Problem transforming XML with server XSLT in Firefox

Problem transforming XML with server XSLT in Firefox

garey
Here are two URLs

http://library11.berkeley.edu/~gmills/binds_result.xml

http://library11.berkeley.edu:8080/noidbind/binds_result.xml

In Firefox 2, the first URL results in the XSL stylesheet referenced
in the XML document being applied correctly. The second URL does not.
The difference is that the first URL is being served by Apache httpd
1.3.X, and the second by Tomcat 6.0.

This document was generated dynamically by the app at noidbind. When I
generate the document, I set the mimetype of the document to 'text/
xml' and that also fails to work.

All of these work in IE.

Can anyone tell me what I have to do to fix this, and get the
stylesheet applied when the document is served by Tomcat?

Thanks;

Garey Mills

Re: Problem transforming XML with server XSLT in Firefox

Martijn-4
I see that you use the :8080 port in the second case.
I suspect that's why the xsl sheet isn't picked up, because a
different port means more or less the same as a different domain in
Mozilla.

Regards,
Martijn

2007/6/13, garey <[hidden email]>:

> Here are two URLs
>
> http://library11.berkeley.edu/~gmills/binds_result.xml
>
> http://library11.berkeley.edu:8080/noidbind/binds_result.xml
>
> In Firefox 2, the first URL results in the XSL stylesheet referenced
> in the XML document being applied correctly. The second URL does not.
> The difference is that the first URL is being served by Apache httpd
> 1.3.X, and the second by Tomcat 6.0.
>
> This document was generated dynamically by the app at noidbind. When I
> generate the document, I set the mimetype of the document to 'text/
> xml' and that also fails to work.
>
> All of these work in IE.
>
> Can anyone tell me what I have to do to fix this, and get the
> stylesheet applied when the document is served by Tomcat?
>
> Thanks;
>
> Garey Mills

Martijn Wargers - Help Mozilla!
http://weblogs.mozillazine.org/qa/