Please check the rendering [Browse...] label in file input if you are working on an RTL locale

Please check the rendering [Browse...] label in file input if you are working on an RTL locale

Tim Guan-tin Chien
Hello!

tl;dr, If you are working on an RTL locale, please load this URL
data:text/html,<input type=file> and make sure the [Browse...] button is
rendered correctly.

==

Over in the bug 1451576, I added a little feature that would allow the
[Browse...] button inside the <input type="file"> to have its own isolated
text direction.

This means on Firefox in English we would no longer see [...Browse] when

data:text/html,<input type=file dir=rtl>

because the rendering of the button will always follow the text direction
of the "Browse..." label, disregarding the direction set on the input (or
the web content). In RTL locales it should correctly render the text
right-to-left, without the need of any special treatment on the string.

This shouldn't cause troubles but I just want to send out an e-mail to
check.

Thank you for helping out Firefox!

Tim

Re: Please check the rendering [Browse...] label in file input if you are working on an RTL locale

Tim Guan-tin Chien
Hi,

It turned out the patch has caused some issues and will be removed in
Firefox 62 (see bug 1467964)
It's fine to leave the corresponding string changes in Firefox 61 but
please change it back soon.

Sorry for the troubles.

Tim