Problems building thunderbird on 64-bit Linux on AMD64

Problems building thunderbird on 64-bit Linux on AMD64

Sunil  Jayaprakash
Hi,

I am running into some issues while building thunderbird on AMD64
machine running RHAS 4.0 64-bit. I downloaded the latest source code of
thunderbird from
ftp://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/thunderbird/releases/1.5.0.2/source/
and tried to build it. Not sure what could have caused the problem.
Seems like I am missing something out here.

My .mozconfig file contains

mk_add_options MOZ_CO_PROJECT=mail
ac_add_options --enable-application=mail
ac_add_options --disable-tests
ac_add_options --disable-debug
ac_add_options --enable-pango
ac_add_options --enable-crypto
ac_add_options --without-system-nspr
ac_add_options --without-system-zlib
ac_add_options --disable-xft
ac_cv_visibility_pragma=no

I was able to successfully,
1. ./configure
2. make -f client.mk build
3. make -C xpinstall/packager
I executed these commands as a non-root user.

After the third command, I got the executable,
thunderbird-1.5.0.2.en-US.linux-x86_64.tar.gz.
I installed this as the roor-user, and when I tried to execute using,
./thunderbird, I got an error

./thunderbird-bin: symbol lookup error:
/installables/thunderbird/components/libgfx_gtk.so: undefined symbol:
_Z19NS_FFRECountHyphensR19nsACString_internal

Earlier, when I had also tried to build thunderbird without
ac_add_options --disable-xft, I had seen the following error then.
/usr/bin/ld: skipping incompatible /usr/X11R6/lib/libXft.so when
searching for -lXft
/usr/bin/ld: skipping incompatible /usr/X11R6/lib/libXft.a when
searching for -lXft

Any pointers to resolve this issue would definitely be helpful.