Petition to investigate Chris Dodd and the MPAA for bribery.

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
46 messages Options
123
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Petition to investigate Chris Dodd and the MPAA for bribery.

The Real Bev
On 01/23/2012 02:19 PM, Cy Burnot wrote:

> The Real Bev has written on 1/23/2012 5:08 PM:
>>  On 01/23/2012 11:27 AM, Cy Burnot wrote:
>>>  Frank has written on 1/22/2012 7:55 PM:
>>>>
>>>>   On original point, Lib politicians seem to have the edge on corruption.
>>>
>>>  Ah, but then there's Newt!!! And don't forget that Democrat pols need
>>>  the money more than the 1% Republicans, who as members of the party of
>>>  family values seem to have a little problem with morals.
>>
>>  I'm pretty sure that acting on the urge to screw someone other than a
>>  lawful spouse (or spouses) is independent of race, color, creed,
>>  ethnicity, citizenship, religion, political party, sexual orientation or
>>  foot size.
>
> But only matters if it's grossly hypocritical!

"I did not have sex with that woman -- Monica Lewinsky."

It always matters. What matters more, however, is how badly an elected
(or appointed) official fucks the country.

This is my last comment on this subject.  They're all shitheads no
matter what party they belong to.

--
Cheers, Bev
===============================================
"If God had wanted us to use the metric system,
  Jesus would have had 10 apostles."
                                  - Jesse Helms
_______________________________________________
general mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.mozilla.org/listinfo/general
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Petition to investigate Chris Dodd and the MPAA for bribery.

PhillipJones
In reply to this post by F1Com
[hidden email] wrote:

> On 1/22/2012 11:22 AM On a whim, Sailfish pounded out on the keyboard
>
>> My bloviated meandering follows what WLS graced us with on 1/22/2012
>> 8:27 AM:
>>> [excerpt quote] Recently on FOX News former Senator Chris Dodd said (as
>>> quoted on news site TechDirt), "Those who count on quote 'Hollywood' for
>>> support need to understand that this industry is watching very carefully
>>> who's going to stand up for them when their job is at stake. Don't ask
>>> me to write a check for you when you think your job is at risk and then
>>> don't pay any attention to me when my job is at stake," [/quote]
>>>
>>> More
>>>
>>> http://tinyurl.com/7j7kglq
>>>
>>> Register, sign the petition, have a voice in your government.
>>>
>> Okay, I logged in and added my vote to the petition but I'm a little
>> nervous now.
>>
>> Shouldn't they have a, you know, "Logout" link thingie?
>>
>
> "You can check out any time you want, but you can NEVER leave..."
>
>
>
> Terry

Ahh, Hotel California by the Eagles. :-)

--
Phillip M. Jones, C.E.T.        "If it's Fixed, Don't Break it"
http://www.phillipmjones.net        mailto:[hidden email]
_______________________________________________
general mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.mozilla.org/listinfo/general
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

OT Play on words (was:- Re: Petition to investigate Chris Dodd and the MPAA for bribery.)

Daniel-257
In reply to this post by Sailfish-2
Sailfish wrote:
> My bloviated meandering follows what [hidden email] graced us
> with on 1/23/2012 10:10 AM:
>> On 1/22/2012 11:22 AM On a whim, Sailfish pounded out on the keyboard
>>
>>> My bloviated meandering follows what WLS graced us with on 1/22/2012
>>> 8:27 AM

<Snip>

> Thanks for confirming my worst fears but I thought that was Hotel
> California not Whitehouse Inn? :)
>

Sorry, Sailfish, did you mean "Whitehouse Inn" or "Whitehouse Inc."?? ;-)

--
Daniel
_______________________________________________
general mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.mozilla.org/listinfo/general
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Petition to investigate Chris Dodd and the MPAA for bribery.

WaltS-3
In reply to this post by WaltS-3
On 01/22/2012 11:27 AM, WLS wrote:

> [excerpt quote] Recently on FOX News former Senator Chris Dodd said (as
> quoted on news site TechDirt), "Those who count on quote 'Hollywood' for
> support need to understand that this industry is watching very carefully
> who's going to stand up for them when their job is at stake. Don't ask
> me to write a check for you when you think your job is at risk and then
> don't pay any attention to me when my job is at stake," [/quote]
>
> More
>
> http://tinyurl.com/7j7kglq
>
> Register, sign the petition, have a voice in your government.
>
> Thank you
>


Again, thanks to all US citizens that signed this petition. There are
currently 26,467 signatures, more than the 25,000 required.

There are some other interesting petitions.

--
Thunderbird Beta
_______________________________________________
general mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.mozilla.org/listinfo/general
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: OT Play on words

Sailfish-2
In reply to this post by Daniel-257
My bloviated meandering follows what Daniel graced us with on 1/24/2012
12:16 AM:

> Sailfish wrote:
>> My bloviated meandering follows what [hidden email] graced us
>> with on 1/23/2012 10:10 AM:
>>> On 1/22/2012 11:22 AM On a whim, Sailfish pounded out on the keyboard
>>>
>>>> My bloviated meandering follows what WLS graced us with on 1/22/2012
>>>> 8:27 AM
>
> <Snip>
>
>> Thanks for confirming my worst fears but I thought that was Hotel
>> California not Whitehouse Inn? :)
>>
>
> Sorry, Sailfish, did you mean "Whitehouse Inn" or "Whitehouse Inc."?? ;-)
>
What, has it franchised?! :)


--
Sailfish - Netscape Champion
Mozilla Contributor Member - www.mozilla.org/credits/
Netscape/Mozilla Tips: http://www.ufaq.org/ , http://ilias.ca/
Rare Mozilla Stuff: https://www.projectit.com/
_______________________________________________
general mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.mozilla.org/listinfo/general
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Petition to investigate Chris Dodd and the MPAA for bribery.

hemojr
In reply to this post by WaltS-3
MPAA's chief lobbyist Chris Dodd's chiding of purchased politicians for listening to their constituents is not only an indictment of him, but of the content cartel.

Emboldened since Disney was able to orchestrate the extension of copyright to life + 75 years so that Mickey Mouse would not become public domain, the content industry has insinuated itself into and undermined U.S. democracy. Under the guise of property rights, hiding in a sea of Hollywood glitter, and using greed, the seduction of glamour, and selfishness to corrupt liberal principle they have had their way over the last fifteen+ years.

SOPA, PIPA and their fast-tracked, show-trial Judiciary Committee hearings are one example of the corruption. ACTA, its secret development and negotiations under the guise of 'national security.' (A trade agreement hiding its machinations as 'national security'? That must be the new last refuge of the scoundrel) is another.

Then there is the undue influence on foreign policy, the ramming of the content cartel agenda down the throats of our trading partners. Finally the musical chairs of players between content lobbyists, DoJ, Commence Department and other agencies as well as elected officials.

The whole situation smells to high heaven. It is a cancer on the body politic of the United States.
_______________________________________________
general mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.mozilla.org/listinfo/general
123