[Pontoon Tools] What's new in 2.1.0

Michal Stanke-2
Hello lions.

The wheels of Pontoon tools development are spinning again for a moment.
For the user the changes in 2.1.0 are cosmetic, but I would like to ask
you for a test (see below).

Few days ago in Nightly landed a patch to allow moving the page action
icon to the menu. If you feel you see the icon too much in the address
bar, you can unpin it and it will show in the page actions menu only,
but there is a bug in Firefox moving the icon into the address bar after
browser restart again. It should be fixed soon. For now I have made it
so to show the icon gray if it should not be active.

Big thing - first *Pontoon API* feature landed in the add-on options!
The list of teams is now loaded on add-on update/installation, instead
of using hard coded list. I have also added a button to reload the list
of teams manually and set the team to correspond to your Pontoon
homepage settings. *Kudos to Staś and Jarek* for implementing the API
and the homepage settings. At the same time I am sorry it took me so
long to (ab)use those. ;)

As there is first peace of Pontoon API in place, I would like to ask you
to *test the button* functionality after updating to 2.1.0. Simply go to
about:addons, open Pontoon Tools options and click "Load from Pontoon"
there. If you are not logged in to Pontoon, nothing should change, if
you are, the selected team should get updated according to your Pontoon
homepage setting. If you encounter any bug, please let me know by
responding to this message or file it here
<https://github.com/MikkCZ/pontoon-tools/issues>.

Thank you for using Pontoon Tools and I am looking forward to bring you
more features soon again.
--
Michal

Re: [Pontoon Tools] What's new in 2.1.0

Matjaz Horvat-2
Good work, Michal!

The "Load from Pontoon" functionality works fine. The only annoyance
is that for a very brief period of time (maybe 100 ms) the value gets
set to the first item on the list ("ach") and only then to what
Pontoon returns (in my case "sl").

-Matjaž

On Fri, Nov 3, 2017 at 10:59 AM, Michal Stanke <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello lions.
>
> The wheels of Pontoon tools development are spinning again for a moment. For
> the user the changes in 2.1.0 are cosmetic, but I would like to ask you for
> a test (see below).
>
> Few days ago in Nightly landed a patch to allow moving the page action icon
> to the menu. If you feel you see the icon too much in the address bar, you
> can unpin it and it will show in the page actions menu only, but there is a
> bug in Firefox moving the icon into the address bar after browser restart
> again. It should be fixed soon. For now I have made it so to show the icon
> gray if it should not be active.
>
> Big thing - first *Pontoon API* feature landed in the add-on options! The
> list of teams is now loaded on add-on update/installation, instead of using
> hard coded list. I have also added a button to reload the list of teams
> manually and set the team to correspond to your Pontoon homepage settings.
> *Kudos to Staś and Jarek* for implementing the API and the homepage
> settings. At the same time I am sorry it took me so long to (ab)use those.
> ;)
>
> As there is first peace of Pontoon API in place, I would like to ask you to
> *test the button* functionality after updating to 2.1.0. Simply go to
> about:addons, open Pontoon Tools options and click "Load from Pontoon"
> there. If you are not logged in to Pontoon, nothing should change, if you
> are, the selected team should get updated according to your Pontoon homepage
> setting. If you encounter any bug, please let me know by responding to this
> message or file it here <https://github.com/MikkCZ/pontoon-tools/issues>.
>
> Thank you for using Pontoon Tools and I am looking forward to bring you more
> features soon again.
> --
> Michal

Re: [Pontoon Tools] What's new in 2.1.0

Gabriela Montagu-2
Works fine here! Thank you so much Michal for your hard work!

