Quantcast

Pootle Mozilla Locamotion upgrade and moving some projects to nightly

Pootle Mozilla Locamotion upgrade and moving some projects to nightly

Leandro Regueiro
Hi,
We will be upgrading https://mozilla.locamotion.org/ server at 08:45
AM UTC 18 April 2017. The upgrade is expected to last less than 10
minutes. We will send you an email once the upgrade is finished.

Right after the upgrade we will start switching the projects listed
below to nightly and this will take some time. So please avoid
translating in these projects until further notice:

- Firefox
- Firefox for Android
- Thunderbird
- Lightning
- SeaMonkey

We will send you an email once these projects are open for translation
again. Please note that the rest of the projects can be freely
translated after the upgrade is completed and during the move of the
other projects to nightly.

Our apologies for the inconveniences.

Thanks

Re: Pootle Mozilla Locamotion upgrade and moving some projects to nightly

Leandro Regueiro
On Tue, Apr 18, 2017 at 10:42 AM, Leandro Regueiro
<[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi,
> We will be upgrading https://mozilla.locamotion.org/ server at 08:45
> AM UTC 18 April 2017. The upgrade is expected to last less than 10
> minutes. We will send you an email once the upgrade is finished.

Hi again,
https://mozilla.locamotion.org/ has been successfully upgraded. You
can freely translate the projects that are **not** being moved to
nightly (listed below).

If you find any issue with Pootle please let us know as soon as
possible at https://gitter.im/translate/mozilla

> Right after the upgrade we will start switching the projects listed
> below to nightly and this will take some time. So please avoid
> translating in these projects until further notice:
>
> - Firefox
> - Firefox for Android
> - Thunderbird
> - Lightning
> - SeaMonkey
>

> We will send you an email once these projects are open for translation
> again. Please note that the rest of the projects can be freely
> translated after the upgrade is completed and during the move of the
> other projects to nightly.

We are now proceeding to move these 5 projects to nightly. As we
previously announced it will take time, so please avoid translating on
them until we communicate that they are open for translation again.

Our apologies for the inconveniences.

Thanks

Re: Pootle Mozilla Locamotion upgrade and moving some projects to nightly

அருண் குமார் (Arun Kumar)
Hi again,

> https://mozilla.locamotion.org/ has been successfully upgraded. You
> can freely translate the projects that are **not** being moved to
> nightly (listed below).
>
> If you find any issue with Pootle please let us know as soon as
> possible at https://gitter.im/translate/mozilla
>

> > Right after the upgrade we will start switching the projects listed
> > below to nightly and this will take some time. So please avoid
> > translating in these projects until further notice:
> >
> > - Firefox
> > - Firefox for Android
> > - Thunderbird
> > - Lightning
> > - SeaMonkey

Hi,

Thanks for your update, We are not able to view above projects under
Tamil(ta) locale, https://mozilla.locamotion.org/ta/. Only following
projects are visible,

Mozilla.org <https://mozilla.locamotion.org/ta/mozilla_lang/>

Terminology <https://mozilla.locamotion.org/ta/terminology/>

Firefox Health Report <https://mozilla.locamotion.org/ta/fhr/>

<https://mozilla.locamotion.org/ta/fhr/>
Please do the needful.

Thanks & Regards
Arun

ஃஃஃஃஃஃஃஃஃஃஃஃஃஃஃஃஃஃஃஃஃஃஃஃஃஃஃஃஃஃஃஃஃஃஃஃஃஃ
அன்புடன்
அருண்
நுட்பம் நம்மொழியில் தழைக்கச் செய்வோம்
http://thangamaniarun.wordpress.com
ஃஃஃஃஃஃஃஃஃஃஃஃஃஃஃஃஃஃஃஃஃஃஃஃஃஃஃஃஃஃஃஃஃஃஃஃஃஃ

