[Poll]Should posts containing personal attacks be removed?

1 ... 28293031

Re: Way way OT was Re: [Poll]Should posts containing personal attacks be removed?

The Real Bev
Ron Hunter wrote:

> Daniel wrote:
>> squaredancer wrote:
>>> On 24.12.2008 04:25, CET - what odd quirk of fate caused  The Real Bev
>>> to generate the following:? :

>> <snip>
>>
>>> You are NOT allowed to carry a weapon "exposed" - dunno why, but I
>>> presume it may be a case of "invoking a crime" by tempting a person who
>>> has criminal intents!
>>
>> How about cause too much mental stress to everybody else, seeing you
>> walking around with your exposed weapon, reg!!

Hey, you don't have to look!

>>> you won't get on an airplane these days, with that penknife on your
>>> keyring - in fact, the US authorities would pronanly even confiscate
>>> your keys, as well.
>>> They are so scared shit, that you can't even have a pointed shadow...
>>
>> What's "pronanly" meant to be, reg??

My guess: "probably".

> The next session of the Texas legislature will see a bill to legalize
> 'open carry'.  I suspect that seeing several people sitting/standing
> around a business with guns openly displayed would act as a deterrent to
> anyone planning a robbery.  I would MUCH rather know who is carrying a
> gun than not know.  Most states allow open carry, even without a
> license, but only prevent carrying a concealed weapon.

That's good to know.  I wonder why we don't see it happen more frequently.

> "An armed society is a polite society." R.A.H.

Archie Bunker thought that plane hijackings would stop if each passenger
was issued a loaded gun as he boarded.  Hard to argue with that.

Re: Way way OT was Re: [Poll]Should posts containing personal attacks be removed?

squaredancer
On 26.12.2008 00:41, CET - what odd quirk of fate caused  Daniel to
generate the following:? :

> squaredancer wrote:
>
>> On 25.12.2008 03:29, CET - what odd quirk of fate caused  Daniel to
>> generate the following:? :

>>> <snip>

>>> <snip>
>>>
>>> How about cause too much mental stress to everybody else, seeing you
>>> walking around with your exposed weapon, reg!!
>>>
>> at MY age, my tool wouldn't even be noticed :-(

>>> What's "pronanly" meant to be, reg??
>>>
>> Typical Oz - look at your keyboard - what letter is next to the N - and
>> the other one is ???
>>
>> THAT is the one I hit, but the little green men under the keys keep
>> running too and fro - it's christmas, and they're DRUNK again!
>>
>> reg
>>

> Hey, reg, every heard of a spell checker??? Even using a U.S. English
> dictionary would have caught that!

I did - it suggested "profanely" - which I thought was wrong-wrong-wrong!

reg

Re: Way way OT was Re: [Poll]Should posts containing personal attacks be removed?

clay-14
squaredancer wrote:

> On 26.12.2008 00:41, CET - what odd quirk of fate caused  Daniel to
> generate the following:? :
>> squaredancer wrote:
>>
>>> On 25.12.2008 03:29, CET - what odd quirk of fate caused  Daniel to
>>> generate the following:? :

>>> at MY age, my tool wouldn't even be noticed :-(

>>> Typical Oz - look at your keyboard - what letter is next to the N - and
>>> the other one is ???
>>>
>>> THAT is the one I hit, but the little green men under the keys keep
>>> running too and fro - it's christmas, and they're DRUNK again!
>>>
>>> reg
>>>

>> Hey, reg, every heard of a spell checker??? Even using a U.S. English
>> dictionary would have caught that!
>>

> I did - it suggested "profanely" - which I thought was wrong-wrong-wrong!
>
> reg

Funny spelcheck story.
I replied to a customer and cc'd others at his company.
The old NS spelchecker would immediately send after the last correction.
Being such a poor speller, I'm clicking replace, replace, replace...
Working through the text, the last thing it spellchecks is the name of
the person I replied to.
His last name was Pelanio which spellcheck changed to penile and off it
went!
oops...

Re: Way way OT was Re: [Poll]Should posts containing personal attacks be removed?

Ed Mullen
clay wrote:

> squaredancer wrote:
>> On 26.12.2008 00:41, CET - what odd quirk of fate caused Daniel to
>> generate the following:? :

>>> Hey, reg, every heard of a spell checker??? Even using a U.S. English
>>> dictionary would have caught that!
>>>
>> I did - it suggested "profanely" - which I thought was wrong-wrong-wrong!
>>
>> reg
>
> Funny spelcheck story.
> I replied to a customer and cc'd others at his company.
> The old NS spelchecker would immediately send after the last correction.
> Being such a poor speller, I'm clicking replace, replace, replace...
> Working through the text, the last thing it spellchecks is the name of
> the person I replied to.
> His last name was Pelanio which spellcheck changed to penile and off it
> went!
> oops...

