Problem with Setting Download Folder for DCC

Problem with Setting Download Folder for DCC

Alan Holbrook
In Preferences-->DCC I set a path for the download folder in the textbox
provided.  The path is a valid path but Chatzilla appears to ignore it and
downloads all DCC activity to tyhe last folder I referenced.  Also, I
notice that after I type in the path, the next time I return to the
preferences Chatzilla has prepended "File///" to my path name.  Is there
something I simply don't understand here, or does this appear to be a bug?

TIA...

Re: Problem with Setting Download Folder for DCC

Gijs Kruitbosch ("Hannibal")
On 24/01/2010 12:00 PM, Alan Holbrook wrote:
> In Preferences-->DCC I set a path for the download folder in the textbox
> provided.  The path is a valid path but Chatzilla appears to ignore it and
> downloads all DCC activity to tyhe last folder I referenced.  Also, I
> notice that after I type in the path, the next time I return to the
> preferences Chatzilla has prepended "File///" to my path name.  Is there
> something I simply don't understand here, or does this appear to be a bug?
>
> TIA...

This is not a bug, you should use a file:/// url instead. The easiest way will
just be to use the provided Browse button instead.

If you really want to, you can convert the path to a url by using forward
slashes, and escaping non-alphanumeric characters with their url escape sequence
(eg. %20 instead of spaces). If that seems tedious and you still want to use a
typed-out path, stick it in your URL bar and Firefox will do it for you.

~ Gijs