Re: Pootle Mozilla Locamotion upgrade and moving some projects to nightly

Leandro Regueiro
On Tue, Apr 18, 2017 at 11:29 AM, அருண் குமார் (Arun Kumar) <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi again,
>> https://mozilla.locamotion.org/ has been successfully upgraded. You
>> can freely translate the projects that are **not** being moved to
>> nightly (listed below).
>>
>> If you find any issue with Pootle please let us know as soon as
>> possible at https://gitter.im/translate/mozilla
>>

>> > Right after the upgrade we will start switching the projects listed
>> > below to nightly and this will take some time. So please avoid
>> > translating in these projects until further notice:
>> >
>> > - Firefox
>> > - Firefox for Android
>> > - Thunderbird
>> > - Lightning
>> > - SeaMonkey
>>

> Hi,
>
> Thanks for your update, We are not able to view above projects under
> Tamil(ta) locale, https://mozilla.locamotion.org/ta/. Only following
> projects are visible,
>
> Mozilla.org <https://mozilla.locamotion.org/ta/mozilla_lang/>
>

> Terminology <https://mozilla.locamotion.org/ta/terminology/>
>

> Firefox Health Report <https://mozilla.locamotion.org/ta/fhr/>
>
> <https://mozilla.locamotion.org/ta/fhr/>
> Please do the needful.

Hi Arun,
yes, those hidden projects are disabled for now, so only the ones you can
translate are visible. The warning was for anyone to avoid translating the
projects we are migrating if for some reason become visible before they are
ready.

Thanks

> Thanks & Regards
> Arun
>
> ஃஃஃஃஃஃஃஃஃஃஃஃஃஃஃஃஃஃஃஃஃஃஃஃஃஃஃஃஃஃஃஃஃஃஃஃஃஃ
> அன்புடன்
> அருண்
> நுட்பம் நம்மொழியில் தழைக்கச் செய்வோம்
> http://thangamaniarun.wordpress.com
> ஃஃஃஃஃஃஃஃஃஃஃஃஃஃஃஃஃஃஃஃஃஃஃஃஃஃஃஃஃஃஃஃஃஃஃஃஃஃ

Re: Pootle Mozilla Locamotion upgrade and moving some projects to nightly

Leandro Regueiro
>> Right after the upgrade we will start switching the projects listed
>> below to nightly and this will take some time. So please avoid
>> translating in these projects until further notice:
>>
>> - Firefox
>> - Firefox for Android
>> - Thunderbird
>> - Lightning
>> - SeaMonkey
>>

>> We will send you an email once these projects are open for translation
>> again. Please note that the rest of the projects can be freely
>> translated after the upgrade is completed and during the move of the
>> other projects to nightly.
>
> We are now proceeding to move these 5 projects to nightly. As we
> previously announced it will take time, so please avoid translating on
> them until we communicate that they are open for translation again.

Hi,
Firefox project is open for translation
https://mozilla.locamotion.org/projects/firefox/ We are still working
on the rest of the projects.

Our apologies for the inconveniences.

Thanks

Re: Pootle Mozilla Locamotion upgrade and moving some projects to nightly

Khaled Hosny-2
On Tue, Apr 18, 2017 at 08:59:53PM +0200, Leandro Regueiro wrote:

> >> Right after the upgrade we will start switching the projects listed
> >> below to nightly and this will take some time. So please avoid
> >> translating in these projects until further notice:
> >>
> >> - Firefox
> >> - Firefox for Android
> >> - Thunderbird
> >> - Lightning
> >> - SeaMonkey
> >>

> >> We will send you an email once these projects are open for translation
> >> again. Please note that the rest of the projects can be freely
> >> translated after the upgrade is completed and during the move of the
> >> other projects to nightly.
> >
> > We are now proceeding to move these 5 projects to nightly. As we
> > previously announced it will take time, so please avoid translating on
> > them until we communicate that they are open for translation again.
>
> Hi,
> Firefox project is open for translation
> https://mozilla.locamotion.org/projects/firefox/ We are still working
> on the rest of the projects.

