Quantcast

Problem with url loading: browser goes black

Problem with url loading: browser goes black

Kahix
Hi,

I have an instance of nsIWebNavigation, using the code below I can
load any url and browser appears in a jframe bound to the browser.
webNavigation.loadURI(url, nsIWebNavigation.LOAD_FLAGS_NONE, null,
null, null);

In a very rare case of some urls like www.gromas.dk a strange
situation takes place: url seems to start loading and even for a
millisecond some elements of page strat to appear, when suddenly the
window goes totally black just like if there was only a black
background loaded.
Did anyone see something similar in your applications?

Thanks in advance

Re: Problem with url loading: browser goes black

bartek-18
On 11 Paź, 23:37, Kahix <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have an instance of nsIWebNavigation, using the code below I can
> load any url and browser appears in a jframe bound to the browser.
> webNavigation.loadURI(url, nsIWebNavigation.LOAD_FLAGS_NONE, null,
> null, null);
>
> In a very rare case of some urls like www.gromas.dk a strange
> situation takes place: url seems to start loading and even for a
> millisecond some elements of page strat to appear, when suddenly the
> window goes totally black just like if there was only a black
> background loaded.
> Did anyone see something similar in your applications?
>
> Thanks in advance

Well, looks like a small bug in xpcom 1.9.
Actually, it wasn't uri loading that caused a problem but harmless, as
one would expect, window resizing (contentDomWindow.sizeToContent())
after loading.
For the record: it happens only when page contains framesets and
removing window resizing fixes the problem.