Problems with wiki.mozilla.org

Robert Blair-2
Today, when I try to view any page at wiki.mozilla.org, I get an error
popup that says "The document contains no data."

I'm using Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.1.22)
Gecko/20090605 SeaMonkey/1.1.17.

Followup set to mozilla.general.

--
David E. Ross
<http://www.rossde.com/>

Mozilla-related applications.  You can access Mozdev much

Re: Problems with wiki.mozilla.org

JoeS-3
On 8/9/2009 5:25 PM, David E. Ross wrote:
> Today, when I try to view any page at wiki.mozilla.org, I get an error
> popup that says "The document contains no data."
>
> I'm using Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.1.22)
> Gecko/20090605 SeaMonkey/1.1.17.
>
> Followup set to mozilla.general.

Yep, seeing the same thing here.

--
JoeS Using TB3
http://kb.mozillazine.org/Thunderbird_3.0_-_New_Features_and_Changes

Re: Problems with wiki.mozilla.org

Sheppy
On Aug 9, 5:25 pm, "David E. Ross" <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Today, when I try to view any page at wiki.mozilla.org, I get an error
> popup that says "The document contains no data."
>
> I'm using Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.1.22)
> Gecko/20090605 SeaMonkey/1.1.17.

Could this be because of the planned downtime for maintenance today?

Eric Shepherd
Developer Documentation Lead
Mozilla Corporation
http://www.bitstampede.com/

Re: Problems with wiki.mozilla.org

David McRitchie-2
"Sheppy" wrote...
> On Aug 9, 5:25 pm, "David E. Ross" <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Today, when I try to view any page at wiki.mozilla.org, I get an error
>> popup that says "The document contains no data."
>>
>> I'm using Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.1.22)
>> Gecko/20090605 SeaMonkey/1.1.17.
>
> Could this be because of the planned downtime for maintenance today?

I was getting an unmistakable message with a big picture, yesterday.
Maintenance is over and working now for https://wiki.mozilla.org/

On 8/9/2009 8:20 PM, Sheppy wrote:

> On Aug 9, 5:25 pm, "David E. Ross" <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Today, when I try to view any page at wiki.mozilla.org, I get an error
>> popup that says "The document contains no data."
>>
>> I'm using Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.1.22)
>> Gecko/20090605 SeaMonkey/1.1.17.
>
> Could this be because of the planned downtime for maintenance today?
>
> Eric Shepherd
> Developer Documentation Lead
> Mozilla Corporation
> http://www.bitstampede.com/

Where was that downtime announced?  I cannot find such an announcement
at mozilla.general or any of the other news.mozilla.org newsgroups that
I monitor.

--
David E. Ross
<http://www.rossde.com/>

Mozilla-related applications.  You can access Mozdev much

Re: Problems with wiki.mozilla.org

davidwboswell
> Today, when I try to view any page at wiki.mozilla.org, I get an error
> popup that says "The document contains no data."

There was a problem with the wiki over the weekend.  Give it a try
again and see if you're still seeing this problem.

David

On 8/10/2009 11:04 AM, davidwboswell wrote:
>> Today, when I try to view any page at wiki.mozilla.org, I get an error
>> popup that says "The document contains no data."
>
> There was a problem with the wiki over the weekend.  Give it a try
> again and see if you're still seeing this problem.
>
> David

It's working okay now.

However, if the problem was caused by a maintenance activity (as
indicated Eric Shepherd), it was not properly announced in advance on
any newsgroup where I visit.  I was trying to reach one of the
certificate authority Wikis (see
<https://wiki.mozilla.org/CA:Overview>).  Downtime was not announced at
mozilla.dev.security.policy or at any of the other newsgroups where
downtimes are normally announced.

--
David E. Ross
<http://www.rossde.com/>

Mozilla-related applications.  You can access Mozdev much

Re: Problems with wiki.mozilla.org

davidwboswell
> Today, when I try to view any page at wiki.mozilla.org, I get an error
> popup that says "The document contains no data."

There was a recent problem with the wiki that is resolved now.  If
you're still seeing this error, let us know.

David

Re: Problems with wiki.mozilla.org

David McRitchie-2
"davidwboswell" ...
>> Today, when I try to view any page at wiki.mozilla.org, I get an error
>> popup that says "The document contains no data."
>
> There was a recent problem with the wiki that is resolved now.  If
> you're still seeing this error, let us know.

I kind of think that David Ross might be asking  if  servers are down
for other than routine/announced maintenance is there a "server status"
place where he would see something.  Although sounds more like a
software problem than hardware.