Problems with mail setup

Si Smith
Hi,

OK. I have bugzilla installed on a Windows 2000 Server, using IIS.
Sorry, but I have to use Microsoft in this installation; forced on me
from above.

Bugzilla is installed and working superbly, but I can't get any form of
email notification working. I've followed the instructions in the
install doc, but doesn't seem to have made any difference.

For info, I've added:

        use Net::SMTP;
        my $smtp_server = 'FULL DOMAIN NAME';

        ($enableSendMail && $rcpt_to) || return;

        my $smtp = Net::SMTP->new($smtp_server) ||
          die 'Cannot connect to server \'$smtp_server\'';
        $smtp->mail('bugzilla-daemon@FULL DOMAIN NAME');
        $smtp->to($rcpt_to);
        $smtp->data();
        $smtp->datasend($msg);
        $smtp->dataend();
        $smtp->quit;

to BugMail.pm as instructed (obviously with the correct values!!).

My SMTP server is a Microsoft Exchange 2003 Server, and I've added my
server IP address to the allowed relay list. I've also checked DNS, and
there is an MX record for the server, and there are no other mail
enabled servers in the domain.

When I try to do anything that would give a mail notification, I get
the following error:

undef error - Cannot connect to server '$smtp_server' at
C:/Perl/lib/CGI/Carp.pm line 314

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Si

Re: Problems with mail setup

byron jones
> OK. I have bugzilla installed on a Windows 2000 Server, using IIS.
> Sorry, but I have to use Microsoft in this installation; forced on me
> from above.
>
> Bugzilla is installed and working superbly, but I can't get any form of
> email notification working. I've followed the instructions in the
> install doc, but doesn't seem to have made any difference.
>
> For info, I've added:
>
> use Net::SMTP;
> my $smtp_server = 'FULL DOMAIN NAME';

i hope 'full domain name' is a typo -- this should be your exchange server's
hostname / ip address.

[snip]

you may want to use my sendmail wrapper -- http://glob.com.au/sendmail

it requires no changes to the original bugzilla code, has more features and
debugging.

failing that..

> undef error - Cannot connect to server '$smtp_server' at
> C:/Perl/lib/CGI/Carp.pm line 314

you can augment this error message with a reason by changing

my $smtp = Net::SMTP->new($smtp_server) ||
  die 'Cannot connect to server \'$smtp_server\'';

my $smtp = Net::SMTP->new($smtp_server) ||
  die "Cannot connect to server '$smtp_server': $!\n";

-byron

begin-base64 644 signature.gif
R0lGODlhbQAHAIAAAABPo////ywAAAAAbQAHAAACfAxuGAnch+Bibkn7FL1p
XgVl4Ig1jjlZRoqybgun2Cur5uOunq7u/Ipq7WIyIc7XG9JquEgumPzdlhTf
h0O83kDJaXEm8mRHwXKJy5sac7qYOpT+gtv0n+0ujQOfdqh16caWt0foBViH
N1PRMXimiLUGt3ElVimlgbllWAAAOw==
====