Plurals...

Rhoslyn Prys-2
When translating the following on Pontoon I'm getting the 'expecting 6
plurals, found 2' error message. What do I need to do?

;You are about to close #1 windows %S. Are you sure you want to continue?

;Rydych ar fin cau #1 ffenestr %S. Ydych chi'n siŵr eich bod am barhau?

Comment LOCALIZATION NOTE (tabs.closeWarningMultipleWindows):
Semicolon-separated list of plural forms.

;with #1 tabs

;gyda #1 tab*

Comment LOCALIZATION NOTE (tabs.closeWarningMultipleWindowsTabSnippet):
Semicolon-separated list of plural forms

* Ideally I need to mutate tab - dab, thab, etc ;-)

Rhos

Re: Plurals...

Francesco Lodolo [:flod]
Il 29/06/18 16:40, Rhoslyn Prys ha scritto:
> When translating the following on Pontoon I'm getting the 'expecting 6
> plurals, found 2' error message. What do I need to do?
Hi Rhoslyn,
These two strings are plural, so they require 6 forms for Welsh.

If it helps, imagine these two strings being:

You are about to close 1 window %S. Are you sure you want to
continue?;You are about to close #1 windows %S. Are you sure you want to
continue?

and

with #1 tab;with #1 tabs

In case of English, the first form (for "1", singular) is omitted, since
it's never used.

Welsh should look something like this, correcting "windows" and "terms"
as needed.

Rydych ar fin cau #1 ffenestr %S. Ydych chi'n siŵr eich bod am
barhau?;Rydych ar fin cau #1 ffenestr %S. Ydych chi'n siŵr eich bod am
barhau?;Rydych ar fin cau #1 ffenestr %S. Ydych chi'n siŵr eich bod am
barhau?;Rydych ar fin cau #1 ffenestr %S. Ydych chi'n siŵr eich bod am
barhau?;Rydych ar fin cau #1 ffenestr %S. Ydych chi'n siŵr eich bod am
barhau?;Rydych ar fin cau #1 ffenestr %S. Ydych chi'n siŵr eich bod am
barhau?

gyda #1 tab*;gyda #1 tab*;gyda #1 tab*;gyda #1 tab*;gyda #1 tab*;gyda #1
tab*

Francesco