<LOL>  Yeah, well, they really should rename that "Replace at your own
risk!"

--
Ed Mullen
http://edmullen.net

Re: Way way OT was Re: [Poll]Should posts containing personal attacks be removed?

Daniel-257
clay wrote:

> squaredancer wrote:
>> On 26.12.2008 00:41, CET - what odd quirk of fate caused Daniel to
>> generate the following:? :

>>> Hey, reg, every heard of a spell checker??? Even using a U.S. English
>>> dictionary would have caught that!
>>>
>> I did - it suggested "profanely" - which I thought was wrong-wrong-wrong!
>>
>> reg
>
> Funny spelcheck story.
> I replied to a customer and cc'd others at his company.
> The old NS spelchecker would immediately send after the last correction.
> Being such a poor speller, I'm clicking replace, replace, replace...
> Working through the text, the last thing it spellchecks is the name of
> the person I replied to.
> His last name was Pelanio which spellcheck changed to penile and off it
> went!
> oops...

I think we'll blame the tool-user for that one, rather than the tool!!

--
Daniel
(using his sister's computer)

Re: Way way OT was Re: [Poll]Should posts containing personal attacks be removed?

squaredancer
On 27.12.2008 01:53, CET - what odd quirk of fate caused  clay to
generate the following:? :

> squaredancer wrote:
>
>> On 26.12.2008 00:41, CET - what odd quirk of fate caused  Daniel to
>> generate the following:? :

>>> Hey, reg, every heard of a spell checker??? Even using a U.S. English
>>> dictionary would have caught that!
>>>

>> I did - it suggested "profanely" - which I thought was wrong-wrong-wrong!
>>
>> reg
>>

> Funny spelcheck story.
> I replied to a customer and cc'd others at his company.
> The old NS spelchecker would immediately send after the last correction.
> Being such a poor speller, I'm clicking replace, replace, replace...
> Working through the text, the last thing it spellchecks is the name of
> the person I replied to.
> His last name was Pelanio which spellcheck changed to penile and off it
> went!
> oops...

yepp - nuttin' like lernin good spellin at skool, eh!

reg

Re: Way way OT was Re: [Poll]Should posts containing personal attacks be removed?

squaredancer
On 27.12.2008 10:55, CET - what odd quirk of fate caused  Daniel to
generate the following:? :

> clay wrote:
>
>> squaredancer wrote:
>>
>>> On 26.12.2008 00:41, CET - what odd quirk of fate caused Daniel to
>>> generate the following:? :

>>> I did - it suggested "profanely" - which I thought was wrong-wrong-wrong!
>>>
>>> reg
>>>
>> Funny spelcheck story.
>> I replied to a customer and cc'd others at his company.
>> The old NS spelchecker would immediately send after the last correction.
>> Being such a poor speller, I'm clicking replace, replace, replace...
>> Working through the text, the last thing it spellchecks is the name of
>> the person I replied to.
>> His last name was Pelanio which spellcheck changed to penile and off it
>> went!
>> oops...
>>

> I think we'll blame the tool-user for that one, rather than the tool!!

good you didn't put that reply to me, Daniel.
I was about to raise the Kaiser Bill's Fleet to come down there and sink
your silly littly island!

reg

squaredancer wrote:

> On 27.12.2008 10:55, CET - what odd quirk of fate caused  Daniel to
> generate the following:? :
>> clay wrote:

>>> Funny spelcheck story.
>>> I replied to a customer and cc'd others at his company.
>>> The old NS spelchecker would immediately send after the last correction.
>>> Being such a poor speller, I'm clicking replace, replace, replace...
>>> Working through the text, the last thing it spellchecks is the name of
>>> the person I replied to.
>>> His last name was Pelanio which spellcheck changed to penile and off it
>>> went!
>>> oops...
>>
>> I think we'll blame the tool-user for that one, rather than the tool!!
>>
> good you didn't put that reply to me, Daniel.
> I was about to raise the Kaiser Bill's Fleet to come down there and sink
> your silly littly island!
>
> reg

"your silly littly island" ....why thems fighting words, we're a
continent all on our own, not just a piddling little part of one!!

--
Daniel
(using his sister's computer)