> ...Another sixth (6th) form of matter was uncovered six weeks ago at UT
> Dallas: the "Superfluid Quasicrystal" -- which has the properties of both
> quasicrystals and superfluids, wherein Quasi crystals have atoms that are
> arranged in a highly ordered, periodic pattern that is unchanged when you
> rotate or repeat it, eg. in table salts)
>

> This sixth (6th) form of matter exhibits properties of a Soliton: A Soliton
> or Einno Soliton Tsunami is a gathering phase-invariant wave that maintains
> its shape and velocity as it travels through any phase of matter.
>

> An example implementation perhaps in javascript would be:
>

> // file1.jsol
>

> ${0} = (lhs,rhs) => { return (lhs ${1} rhs) }
>

> // file2.js
>

> import file1.["add",Symbol.operator.addition] as bar
>
> let foo = bar.add(4,2) // returns 6
>

> // file3.js
>

> import file1.["mul",Symbol.operator.multiplication] as bar
>
> let foo = bar.mul(4,2) // returns 8

Re: Proposal: Phase-Invariant Einno Soliton Templates

Michael Rosefield
At this point I fully expect Abdul to describe the Norse, Greek and Hindu pantheons in terms of turbulence physics and give a few pseudocode JS snippets indicating that they can also be used to handle REST requests.  And all in 3 short sentences.

On Sun, 20 May 2018 at 02:49 kdex <[hidden email]> wrote:
To me, what you're actually seeking to discuss looks less related to physics
and more like an extension to ECMAScript's `import` syntax.

Would you please describe it a little more? A good conversation starter,
preferably without any domain-specific context (i.e. physics), would entail:

- the set of generalized (= non-domain-specific) problems it solves
- the desugaring you have in mind
- how a solution to your problem might look without introducing new syntax
(ideally also the reasoning why you consider new syntax to be justified)

On Sunday, May 20, 2018 3:12:34 AM CEST Abdul Shabazz wrote:
> Of the five (5) known forms of matter:
>

>    1. Solid (well-structured arrangement of tightly bound atoms, found in
>    ice)
>    2. Liquid (unstructured arrangement of tightly-bound atoms)
>    3. Gas (loose arrangement of atoms)
>    4. Plasma (Properties of liquid, electricity, and magnetism found @ the
>    core of our sun)
>    5. Bose-Einstein condensates (Properties of gas and phase-invariant
>    liquid, ie. a superfluid)
>

> ...Another sixth (6th) form of matter was uncovered six weeks ago at UT
> Dallas: the "Superfluid Quasicrystal" -- which has the properties of both
> quasicrystals and superfluids, wherein Quasi crystals have atoms that are
> arranged in a highly ordered, periodic pattern that is unchanged when you
> rotate or repeat it, eg. in table salts)
>

> This sixth (6th) form of matter exhibits properties of a Soliton: A Soliton
> or Einno Soliton Tsunami is a gathering phase-invariant wave that maintains
> its shape and velocity as it travels through any phase of matter.
>

> An example implementation perhaps in javascript would be:
>

> // file1.jsol
>

> ${0} = (lhs,rhs) => { return (lhs ${1} rhs) }
>

> // file2.js
>

> import file1.["add",Symbol.operator.addition] as bar
>
> let foo = bar.add(4,2) // returns 6
>

> // file3.js
>

> import file1.["mul",Symbol.operator.multiplication] as bar
>
> let foo = bar.mul(4,2) // returns 8_______________________________________________

Re: Proposal: Phase-Invariant Einno Soliton Templates

Isiah Meadows-2
I personally would prefer that these proposals are specified in terms
of *what's actually being proposed*, rather than in terms of some very
elaborate analogy. Symbolic analogies to other tangentially related
fields work for teaching existing concepts to intuitive people, but
not for drafting and explaining a proposal to a technical audience who
already likely at least grasps some of the concepts (and when they
don't, they could easily Google it for most things).

And this is also why I've started ignoring these emails. My knee-jerk
reaction is to just filter them to the trash, because they're
explained too abstractly and intuitively to really describe what's
going on, what's really being proposed. I can get them *somewhat*,
after spending 15 minutes disecting what is being said, and that's
just not an effective use of time.