Best regards,
Gabriela
QA Mozilla Hispano Team Responsible

http://www.mozilla-hispano.org

On 3 November 2017 at 08:49, Matjaz Horvat <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Good work, Michal!
>
> The "Load from Pontoon" functionality works fine. The only annoyance
> is that for a very brief period of time (maybe 100 ms) the value gets
> set to the first item on the list ("ach") and only then to what
> Pontoon returns (in my case "sl").
>
> -Matjaž
>
> On Fri, Nov 3, 2017 at 10:59 AM, Michal Stanke <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > Hello lions.
> >
> > The wheels of Pontoon tools development are spinning again for a moment.
> For
> > the user the changes in 2.1.0 are cosmetic, but I would like to ask you
> for
> > a test (see below).
> >
> > Few days ago in Nightly landed a patch to allow moving the page action
> icon
> > to the menu. If you feel you see the icon too much in the address bar,
> you
> > can unpin it and it will show in the page actions menu only, but there
> is a
> > bug in Firefox moving the icon into the address bar after browser restart
> > again. It should be fixed soon. For now I have made it so to show the
> icon
> > gray if it should not be active.
> >
> > Big thing - first *Pontoon API* feature landed in the add-on options! The
> > list of teams is now loaded on add-on update/installation, instead of
> using
> > hard coded list. I have also added a button to reload the list of teams
> > manually and set the team to correspond to your Pontoon homepage
> settings.
> > *Kudos to Staś and Jarek* for implementing the API and the homepage
> > settings. At the same time I am sorry it took me so long to (ab)use
> those.
> > ;)
> >
> > As there is first peace of Pontoon API in place, I would like to ask you
> > *test the button* functionality after updating to 2.1.0. Simply go to
> > about:addons, open Pontoon Tools options and click "Load from Pontoon"
> > there. If you are not logged in to Pontoon, nothing should change, if you
> > are, the selected team should get updated according to your Pontoon
> homepage
> > setting. If you encounter any bug, please let me know by responding to
> this
> > message or file it here <https://github.com/MikkCZ/pontoon-tools/issues
> >.
> >
> > Thank you for using Pontoon Tools and I am looking forward to bring you
> more
> > features soon again.
> > --
> > Michal

Re: [Pontoon Tools] What's new in 2.1.0

Michal Stanke-2
Thank you for noticing. I haven't probably noticed because I first added
the homepage setting and followed with the whole list later. Now I can
see it and will try to improve the experience for the next version. :)

Michal Stanke

Dne 3.11.2017 v 12:49 Matjaz Horvat napsal(a):
> The only annoyance
> is that for a very brief period of time (maybe 100 ms) the value gets
> set to the first item on the list ("ach") and only then to what
> Pontoon returns (in my case "sl").

Re: [Pontoon Tools] What's new in 2.1.0

Michael Wolf-2
Michal Stanke schrieb:

> Thank you for using Pontoon Tools and I am looking forward to bring you
> more features soon again.

Hi Michal,

it would be nice if you could make Pontoon tools localizable.

Thank you for your good work.

Michael

Re: [Pontoon Tools] What's new in 2.1.0

Michal Stanke-2
Hi Michael.

I have filed this to the tracking system. I have actually thought about
it already, but I decided it's not a priority atm as Pontoon itself is
not localizable. And for the text of notifications will never be
localizable, as it's taken from what Pontoon displays.

Matjaž, what are your current plans about making Pontoon localizable? Is
it on the plan for the next year?

Michal Stanke

Dne 3.11.2017 v 21:07 Michael Wolf napsal(a):

> Michal Stanke schrieb:
>
>> Thank you for using Pontoon Tools and I am looking forward to bring
>> you more features soon again.
>
> Hi Michal,
>
> it would be nice if you could make Pontoon tools localizable.
>
> Thank you for your good work.
>
> Michael

Re: [Pontoon Tools] What's new in 2.1.0

Axel Hecht
Am 03.11.17 um 23:03 schrieb Michal Stanke:
> Hi Michael.
>
> I have filed this to the tracking system. I have actually thought about
> it already, but I decided it's not a priority atm as Pontoon itself is
> not localizable. And for the text of notifications will never be
> localizable, as it's taken from what Pontoon displays.
>
> Matjaž, what are your current plans about making Pontoon localizable? Is
> it on the plan for the next year?

It's on our radar, but it hasn't been scheduled yet. There are numerous
architectural decisions we're making right now about how to code the
front end, and making pontoon localizable will come after those, probably.

Axel

> Michal Stanke
>
> Dne 3.11.2017 v 21:07 Michael Wolf napsal(a):
>> Michal Stanke schrieb:
>>
>>> Thank you for using Pontoon Tools and I am looking forward to bring
>>> you more features soon again.
>>
>> Hi Michal,
>>
>> it would be nice if you could make Pontoon tools localizable.
>>
>> Thank you for your good work.
>>
>> Michael

Re: [Pontoon Tools] What's new in 2.1.0

Adrian Gaudebert
Hey all,

Localizing Pontoon should start being an option with the work on what we
call Pontoon.Next, which is currently in a research phase, and will see
heavy development starting next year. It is unclear yet when that will be
available to users, as it might take a while before it becomes usable and
useful, but you all will hear more about it in the coming months. :)

Thanks for your work Michal! It's great to see this kind of tools that
benefit everyone.

Cheers,
Adrian