[Pontoon] New Firefox feature: Firefox Screenshots

[Pontoon] New Firefox feature: Firefox Screenshots

Francesco Lodolo [:flod]
Hi,
As previously announced, a new project is available for translation:
"Firefox Screenshots".
https://pontoon.mozilla.org/projects/firefox-screenshots/

Firefox Screenshots is a new feature that lets you take clips and
screenshots from the Web and save them temporarily or permanently. It
consists of an add-on and a website, but currently only strings for
the add-on are available for translation.

The deadline for the add-on translation (32 strings) is April 11. I'll
follow up here as soon as strings for the website are available.

Based on the survey results (thanks to all who took time to answer),
"Firefox Screenshots" needs to remain untranslated e should not be
transliterated. The good news is that most strings will not contain
the brand, but an action/noun that can be localized (screenshot, shot,
etc.).

I'll file a bug to track the results of that discussion, and share it
here as soon as it's done.

Francesco

Re: [Pontoon] New Firefox feature: Firefox Screenshots

Gion-Andri Cantieni
Hi Francesco,
is there a way to test the add-on and our translation?

Best regards
Gion-Andri

--
Firefox e Thunderbird san rumantsch!
https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/all/#rm

Am Mi, 29. Mär 2017, um 10:24, schrieb Francesco Lodolo:

> Hi,
> As previously announced, a new project is available for translation:
> "Firefox Screenshots".
> https://pontoon.mozilla.org/projects/firefox-screenshots/
>
> Firefox Screenshots is a new feature that lets you take clips and
> screenshots from the Web and save them temporarily or permanently. It
> consists of an add-on and a website, but currently only strings for
> the add-on are available for translation.
>
> The deadline for the add-on translation (32 strings) is April 11. I'll
> follow up here as soon as strings for the website are available.
>
> Based on the survey results (thanks to all who took time to answer),
> "Firefox Screenshots" needs to remain untranslated e should not be
> transliterated. The good news is that most strings will not contain
> the brand, but an action/noun that can be localized (screenshot, shot,
> etc.).
>
> I'll file a bug to track the results of that discussion, and share it
> here as soon as it's done.
>
> Francesco

Re: [Pontoon] New Firefox feature: Firefox Screenshots

Francesco Lodolo [:flod]
See
https://pontoon.mozilla.org/projects/firefox-screenshots/

There's a new section ("Project resources") that links to useful
resources, in this case the test add-on
https://pageshot.dev.mozaws.net/homepage/install-test-local.html

I don't know exactly how often is updated (yet).

Francesco

> Hi Francesco,
> is there a way to test the add-on and our translation?
>
> Best regards
> Gion-Andri
>
> --
> Firefox e Thunderbird san rumantsch!
> https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/all/#rm
> http://www.mozilla.org/rm/thunderbird
>
> Am Mi, 29. Mär 2017, um 10:24, schrieb Francesco Lodolo:
>> Hi,
>> As previously announced, a new project is available for translation:
>> "Firefox Screenshots".
>> https://pontoon.mozilla.org/projects/firefox-screenshots/
>>
>> Firefox Screenshots is a new feature that lets you take clips and
>> screenshots from the Web and save them temporarily or permanently. It
>> consists of an add-on and a website, but currently only strings for
>> the add-on are available for translation.
>>
>> The deadline for the add-on translation (32 strings) is April 11. I'll
>> follow up here as soon as strings for the website are available.
>>
>> Based on the survey results (thanks to all who took time to answer),
>> "Firefox Screenshots" needs to remain untranslated e should not be
>> transliterated. The good news is that most strings will not contain
>> the brand, but an action/noun that can be localized (screenshot, shot,
>> etc.).
>>
>> I'll file a bug to track the results of that discussion, and share it
>> here as soon as it's done.
>>
>> Francesco

Re: [Pontoon] New Firefox feature: Firefox Screenshots

Gion-Andri Cantieni
Thank you Francesco for the pointer.

@everyone testing:
pay attention what you are screenshotting, deleting a shot is currently
not working :)

Cheers
Gion-Andri

--
Gion-Andri Cantieni
Schaufelbergerstrasse 67

077 / 429 94 42
[hidden email]

Am Mi, 29. Mär 2017, um 12:11, schrieb Francesco Lodolo:

> See
> https://pontoon.mozilla.org/projects/firefox-screenshots/
>
> There's a new section ("Project resources") that links to useful
> resources, in this case the test add-on
> https://pageshot.dev.mozaws.net/homepage/install-test-local.html
>
> I don't know exactly how often is updated (yet).
>
> Francesco

> <[hidden email]>:
> > Hi Francesco,
> > is there a way to test the add-on and our translation?
> >
> > Best regards
> > Gion-Andri
> >
> > --
> > Firefox e Thunderbird san rumantsch!
> > https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/all/#rm
> > http://www.mozilla.org/rm/thunderbird
> >
> > Am Mi, 29. Mär 2017, um 10:24, schrieb Francesco Lodolo:
> >> Hi,
> >> As previously announced, a new project is available for translation:
> >> "Firefox Screenshots".
> >> https://pontoon.mozilla.org/projects/firefox-screenshots/
> >>
> >> Firefox Screenshots is a new feature that lets you take clips and
> >> screenshots from the Web and save them temporarily or permanently. It
> >> consists of an add-on and a website, but currently only strings for
> >> the add-on are available for translation.
> >>
> >> The deadline for the add-on translation (32 strings) is April 11. I'll
> >> follow up here as soon as strings for the website are available.
> >>
> >> Based on the survey results (thanks to all who took time to answer),
> >> "Firefox Screenshots" needs to remain untranslated e should not be
> >> transliterated. The good news is that most strings will not contain
> >> the brand, but an action/noun that can be localized (screenshot, shot,
> >> etc.).
> >>
> >> I'll file a bug to track the results of that discussion, and share it
> >> here as soon as it's done.
> >>
> >> Francesco

