Possible focus fix for SeaMonkey 1.0alpha

Possible focus fix for SeaMonkey 1.0alpha

Peter Weilbacher
Hi,

I would like to get somebody else than me to test a fix (as usual
devised by Rich Walsh) for the focus problem that was reported for the
SeaMonkey 1.0a release. Please download
<http://weilbacher.org/temp/wdgtos2_focus_fix.zip> (do not shift click
the link get redirected) and unpack the contained file over the original
file of the same name in the components directory. Afterwards testers
should (continue to) use SeaMonkey for some time and pay attention to
focus problems on pages with forms and secure (https) pages: did it get
better (which is what I hope), do you still have problems, does it break
something else?
(Note that this DLL will probably not work for nightly trunk builds.)
--
Cheers, Peter.
                                               Please reply in newsgroup

Re: Possible focus fix for SeaMonkey 1.0alpha

James-37
Peter Weilbacher wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I would like to get somebody else than me to test a fix (as usual
> devised by Rich Walsh) for the focus problem that was reported for the
> SeaMonkey 1.0a release. Please download
> <http://weilbacher.org/temp/wdgtos2_focus_fix.zip> (do not shift click
> the link get redirected) and unpack the contained file over the original
> file of the same name in the components directory. Afterwards testers
> should (continue to) use SeaMonkey for some time and pay attention to
> focus problems on pages with forms and secure (https) pages: did it get
> better (which is what I hope), do you still have problems, does it break
> something else?
> (Note that this DLL will probably not work for nightly trunk builds.)

Hi Peter,

I would be glad to test this. I just need to install the proper version
of SM. Is there a quick cheatsheet that lists a setup procedure? Does it
require the !Run utility or can I just unzip it to a different drive and
it won't affect my Moz 1.7.12 installation?

--
James

Re: Possible focus fix for SeaMonkey 1.0alpha

Sergey-2
after apply on

Mozilla/5.0 (OS/2; U; Warp 4.5; en-US; rv:1.9a1) Gecko/20050915
SeaMonkey/1.1a

10-21-2005  09:34:30  SYS3175  PID 0094  TID 0001  Slot 0061
E:\SEAMONKEY\SEAMONKEY.EXE
c0000005
1d10c882
P1=00000001  P2=00000002  P3=XXXXXXXX  P4=XXXXXXXX
EAX=0011f91c  EBX=0011f9f0  ECX=00000002  EDX=197c02b8
ESI=00000000  EDI=00000000
DS=0053  DSACC=f0f3  DSLIM=ffffffff
ES=0053  ESACC=f0f3  ESLIM=ffffffff
FS=150b  FSACC=00f3  FSLIM=00000030
GS=0000  GSACC=****  GSLIM=********
CS:EIP=005b:1d10c882  CSACC=f0df  CSLIM=ffffffff
SS:ESP=0053:0011f908  SSACC=f0f3  SSLIM=ffffffff
EBP=0011f988  FLG=00012212

APPSHELL.DLL 0001:0000c882

Sergey wrote:
> after apply on
>
> Mozilla/5.0 (OS/2; U; Warp 4.5; en-US; rv:1.9a1) Gecko/20050915
> SeaMonkey/1.1a

Yes, that's the trunk where it is not supposed to work. (I didn't have
time to compile the DLL for that.)
--
Grüße von
   Peter.

James wrote:

> I would be glad to test this. I just need to install the proper version
> of SM. Is there a quick cheatsheet that lists a setup procedure? Does it
> require the !Run utility or can I just unzip it to a different drive and
> it won't affect my Moz 1.7.12 installation?

No, they should not affect each other. If you use MOZILLA_HOME you could
make a backup of your profile, but that is not required, either.

So, do
   unzip seamonkey-1.0a.en-US.os2.zip -d f:\tmp
to "install" SeaMonkey-1.0a and then
   unzip wdgtos2_focus_fix.zip -d f:\tmp\seamonkey\components
to apply the fix.
--
Grüße von
   Peter.

Re: Possible focus fix for SeaMonkey 1.0alpha

Steve Wendt
Peter Weilbacher wrote:

>    wdgtos2_focus_fix.zip

In my so far limited testing, I have not seen the problem.  Thanks, Rich
(and Peter)!  I'll keep quiet unless I *do* see the problem again.

Peter Weilbacher wrote:

> James wrote:
>
>> I would be glad to test this. I just need to install the proper version
>> of SM. Is there a quick cheatsheet that lists a setup procedure? Does it
>> require the !Run utility or can I just unzip it to a different drive and
>> it won't affect my Moz 1.7.12 installation?
>
> No, they should not affect each other. If you use MOZILLA_HOME you could
> make a backup of your profile, but that is not required, either.
>
> So, do
>    unzip seamonkey-1.0a.en-US.os2.zip -d f:\tmp
> to "install" SeaMonkey-1.0a and then
>    unzip wdgtos2_focus_fix.zip -d f:\tmp\seamonkey\components
> to apply the fix.

So far I have not detected any focus problems. Plan to continue heavy
use and will report further.

Without rehashing old threads, evidently I also need the updated
ipluginw.dll - flash and java do not appear to be working...

Also, is the Innotek Font engine enabled for this build? The default
display for email text is rather ugly.

Thanks,

James

James wrote:

> Without rehashing old threads, evidently I also need the updated
> ipluginw.dll - flash and java do not appear to be working...

Yes.

> Also, is the Innotek Font engine enabled for this build? The default
> display for email text is rather ugly.

You have to add seamonkey.exe to the list of applications that should
utilize it in the pseudo-registry; regedit2 is suitable for that.

Re: Possible focus fix for SeaMonkey 1.0alpha

Heikki Kekki
Steve Wendt wrote:
> Peter Weilbacher wrote:
>
>>    wdgtos2_focus_fix.zip
>
> In my so far limited testing, I have not seen the problem.  Thanks, Rich
> (and Peter)!  I'll keep quiet unless I *do* see the problem again.

Works o.k. here, thanks.

--
Hessu
Feel free to correct my English :-)

Heikki Kekki wrote:
> Steve Wendt wrote:
>> Peter Weilbacher wrote:
>>
>>>    wdgtos2_focus_fix.zip
>>
>> In my so far limited testing, I have not seen the problem.  Thanks,
>> Rich (and Peter)!  I'll keep quiet unless I *do* see the problem again.
>
> Works o.k. here, thanks.

Maybe nothing to do with fix, but last night when I went back mozilla
newsgroup, pc-speaker started beeping few times. Same happened with
every newsgroup and message I opened. Seamonkey was running over ten
hours when that happened. I closed Seamonkey, started it and problem was
gone. Never seen nothing like that before.

On Wed, 26 Oct 2005 07:05:17 UTC, Heikki Kekki wrote:

> Heikki Kekki wrote:
> > Works o.k. here, thanks.

Great.

> Maybe nothing to do with fix, but last night when I went back mozilla
> newsgroup, pc-speaker started beeping few times. Same happened with
> every newsgroup and message I opened. Seamonkey was running over ten
> hours when that happened. I closed Seamonkey, started it and problem was
> gone. Never seen nothing like that before.

Hmm, I think the only possibility to beep the speaker is the new mail
sound. Now it's probably too late to check but it is definitely not
related to the focus fix. (It could also have been the DANIS506 driver
if you use that, I seem to remember that it beeps to warn about
excessive errors in transfer from/to disk.)