I had the browser folder 100% complete last night, now there are 145
untranslated words, ans checking them they all seem like stuff I
translated last night:
https://mozilla.locamotion.org/ar/firefox/browser/

Regards,
Khaled

Re: Pootle Mozilla Locamotion upgrade and moving some projects to nightly

Kevin Scannell-2

>> > We are now proceeding to move these 5 projects to nightly. As we
>> > previously announced it will take time, so please avoid translating on
>> > them until we communicate that they are open for translation again.
>>
>> Hi,
>> Firefox project is open for translation
>> https://mozilla.locamotion.org/projects/firefox/ We are still working
>> on the rest of the projects.
>
> I had the browser folder 100% complete last night, now there are 145
> untranslated words, ans checking them they all seem like stuff I
> translated last night:
> https://mozilla.locamotion.org/ar/firefox/browser/

Same for ga-IE.
Kevin

On Wed, Apr 19, 2017 at 1:37 PM, Kevin Scannell <[hidden email]> wrote:

>>> Hi,
>>> Firefox project is open for translation
>>> https://mozilla.locamotion.org/projects/firefox/ We are still working
>>> on the rest of the projects.
>>
>> I had the browser folder 100% complete last night, now there are 145
>> untranslated words, ans checking them they all seem like stuff I
>> translated last night:
>> https://mozilla.locamotion.org/ar/firefox/browser/
>>

> Same for ga-IE.
> Kevin

Hi,
last night we have detected that some strings were not pushed to
Pootle. This is being fixed now, so new strings will appear.

Regarding the translating strings again, there are some files that
have been copied as part of this merge day, thus you are not
translating them again but instead translating exact same strings in
different files.

On Wed, Apr 19, 2017 at 01:43:07PM +0200, Leandro Regueiro wrote:

> >> I had the browser folder 100% complete last night, now there are 145
> >> untranslated words, ans checking them they all seem like stuff I
> >> translated last night:
> >> https://mozilla.locamotion.org/ar/firefox/browser/
> >>

> > Same for ga-IE.
> > Kevin
>
> Hi,
> last night we have detected that some strings were not pushed to
> Pootle. This is being fixed now, so new strings will appear.
>
> Regarding the translating strings again, there are some files that
> have been copied as part of this merge day, thus you are not
> translating them again but instead translating exact same strings in
> different files.

I suspected that, but then they would have appeared in the TM but they
don’t. Also searching for the strings shows them only once, and I’m 100%
sure some of them are the exact same strings I translated last night,
so they should show at least twice.

Regards,
Khaled

On Wed, Apr 19, 2017 at 2:22 PM, Khaled Hosny <[hidden email]> wrote:

>> > Same for ga-IE.
>> > Kevin
>>
>> Hi,
>> last night we have detected that some strings were not pushed to
>> Pootle. This is being fixed now, so new strings will appear.
>>
>> Regarding the translating strings again, there are some files that
>> have been copied as part of this merge day, thus you are not
>> translating them again but instead translating exact same strings in
>> different files.
>
> I suspected that, but then they would have appeared in the TM but they
> don’t. Also searching for the strings shows them only once, and I’m 100%
> sure some of them are the exact same strings I translated last night,
> so they should show at least twice.

Hi Khaled,
can you please point to some specific string?

Thanks

On Wed, Apr 19, 2017 at 02:25:34PM +0200, Leandro Regueiro wrote:

> On Wed, Apr 19, 2017 at 2:22 PM, Khaled Hosny <[hidden email]> wrote:

> >> Hi,
> >> last night we have detected that some strings were not pushed to
> >> Pootle. This is being fixed now, so new strings will appear.
> >>
> >> Regarding the translating strings again, there are some files that
> >> have been copied as part of this merge day, thus you are not
> >> translating them again but instead translating exact same strings in
> >> different files.
> >
> > I suspected that, but then they would have appeared in the TM but they
> > don’t. Also searching for the strings shows them only once, and I’m 100%
> > sure some of them are the exact same strings I translated last night,
> > so they should show at least twice.
>
> Hi Khaled,
> can you please point to some specific string?

