Print Preview Error

Wayne A. Smith-3
I've been using FF 24 on eCS 2.2 w/out any problem in printing (or at
least w/out many problems.

Having just installed ArcaOS, I've started using FF 38.8.0, the
version installed w/ it.  Generally I'm satisfied w/ it.

However, on issuing a Print command - unsung either the top bar menu
or the "hamburger" menu - a "Print Preview Error" window is displayed
and then a "Print Preview" window which hangs w/out doing anything.

Accessing Help, I issued the "about:config" and then "print_printer"
Reset commands, per the instructors.  (Since these are generic
instructions, probably more is required.)  But this doesn't seem to
resolve the problem.

Any suggestions for more sophisticated resolution?

Re: Print Preview Error

Steve Wendt
On 6/23/2017 3:33 PM, Wayne A. Smith wrote:

> I've started using FF 38.8.0
> However, on issuing a Print command - unsung either the top bar menu
> or the "hamburger" menu - a "Print Preview Error" window is displayed

This is a known bug / missing feature.
https://github.com/bitwiseworks/mozilla-os2/issues/155

Re: Print Preview Error

Wayne A. Smith-2
Thanks Steve,

From a brief review of the comments at the link you provided it
appears the problem is a pending decision on which option for printing
to implement.  Is this correct?

I conclude this since the discussion seems to be regarding various
printer drivers that will be supported and, in my case at least, I
don't have an option to apply any - legacy or CUPS.  So, I assume the
feature is disabled until it is decided how to implement one method or
another.

On 06/27/2017 07:33 AM, Wayne A. Smith wrote:

>> This is a known bug / missing feature.
>> https://github.com/bitwiseworks/mozilla-os2/issues/155
>
> From a brief review of the comments at the link you provided it
> appears the problem is a pending decision on which option for printing
> to implement.  Is this correct?

 From what I could tell, the intention is to support both/all, but it's
not had any progress yet.

Re: Print Preview Error

Peter Brown
Hi

Wayne A. Smith wrote:

> I've been using FF 24 on eCS 2.2 w/out any problem in printing (or at
> least w/out many problems.
>
> Having just installed ArcaOS, I've started using FF 38.8.0, the
> version installed w/ it.  Generally I'm satisfied w/ it.
>
> However, on issuing a Print command - unsung either the top bar menu
> or the "hamburger" menu - a "Print Preview Error" window is displayed
> and then a "Print Preview" window which hangs w/out doing anything.
>
> Accessing Help, I issued the "about:config" and then "print_printer"
> Reset commands, per the instructors.  (Since these are generic
> instructions, probably more is required.)  But this doesn't seem to
> resolve the problem.
>
> Any suggestions for more sophisticated resolution?

I just bumped into this problem with Seamonkey 2.35

If using a postscript printer or (e)cups the answer seems to be to reset
the printing capabilities to use postscript.

In about:config change
    print.os2.postscript.use_builtin false
   print.os2.postscript.use_builtin true

Works here  :-)