Pontoon Tools 3.0

Michal Stanke-2
Hello lions.

Pontoon Tools 3.0 are out and published on AMO! This time I do not want
nor need to spam this mailing list what's new in there. You can find our
in this short post
<https://michal.stanke.cz/2017/11/12/pontoon-tools-3-0.html> plus the
add-on will tell you itself. ;)

Enjoy the rest of Sunday and #firefox57 release next week.
--
Michal

Re: Pontoon Tools 3.0

Matjaz Horvat-2
Good work, Michal!

I overlooked that browser notifications are *disabled* by default. For
other people who want to receive system level notifications (even when
your browser is closed) - you can enable them in the Add-On settings.

I find browser notifications very helpful and not too intrusive (for
now). Have you considered enabling them by default?

-Matjaž

On Sun, Nov 12, 2017 at 4:37 PM, Michal Stanke <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello lions.
>
> Pontoon Tools 3.0 are out and published on AMO! This time I do not want nor
> need to spam this mailing list what's new in there. You can find our in this
> short post <https://michal.stanke.cz/2017/11/12/pontoon-tools-3-0.html> plus
> the add-on will tell you itself. ;)
>
> Enjoy the rest of Sunday and #firefox57 release next week.
> --
> Michal

Re: Pontoon Tools 3.0

Kim Ludvigsen-2
Den 18-11-2017 kl. 16:10 skrev Matjaz Horvat:

> I find browser notifications very helpful and not too intrusive (for
> now). Have you considered enabling them by default?

Please, do not consider that. It would be more usefull with a setting to
turn off a website's request for allowing notifications.

Sorry for poluting the list but allowing push notifications by default
would be a very bad decision.

--
Kind regards
Kim Ludvigsen

Re: Pontoon Tools 3.0

Michal Stanke-2
Hi Matjaž.

To be honest, from the very first moment I intended to make the
notifications as opt-in feature. Not because I would find that intrusive
for myself (I usually translate everything asap after it appears), but
Pontoon Tools may be useful by other functions than notifications for
people translating fitfully when they have time.

What I agree is that the visibility of features is not great. I have
tried to improve it by adding the post-installation/update tour alike
Activity Stream, but I haven't included any analytics so I have no clue
how well that works. Do you think it might be helpful to have predefined
set of settings for start? Something like team manager (everything on),
team member (notifications off, team overview off), not Pontoon user
(i.e. for SUMO l10ns, toolbar button and notifications off, page action
and context menu items on)...

Michal

Dne 18.11.2017 v 10:10 Matjaz Horvat napsal(a):
> I find browser notifications very helpful and not too intrusive (for
> now). Have you considered enabling them by default?

Re: Pontoon Tools 3.0

Matjaz Horvat-2
Michal,

I assume the biggest value of Pontoon Tools ATM is notifications (not
that I have any data to support that), so adding use case presets
almost smells like overengineering.

Truth being told, most people spend most of their computer time in a
browser and the red label on Pontoon icon should be obvious enough.

-Matjaž

On Sun, Nov 19, 2017 at 2:23 PM, Michal Stanke <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Matjaž.
>
> To be honest, from the very first moment I intended to make the
> notifications as opt-in feature. Not because I would find that intrusive for
> myself (I usually translate everything asap after it appears), but Pontoon
> Tools may be useful by other functions than notifications for people
> translating fitfully when they have time.
>
> What I agree is that the visibility of features is not great. I have tried
> to improve it by adding the post-installation/update tour alike Activity
> Stream, but I haven't included any analytics so I have no clue how well that
> works. Do you think it might be helpful to have predefined set of settings
> for start? Something like team manager (everything on), team member
> (notifications off, team overview off), not Pontoon user (i.e. for SUMO
> l10ns, toolbar button and notifications off, page action and context menu
> items on)...
>
> Michal
>
> Dne 18.11.2017 v 10:10 Matjaz Horvat napsal(a):
>>
>> I find browser notifications very helpful and not too intrusive (for
>> now). Have you considered enabling them by default?

Re: Pontoon Tools 3.0

Michal Stanke-2
You are right, but I never meant to stop there. That's also the reason
why I have named the add-on Tools. Sad is I haven't included any visible
killer feature for day to day localizers use so far. The in-Firefox
localization hasn't reached the prototype phase yet because the lack of
free time to work on it.

Michal

Dne 20.11.2017 v 11:19 Matjaz Horvat napsal(a):
> I assume the biggest value of Pontoon Tools ATM is notifications

Re: Pontoon Tools 3.0

Matjaz Horvat-2
All of this sounds very exciting. Looking forward to it!

-Matjaž