Problem with some websites?

Damon-3
Hi,

I seem to be having problems accessing some websites content. i.e.
odeon.co.uk has links which appear when you enter the website (In Internet
Explorer) however when trying to view the page in Firefox v1.5 I cannot see
these links so cannot progress through the website.  Does anyone have any
ideas why this may be happening?  Also when trying to view a quicktime clip
within a web page it does not display, all though I have quicktime
installed, it does view and can watch it in Explorer though.

Any help would be greatly appreciated as I enjoy using Firefox but these
little things are getting in the way.

Thanks

Damon

Re: Problem with some websites?

RJack-10
Damon wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I seem to be having problems accessing some websites content. i.e.
> odeon.co.uk has links which appear when you enter the website (In Internet
> Explorer) however when trying to view the page in Firefox v1.5 I cannot see
> these links so cannot progress through the website.  Does anyone have any
> ideas why this may be happening?  Also when trying to view a quicktime clip
> within a web page it does not display, all though I have quicktime
> installed, it does view and can watch it in Explorer though.
>
> Any help would be greatly appreciated as I enjoy using Firefox but these
> little things are getting in the way.

When running the home.html page there is generated a javascript error, which
may be the cause to the problem with the page. I would take contact with the
webmaster and ask them nicely to adjust the javascript to work in more strict
environment.

The page has some minor issues if following the w3c guidelines for proper html.

This is quite the normal issues with webpages, they are not following html
standards and using MSIE javascript.

 //Aho

Re: Problem with some websites?

gwtc
J.O. Aho wrote:

> Damon wrote:
>
>>Hi,
>>
>>I seem to be having problems accessing some websites content. i.e.
>>odeon.co.uk has links which appear when you enter the website (In Internet
>>Explorer) however when trying to view the page in Firefox v1.5 I cannot see
>>these links so cannot progress through the website.  Does anyone have any
>>ideas why this may be happening?  Also when trying to view a quicktime clip
>>within a web page it does not display, all though I have quicktime
>>installed, it does view and can watch it in Explorer though.
>>
>>Any help would be greatly appreciated as I enjoy using Firefox but these
>>little things are getting in the way.
>

> When running the home.html page there is generated a javascript error, which
> may be the cause to the problem with the page. I would take contact with the
> webmaster and ask them nicely to adjust the javascript to work in more strict
> environment.
>
> The page has some minor issues if following the w3c guidelines for proper html.
>
> This is quite the normal issues with webpages, they are not following html
> standards and using MSIE javascript.
>

>  //Aho
why not click on Help, "Report broken site."  Never had a chance to
use it myself, though.