Privacy Badger question

Jeff Barnett
I use Privacy Badger with the latest version of FF on a Windows 7
machine. Lately I've noticed that it proclaims the google.com search
pages to have zero(0) trackers! I've noticed also that other notoriously
badly behaving sites are similarly showing no trackers. So my question:
Is the reason for this cosmic observation

1. Google and others have reformed;
2. Google and others have found ways to defeat Privacy Badger; or
3. Currently released Privacy Badger has serious bugs.

I hope this is the right group for this question.
--
Jeff Barnett

Re: Privacy Badger question

caver1-5
On 01/10/2018 02:16 PM, Jeff Barnett wrote:

> I use Privacy Badger with the latest version of FF on a Windows 7
> machine. Lately I've noticed that it proclaims the google.com search
> pages to have zero(0) trackers! I've noticed also that other notoriously
> badly behaving sites are similarly showing no trackers. So my question:
> Is the reason for this cosmic observation
>
> 1. Google and others have reformed;
> 2. Google and others have found ways to defeat Privacy Badger; or
> 3. Currently released Privacy Badger has serious bugs.
>
> I hope this is the right group for this question.

Do you have any other extensions that also block trackers, such as
Ghostery, Disconnect....
It's a possibility that there are blocking the trackers before Privacy
Badger kicks in so it doesn't see any.

--
Caver1

Re: Privacy Badger question

Jeff Barnett
Caver1 wrote on 1/10/2018 1:18 PM:

> On 01/10/2018 02:16 PM, Jeff Barnett wrote:
>> I use Privacy Badger with the latest version of FF on a Windows 7
>> machine. Lately I've noticed that it proclaims the google.com search
>> pages to have zero(0) trackers! I've noticed also that other notoriously
>> badly behaving sites are similarly showing no trackers. So my question:
>> Is the reason for this cosmic observation
>>
>> 1. Google and others have reformed;
>> 2. Google and others have found ways to defeat Privacy Badger; or
>> 3. Currently released Privacy Badger has serious bugs.
>>
>> I hope this is the right group for this question.
>>

> Do you have any other extensions that also block trackers, such as
> Ghostery, Disconnect....
> It's a possibility that there are blocking the trackers before Privacy
> Badger kicks in so it doesn't see any.

No I don't. In addition to Privacy Badger I only load "Fakespot" which
is used to evaluate review quality on Amazon products. Theme is just the
builtin stuff that comes with FF and only the three plugins that FF
includes.
--
Jeff Barnett

Re: Privacy Badger question

Michael Singh
 From my understanding, this extension observes the behaviors of scripts
on the websites you visit before making a decision on whether they are
trackers or not.

So it could possibly be that you have not used the extension long enough.

--
Michael Singh

M: 914-266-0601
W: www.wadadli.me
F: 5E0E FD46 4592 1682 A4B6 5F62 761E 4940 A177 3B38

Sent via Migadu.com, world's easiest email hosting

Re: Privacy Badger question

Jeff Barnett
Michael Singh wrote on 1/10/2018 2:14 PM:
>  From my understanding, this extension observes the behaviors of scripts
> on the websites you visit before making a decision on whether they are
> trackers or not.
>
> So it could possibly be that you have not used the extension long enough.

I've used it o0n and off for a fair while and as far as I can tell by
casual observation, it forms its opinion in the first few seconds of a
web site visit. A few days/week ago, Google showed a lot of tracking
then ... nothing.

--
Jeff Barnett