Post installation Configuration: Required Settings

Post installation Configuration: Required Settings

somnus.chng
Hi,

First of all, thanks for taking time looking at this issue.

I have encountered the issues which I could not access the home page in Bugzilla. It is showing that 'You are seeing this page because some of the core parameters have not been set up yet.' I have installed bugzilla version 5.0.4 and deploy in our remote server.

It indicated below configuration is to be done:
urlbase
cookiepath
maintainer

However, I change urlbase and save successfully, I still not able to access the main landing page.

Normally what is the correct setting for urlbase,cookiepath and maintainer ?

I do a quick check online for urlbase.

For example, now my url is :http://bugzilla.stengg.corp/, I change my urlbase to http://bugzilla.stengg.corp/bugzilla/. Is this the correct url I should put ? I am not so sure why I still can't see the landing home page.

Thank you!

Re: Post installation Configuration: Required Settings

somnus.chng
On Wednesday, May 15, 2019 at 7:09:42 PM UTC+8, Thorsten Schöning wrote:

> Guten Tag [hidden email],
> am Mittwoch, 15. Mai 2019 um 03:37 schrieben Sie:
>
> > However, I change urlbase and save successfully, I still not able to access the main landing page.
>
> Make additionally sure that the changed value really lands in
> "data/params.json" of your Bugzilla installation directory. Just
> search for "urlbase".
>
> > For example, now my url is :http://bugzilla.stengg.corp/, I change
> > my urlbase to http://bugzilla.stengg.corp/bugzilla/. Is this the
> > correct url I should put ? I am not so sure why I still can't see the landing home page.
>
> That heavily depends on your web server config: If you want to
> directly access Bugzilla using http://bugzilla.stengg.corp and set
> your web server up that way, than "urlbase" is the domain only and an
> additional "/bugzilla" is wrong. Otherwise you current setting is
> correct. So check your web server config what the domain actually
> publishes, VHOST in httpd most likely, what is a subdirectory of that
> domain etc.
>
> Mit freundlichen Grüßen,
>
> Thorsten Schöning
>
> --
> Thorsten Schöning       E-Mail: [hidden email]
> AM-SoFT IT-Systeme      http://www.AM-SoFT.de/
>
> Telefon...........05151-  9468- 55
> Fax...............05151-  9468- 88
> Mobil..............0178-8 9468- 04
>
> AM-SoFT GmbH IT-Systeme, Brandenburger Str. 7c, 31789 Hameln
> AG Hannover HRB 207 694 - Geschäftsführer: Andreas Muchow

Hi Thorsten Schöning,

Thanks for your suggestions.

I have checked the configuration of the server. As you mentioned "urlbase" is the domain only and an
additional "/bugzilla" is wrong. Hence, I have removed the "/bugzilla" and restart the server again.

Now it is working fine with the welcome page. This is very helpful.

Regards
ZC