Here is one:
https://mozilla.locamotion.org/ar/firefox/translate/browser/chrome/browser/browser.dtd.po#unit=22781623

Actually if I click “Show Timeline”, my translation is there and Pootle
has overridden it.

Regards,
Khaled

Re: Pootle Mozilla Locamotion upgrade and moving some projects to nightly

Michael Wolf-2
Khaled Hosny schrieb:
> [...]

Why did you copy them? And, there are two preferences folders in
browser/chrome/, prefereences and preferences-old now. And, if
preferences-old is the old preferences folder, why are there
untranslated strings although the folder was completely translated?

Michael

On Wed, Apr 19, 2017 at 3:07 PM, Michael Wolf <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Why did you copy them? And, there are two preferences folders in
> browser/chrome/, prefereences and preferences-old now. And, if
> preferences-old is the old preferences folder, why are there untranslated
> strings although the folder was completely translated?

Hi,
those were copied because it was needed for the merge. After the copy
the files in both directories have diverged a bit, as part of the
merge.

Thanks

Re: Pootle Mozilla Locamotion upgrade and moving some projects to nightly

Leandro Regueiro
On Tue, Apr 18, 2017 at 8:59 PM, Leandro Regueiro
<[hidden email]> wrote:

>>> Right after the upgrade we will start switching the projects listed
>>> below to nightly and this will take some time. So please avoid
>>> translating in these projects until further notice:
>>>
>>> - Firefox
>>> - Firefox for Android
>>> - Thunderbird
>>> - Lightning
>>> - SeaMonkey
>>>

>>> We will send you an email once these projects are open for translation
>>> again. Please note that the rest of the projects can be freely
>>> translated after the upgrade is completed and during the move of the
>>> other projects to nightly.
>>
>> We are now proceeding to move these 5 projects to nightly. As we
>> previously announced it will take time, so please avoid translating on
>> them until we communicate that they are open for translation again.
>
> Hi,
> Firefox project is open for translation
> https://mozilla.locamotion.org/projects/firefox/ We are still working
> on the rest of the projects.

Hi all,
Firefox for Android project is open for translation
https://mozilla.locamotion.org/projects/mobile/ We are still working
on the rest of the projects.

Our apologies for the inconveniences.

Thanks

Re: Pootle Mozilla Locamotion upgrade and moving some projects to nightly

Francesco Lodolo [:flod]
Il 19/04/17 15.07, Michael Wolf ha scritto:

> Why did you copy them? And, there are two preferences folders in
> browser/chrome/, prefereences and preferences-old now. And, if
> preferences-old is the old preferences folder, why are there
> untranslated strings although the folder was completely translated?
See Noteworthy changes - Browser in
https://blog.mozilla.org/l10n/2017/04/18/firefox-l10n-report-nightly-55/

preferences was copied as preferences-old, but at that point:
* preferences started getting brand new strings and changes, part of the
reorganization (for example, the panel names change).
* The new organization is available only in Nightly for now.
* Since the new preferences might not move to release with 55, some new
strings (for new features) need to be in both preferences and
preferences-old. That's the only really annoying part, because it means
translating the same string twice.

On a side note, this change in unrelated to the move to nightly, we
would have had the same situation in aurora.

Francesco

Francesco Lodolo [:flod] schrieb:
> Il 19/04/17 15.07, Michael Wolf ha scritto:

> preferences was copied as preferences-old, but at that point:
> * preferences started getting brand new strings and changes, part of the
> reorganization (for example, the panel names change).
> * The new organization is available only in Nightly for now.
> * Since the new preferences might not move to release with 55, some new
> strings (for new features) need to be in both preferences and
> preferences-old. That's the only really annoying part, because it means
> translating the same string twice.
>
> On a side note, this change in unrelated to the move to nightly, we
> would have had the same situation in aurora.

Thank you, Francesco.

I have a question yet. In Firefox (Nightly), there is a new brand
variable "&brandShorterName;". Until now, I am aware of
"&brandShortName;" only. Is there really a new variable or is it a type
error?