-----

Isiah Meadows
[hidden email]
www.isiahmeadows.com

On Sun, May 20, 2018 at 11:34 AM, Michael Luder-Rosefield
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> At this point I fully expect Abdul to describe the Norse, Greek and Hindu
> pantheons in terms of turbulence physics and give a few pseudocode JS
> snippets indicating that they can also be used to handle REST requests.  And
> all in 3 short sentences.
>
> On Sun, 20 May 2018 at 02:49 kdex <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> To me, what you're actually seeking to discuss looks less related to
>> physics
>> and more like an extension to ECMAScript's `import` syntax.
>>
>> Would you please describe it a little more? A good conversation starter,
>> preferably without any domain-specific context (i.e. physics), would
>> entail:
>>
>> - the set of generalized (= non-domain-specific) problems it solves
>> - the desugaring you have in mind
>> - how a solution to your problem might look without introducing new syntax
>> (ideally also the reasoning why you consider new syntax to be justified)
>>
>> On Sunday, May 20, 2018 3:12:34 AM CEST Abdul Shabazz wrote:
>> > Of the five (5) known forms of matter:
>> >

>> >    1. Solid (well-structured arrangement of tightly bound atoms, found
>> > in
>> >    ice)
>> >    2. Liquid (unstructured arrangement of tightly-bound atoms)
>> >    3. Gas (loose arrangement of atoms)
>> >    4. Plasma (Properties of liquid, electricity, and magnetism found @
>> > the
>> >    core of our sun)
>> >    5. Bose-Einstein condensates (Properties of gas and phase-invariant
>> >    liquid, ie. a superfluid)
>> >

>> > ...Another sixth (6th) form of matter was uncovered six weeks ago at UT
>> > Dallas: the "Superfluid Quasicrystal" -- which has the properties of
>> > both
>> > quasicrystals and superfluids, wherein Quasi crystals have atoms that
>> > are
>> > arranged in a highly ordered, periodic pattern that is unchanged when
>> > you
>> > rotate or repeat it, eg. in table salts)
>> >

>> > This sixth (6th) form of matter exhibits properties of a Soliton: A
>> > Soliton
>> > or Einno Soliton Tsunami is a gathering phase-invariant wave that
>> > maintains
>> > its shape and velocity as it travels through any phase of matter.
>> >

>> > An example implementation perhaps in javascript would be:
>> >

>> > // file1.jsol
>> >

>> > ${0} = (lhs,rhs) => { return (lhs ${1} rhs) }
>> >

>> > // file2.js
>> >

>> > import file1.["add",Symbol.operator.addition] as bar
>> >
>> > let foo = bar.add(4,2) // returns 6
>> >

>> > // file3.js
>> >

>> > import file1.["mul",Symbol.operator.multiplication] as bar
>> >
>> > let foo = bar.mul(4,2) // returns
>> > 8_______________________________________________
>> es-discuss mailing list
>> [hidden email]

Re: Proposal: Phase-Invariant Einno Soliton Templates

Sanford Whiteman
> I personally would prefer that these proposals are specified in terms
> of *what's actually being proposed*

I think what's actually being proposed is that we fall for a troll.

Possibly an academic troll who will later ridicule its victims, viz.
the Social Text scandal (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sokal_affair).

A pity, since I love receiving this list to graze over your and
others' intelligent and serious comments on the future of the
language.

—— Sandy

Re: Proposal: Phase-Invariant Einno Soliton Templates

Michael Rosefield
I've been suspecting along similar lines, but was reticent to make any outright accusations.

On Mon, 21 May 2018, 00:41 Sanford Whiteman, <[hidden email]> wrote:
> I personally would prefer that these proposals are specified in terms
> of *what's actually being proposed*

I think what's actually being proposed is that we fall for a troll.

Possibly an academic troll who will later ridicule its victims, viz.
the Social Text scandal (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sokal_affair).

A pity, since I love receiving this list to graze over your and
others' intelligent and serious comments on the future of the
language.

—— Sandy

Re: Re: Proposal: Phase-Invariant Einno Soliton Templates

Abdul Shabazz
I am not an academic troll: i am actually underemployed at the monent; i enjoy the labor very much, as well as the people i work with.
--
Abdul S.

Re: Re: Proposal: Phase-Invariant Einno Soliton Templates

T.J. Crowder-2
On Mon, May 21, 2018 at 12:44 AM, Michael Luder-Rosefield <[hidden email]> wrote:
> I've been suspecting along similar lines, but was reticent to make any
> outright accusations.

I came to that conclusion over a week ago. When the account went quiet for a while I frankly assumed it was because a list mod had dealt with it.

On Mon, May 21, 2018 at 6:00 AM, Abdul Shabazz <[hidden email]> wrote:
> I am not an academic troll:

With all due respect, it's going to take something much more significant than that to make me change my mind, and I suspect I'm not alone. It's going to require taking Isiah's feedback in this thread very seriously, stopping the stream of vague pseudo-suggestions, and if putting something forward in future, stating it in very clear, practical terms in line with previous ones (see https://esdiscuss.org/1 and https://github.com/tc39/proposals). It's going to take accepting that if *you're* not sure something is useful, if you can't present a compelling use case that benefits a significant fraction of JavaScript programmers, then spending your time and ours writing it up and posting it to the list is actively counter-productive.

-- T.J. Crowder

Re: Re: Proposal: Phase-Invariant Einno Soliton Templates

Abdul Shabazz
Well i'm sorry you all feel that way. I'll close my account tonight, then.

...Good night,all.
--
Abdul S.