Re: [Pontoon] New Firefox feature: Firefox Screenshots

droidbittin
On Wednesday, March 29, 2017 at 12:11:12 PM UTC+2, Francesco Lodolo wrote:

> See
> https://pontoon.mozilla.org/projects/firefox-screenshots/
>
> There's a new section ("Project resources") that links to useful
> resources, in this case the test add-on
> https://pageshot.dev.mozaws.net/homepage/install-test-local.html
>
> I don't know exactly how often is updated (yet).
>
> Francesco

> > Hi Francesco,
> > is there a way to test the add-on and our translation?
> >
> > Best regards
> > Gion-Andri
> >
> > --
> > Firefox e Thunderbird san rumantsch!
> > https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/all/#rm
> > http://www.mozilla.org/rm/thunderbird
> >
> > Am Mi, 29. Mär 2017, um 10:24, schrieb Francesco Lodolo:
> >> Hi,
> >> As previously announced, a new project is available for translation:
> >> "Firefox Screenshots".
> >> https://pontoon.mozilla.org/projects/firefox-screenshots/
> >>
> >> Firefox Screenshots is a new feature that lets you take clips and
> >> screenshots from the Web and save them temporarily or permanently. It
> >> consists of an add-on and a website, but currently only strings for
> >> the add-on are available for translation.
> >>
> >> The deadline for the add-on translation (32 strings) is April 11. I'll
> >> follow up here as soon as strings for the website are available.
> >>
> >> Based on the survey results (thanks to all who took time to answer),
> >> "Firefox Screenshots" needs to remain untranslated e should not be
> >> transliterated. The good news is that most strings will not contain
> >> the brand, but an action/noun that can be localized (screenshot, shot,
> >> etc.).
> >>
> >> I'll file a bug to track the results of that discussion, and share it
> >> here as soon as it's done.
> >>
> >> Francesco

Re: [Pontoon] New Firefox feature: Firefox Screenshots

Michael Wolf-2
[hidden email] schrieb:
> On Wednesday, March 29, 2017 at 12:11:12 PM UTC+2, Francesco Lodolo wrote:
>> See
>> https://pontoon.mozilla.org/projects/firefox-screenshots/
>>
>> There's a new section ("Project resources") that links to useful
>> resources, in this case the test add-on
>> https://pageshot.dev.mozaws.net/homepage/install-test-local.html
>>
>> I don't know exactly how often is updated (yet).

Hi,

the buttons are too small for Sorbian. The button text juts out on the
left and on the right.

Re: [Pontoon] New Firefox feature: Firefox Screenshots

Francesco Lodolo [:flod]
Can you file an issue here? A screenshot of the problem would be
extremely useful
https://github.com/mozilla-services/screenshots/issues

Francesco

> [hidden email] schrieb:
>>
>> On Wednesday, March 29, 2017 at 12:11:12 PM UTC+2, Francesco Lodolo wrote:
>>>
>>> See
>>> https://pontoon.mozilla.org/projects/firefox-screenshots/
>>>
>>> There's a new section ("Project resources") that links to useful
>>> resources, in this case the test add-on
>>> https://pageshot.dev.mozaws.net/homepage/install-test-local.html
>>>
>>> I don't know exactly how often is updated (yet).
>

> Hi,
>
> the buttons are too small for Sorbian. The button text juts out on the left
> and on the right.

Re: [Pontoon] New Firefox feature: Firefox Screenshots

Francesco Lodolo [:flod]
Actually, I filed one directly since it happens also in Italian
https://github.com/mozilla-services/screenshots/issues/2523

Francesco

Francesco Lodolo schrieb:
> Actually, I filed one directly since it happens also in Italian
> https://github.com/mozilla-services/screenshots/issues/2523

Thank you Francesco. I subscribed to the issue.

Michael

Re: [Pontoon] New Firefox feature: Firefox Screenshots

Francesco Lodolo [:flod]
You will see an update for one string landing in the next hours.

The string

By using Firefox Screenshots, you agree to the Screenshots
{termsAndPrivacyNoticeTermsLink} and {termsAndPrivacyNoticePrivacyLink}.

needs to be updated, replacing "Screenshots {terms}"  with "Firefox
Cloud Services {terms}".

Since Firefox Screenshots is becoming part of Firefox, its Terms are not
separated anymore, and this wasn't caught earlier in the migration from
a stand-alone Test Pilot experiment.

I've updated the deadline to make it less confusing (the original one
was April 11).

Francesco

Re: [Pontoon] New Firefox feature: Firefox Screenshots

Francesco Lodolo [:flod]
Hi,
Quick update on this project: Firefox Screenshots is now scheduled for
release with Firefox 55 (initially it was 54).

We're still waiting for the server strings, they should be available
for translation next week.

Francesco