Thanks,

Michael

Il 19/04/17 17.17, Michael Wolf ha scritto:
> I have a question yet. In Firefox (Nightly), there is a new brand
> variable "&brandShorterName;". Until now, I am aware of
> "&brandShortName;" only. Is there really a new variable or is it a
> type error?
Hi,
It's not a typo. It's been available for a while, and it was introduced
for Developer Edition where space is an issue: brandShortName was
"Firefox Developer Edition", and brandShorterName just "Firefox".
https://hg.mozilla.org/l10n-central/dsb/file/tip/browser/branding/official/brand.dtd

On Nightly and official releases they both contain the same string
("Nightly", "Firefox"). Note that we only have strings exposed for the
"official" branding (release).

Francesco

On Wed, Apr 19, 2017 at 02:51:35PM +0200, Khaled Hosny wrote:

> > > I suspected that, but then they would have appeared in the TM but they
> > > don’t. Also searching for the strings shows them only once, and I’m 100%
> > > sure some of them are the exact same strings I translated last night,
> > > so they should show at least twice.
> >
> > Hi Khaled,
> > can you please point to some specific string?
>
> Here is one:
> https://mozilla.locamotion.org/ar/firefox/translate/browser/chrome/browser/browser.dtd.po#unit=22781623
>
> Actually if I click “Show Timeline”, my translation is there and Pootle
> has overridden it.

I fixed all them manually, then it happened again today. All the
following strings were translated last night, but untranslated now:
https://mozilla.locamotion.org/ar/firefox/translate/browser/chrome/browser/preferences/privacy.dtd.po#unit=22781702
https://mozilla.locamotion.org/ar/firefox/translate/browser/chrome/browser/preferences/privacy.dtd.po#unit=22781703
https://mozilla.locamotion.org/ar/firefox/translate/browser/chrome/browser/preferences/security.dtd.po#unit=22781709

If you look into the timeline, all had the translation removed by
“system” user.

Regards,
Khaled

On Fri, Apr 21, 2017 at 9:39 PM, Khaled Hosny <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Wed, Apr 19, 2017 at 02:51:35PM +0200, Khaled Hosny wrote:

>> > Hi Khaled,
>> > can you please point to some specific string?
>>
>> Here is one:
>> https://mozilla.locamotion.org/ar/firefox/translate/browser/chrome/browser/browser.dtd.po#unit=22781623
>>
>> Actually if I click “Show Timeline”, my translation is there and Pootle
>> has overridden it.
>
> I fixed all them manually, then it happened again today. All the
> following strings were translated last night, but untranslated now:
> https://mozilla.locamotion.org/ar/firefox/translate/browser/chrome/browser/preferences/privacy.dtd.po#unit=22781702
> https://mozilla.locamotion.org/ar/firefox/translate/browser/chrome/browser/preferences/privacy.dtd.po#unit=22781703
> https://mozilla.locamotion.org/ar/firefox/translate/browser/chrome/browser/preferences/security.dtd.po#unit=22781709
>
> If you look into the timeline, all had the translation removed by
> “system” user.

Hi Khaled,
Thanks for reporting. We will look into it as soon as we can.

Thanks

> Regards,
> Khaled

Re: Pootle Mozilla Locamotion upgrade and moving some projects to nightly

Leandro Regueiro
On Wed, Apr 19, 2017 at 3:34 PM, Leandro Regueiro
<[hidden email]> wrote:

>>> We are now proceeding to move these 5 projects to nightly. As we
>>> previously announced it will take time, so please avoid translating on
>>> them until we communicate that they are open for translation again.
>>
>> Hi,
>> Firefox project is open for translation
>> https://mozilla.locamotion.org/projects/firefox/ We are still working
>> on the rest of the projects.
>
> Hi all,
> Firefox for Android project is open for translation
> https://mozilla.locamotion.org/projects/mobile/ We are still working
> on the rest of the projects.

Hi all,
SeaMonkey project is open for translation
https://mozilla.locamotion.org/projects/seamonkey/ We are still
working on the rest of the projects, but we expect them to be enabled
soon.