Please provide better XSL support - it is terrible

Please provide better XSL support - it is terrible

Holge r
When is Mozilla Foundation considering better xsl implementation? It
is hard to implement workarounds and sometimes still impossible.
Transformix is still not supporting the namespace axis xpath
expression. And also it seems impossible to implement other parser
like xalan or saxon. Is there any progress in the near future to fix
the bug in transformix or to allow native implementation of other
parser?

Does somebody know how I can build a workaround to address unbounded
namespace?

<xsl:value-of "*/@*[namespace-uri() = 'http://www.w3.org/2000/
xmlns/']"/> is not working.

Regards

Re: Please provide better XSL support - it is terrible

Martin Honnen-3
Holge r wrote:

> Does somebody know how I can build a workaround to address unbounded
> namespace?
>
> <xsl:value-of "*/@*[namespace-uri() = 'http://www.w3.org/2000/
> xmlns/']"/> is not working.

Can you explain in more detail what you want to achieve with that
expression?
How does your XML look? What is the output you want to achieve?

--

        Martin Honnen
        http://msmvps.com/blogs/martin_honnen/

Re: Please provide better XSL support - it is terrible

mozguy

@ can only go inside [] as an Xpath filter expression

Re: Please provide better XSL support - it is terrible

Holge r
Hi

> @ can only go inside [] as an Xpath filter expression

thats not correct. Instead of @ you could also use tye long way of
atttribute:: and it is not required to be within []. The problem with
transformix. I can not use <xsl:copy-of select="*/namespace::*"/>.
this should copy all namespaces to the output. But transformix does
not support the namespace axis. In this way there is no chance to
access namespace attributes. Is there any chance that firefox dwv team
can fix it?

On 30/11/2009 11:36 AM, Holge r wrote:

> Hi
>
>> @ can only go inside [] as an Xpath filter expression
>
> thats not correct. Instead of @ you could also use tye long way of
> atttribute:: and it is not required to be within []. The problem with
> transformix. I can not use<xsl:copy-of select="*/namespace::*"/>.
> this should copy all namespaces to the output. But transformix does
> not support the namespace axis. In this way there is no chance to
> access namespace attributes. Is there any chance that firefox dwv team
> can fix it?

Is it not a proprietary vocabulary?