Pontoon Tools 3.4.0 released!

Michal Stanke-2
Hello Mozilla localizers.

About 26 hours ago I have released Pontoon Tools 3.3.1 and now 3.4.0 is
out too. Notable changes:

  * New feature I call *context buttons* for quick reporting or fixing
    localization issues you spot on Mozilla websites. Highlight the text
    with your mouse and two small buttons will appear. One to search the
    text in Pontoon and the other to open a bug report for your team
    (the prefilled tickets includes link to the page the problematic
    text you have selected).
  * There is a *wiki* describing Pontoon Tools both for users and
    potential contributors. It's linked from the add-on options or you
    can open it directly here
    <https://github.com/MikkCZ/pontoon-tools/wiki>. Context buttons are
    not there yet, but I will correct that before Monday.
  * The toolbar button popup now also lists the *number of warnings and
    errors*, plus the links are better clickable.
  * I have also updated the webextension-polyfill, so it should run
    smoother on Chrome.

Enjoy the weekend and new Pontoon Tools!

--
Michal Stanke

Re: Pontoon Tools 3.4.0 released!

Matjaz Horvat-2
Michal, thanks for helping us stay on top of Mozilla l10n!

-Matjaž
On Sat, Oct 20, 2018 at 12:59 AM Michal Stanke <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello Mozilla localizers.
>
> About 26 hours ago I have released Pontoon Tools 3.3.1 and now 3.4.0 is
> out too. Notable changes:
>
>   * New feature I call *context buttons* for quick reporting or fixing
>     localization issues you spot on Mozilla websites. Highlight the text
>     with your mouse and two small buttons will appear. One to search the
>     text in Pontoon and the other to open a bug report for your team
>     (the prefilled tickets includes link to the page the problematic
>     text you have selected).
>   * There is a *wiki* describing Pontoon Tools both for users and
>     potential contributors. It's linked from the add-on options or you
>     can open it directly here
>     <https://github.com/MikkCZ/pontoon-tools/wiki>. Context buttons are
>     not there yet, but I will correct that before Monday.
>   * The toolbar button popup now also lists the *number of warnings and
>     errors*, plus the links are better clickable.
>   * I have also updated the webextension-polyfill, so it should run
>     smoother on Chrome.
>
> Enjoy the weekend and new Pontoon Tools!
>
> --
> Michal Stanke

Re: Pontoon Tools 3.4.0 released!

Gabriela Montagu-2
Yesterday I tried the new

Highlight the text
    with your mouse and two small buttons will appear. One to search the
    text in Pontoon.

It worked fine! I think it's an awesome and very helpful feature!!!
Thank you so much Michal for such a useful tool!!!

Regards,
Gabriela

El vie., 19 de oct. de 2018 19:59, Michal Stanke <[hidden email]>
escribió:

> Hello Mozilla localizers.
>
> About 26 hours ago I have released Pontoon Tools 3.3.1 and now 3.4.0 is
> out too. Notable changes:
>
>   * New feature I call *context buttons* for quick reporting or fixing
>     localization issues you spot on Mozilla websites. Highlight the text
>     with your mouse and two small buttons will appear. One to search the
>     text in Pontoon and the other to open a bug report for your team
>     (the prefilled tickets includes link to the page the problematic
>     text you have selected).
>   * There is a *wiki* describing Pontoon Tools both for users and
>     potential contributors. It's linked from the add-on options or you
>     can open it directly here
>     <https://github.com/MikkCZ/pontoon-tools/wiki>. Context buttons are
>     not there yet, but I will correct that before Monday.
>   * The toolbar button popup now also lists the *number of warnings and
>     errors*, plus the links are better clickable.
>   * I have also updated the webextension-polyfill, so it should run
>     smoother on Chrome.
>
> Enjoy the weekend and new Pontoon Tools!
>
> --
> Michal Stanke

Re: Pontoon Tools 3.4.0 released!

Michal Stanke-2
Thank you Gabriela for you feedback. I am pleased the new feature
actually helps.

If you or anyone else has an idea for further improvements or new use
cases it may cover, I am one big ear to listen to you. I have an idea
for improving the page actions shown in the address bar on Mozilla sites
that are translated in Pontoon, however Pontoon Tools now covers all of
scenarios I often hit myself.

Dne 21. 10. 18 v 0:14 Gabriela Montagu napsal(a):

> Yesterday I tried the new
>
> Highlight the text
>     with your mouse and two small buttons will appear. One to search the
>     text in Pontoon.
>
> It worked fine! I think it's an awesome and very helpful feature!!!
> Thank you so much Michal for such a useful tool!!!
>
> Regards,
> Gabriela
>

> El vie., 19 de oct. de 2018 19:59, Michal Stanke <[hidden email]
> <mailto:[hidden email]>> escribió:
>
>     Hello Mozilla localizers.
>
>     About 26 hours ago I have released Pontoon Tools 3.3.1 and now
>     3.4.0 is
>     out too. Notable changes:
>
>       * New feature I call *context buttons* for quick reporting or fixing
>         localization issues you spot on Mozilla websites. Highlight
>     the text
>         with your mouse and two small buttons will appear. One to
>     search the
>         text in Pontoon and the other to open a bug report for your team
>         (the prefilled tickets includes link to the page the problematic
>         text you have selected).
>       * There is a *wiki* describing Pontoon Tools both for users and
>         potential contributors. It's linked from the add-on options or you
>         can open it directly here
>         <https://github.com/MikkCZ/pontoon-tools/wiki>. Context
>     buttons are
>         not there yet, but I will correct that before Monday.
>       * The toolbar button popup now also lists the *number of
>     warnings and
>         errors*, plus the links are better clickable.
>       * I have also updated the webextension-polyfill, so it should run
>         smoother on Chrome.
>
>     Enjoy the weekend and new Pontoon Tools!
>
>     --
>     Michal Stanke

Michal Stanke