Petition to investigate Chris Dodd and the MPAA for bribery.

Re: Petition to investigate Chris Dodd and the MPAA for bribery.

Frank-32
On 1/22/2012 7:48 PM, Cy Burnot wrote:

> Frank has written on 1/22/2012 6:44 PM:
>> On 1/22/2012 6:39 PM, Cy Burnot wrote:
>>> Sailfish has written on 1/22/2012 2:58 PM:

>>> Do you know why? Because their incomes -- if any -- place them below the
>>> poverty line.

>>> The governor of NJ came to the soup kitchen a couple of years ago, to be
>>> met by chants of "Where are the jobs?"
>>

>> A couple of years ago, Corzine? He always looked to me like he belonged in a soup kitchen ;)
>
> Are you deliberately missing the point?

No, being facetious, Libs hate that ;)

OTOH, at one point it was said that Corzine was going to bus in the
homeless from Philadelphia to vote.

On original point, Lib politicians seem to have the edge on corruption.

Re: Petition to investigate Chris Dodd and the MPAA for bribery.

Sailfish-2
My bloviated meandering follows what Cy Burnot graced us with on
1/22/2012 3:37 PM:

> Sailfish has written on 1/22/2012 2:37 PM:
>> My bloviated meandering follows what Cy Burnot graced us with on
>> 1/22/2012 11:32 AM:
>>> The Real Bev has written on 1/22/2012 1:25 PM:
>>> Proof???
>> REF: http://www.time.com/time/magazine/article/0,9171,134858,00.html
>>
>> [excerpt quote="
>> The Chinese Daily News reported that Vice President Al Gore attended an
>> April luncheon and fund raiser at a Buddhist temple in Hacienda Heights,
>> California, an event that offered the unusual (and highly improper)
>> spectacle of a tax-exempt religious institution appearing to endorse a
>> political party. After the lunch, a group of Asian businessmen
>> reportedly donated $140,000 to the D.N.C. Several contributions were
>> given in the names of monks and nuns, despite their vow of poverty. The
>> setup was apparently designed to ensure that the foreign donors' names
>> would not appear on D.N.C. lists. A woman named Man Ya Shih, who is
>> connected with a branch of the temple in Texas, told reporters that she
>> was approached at the fund raiser by a "Democratic activist" who gave
>> her $5,000 in small bills and asked her to write a check for that amount
>> to the D.N.C. Last week the committee offered to reimburse the temple
>> $15,000 for holding the fund raiser. But the party said it intended to
>> keep the $140,000.
>> " /]
>>
>> prolly this?
>
> The Chinese Daily News? Really?
>
> "Welcome to the leading Chinese Community Newspaper in Las Vegas.  We
> are proud to present Las Vegas Chinese Daily News (LVCDN) serving Las
> Vegas, Southern Nevada are and California.  We distribute to the local
> Chinese Retail Store, Libraries, Supermarket, Restaurants and more at no
> cost to our readers.  Our dedicated reporters bring you the latest local
> events and news. "
>
> Or maybe this:
>
> "Contents of Chinese Daily News
>
> "The editorials and contents of Chinese Daily News were originally
> considered very hostile to the People's Republic of China.  However,
> this view has changed rather drastically in the early 1990s when the
> newspaper begun to increase its sections / pages to have much more news
> coverage on mainland China by increasing the corresponding coverage from
> the a mere single article to two pages in the main section. The rapid
> shift to neutralism for its coverage on mainland China was originally in
> part due to the attempt to obtain more readers among the recent Chinese
> immigrants, whom mostly were consisted mainland Chinese. The shift was
> further strengthened from mid-1990s in part due to the new huge wave of
> the arrival of mainland Chinese immigrants to North America after the
> mid-1990s."

Complain to the left-of-center Time.com.

I recall the incident and that's about how I recall it. Any, if you
don't trust Time, Google it yourself, I found many hits and only picked
that one since it was from a liberal source.

--
Sailfish - Netscape Champion
Rare Mozilla Stuff: https://www.projectit.com/

Re: Petition to investigate Chris Dodd and the MPAA for bribery.

Sailfish-2
My bloviated meandering follows what Cy Burnot graced us with on
1/22/2012 3:39 PM:

> Sailfish has written on 1/22/2012 2:58 PM:
>> My bloviated meandering follows what Cy Burnot graced us with on
>> 1/22/2012 11:34 AM:
>>> Ryan P. has written on 1/22/2012 1:57 PM:

>>> The vast majority of people -- including our non-Republican elected
>>> officials -- are in favor of doing both.
>> REF: http://ntu.org/tax-basics/who-pays-income-taxes.html
>>
>> That's not hard to believe when one considers that the bottom 50% pay
>> little or nothing in federal taxes and the lowest 20% actually pay a
>> negative amount.
>
> Do you know why? Because their incomes -- if any -- place them below the
> poverty line.

It matters not to me nor should it to anyone. If they earn an income,
part of that income should go to paying into the government from which
largess they will be getting and, furthermore, if there is a family with
at least one able-bodied adult, that person ought to be working and
paying taxes on 40 hours of work per week before they can even think
about asking for any handouts from the government.

>> I'm for taxing both extremes more, the rich and the poor. It's important
>> for everyone to have some skin the the system otherwise, to paraphrase
>> Keats, "the center cannot hold"
>
> The governor of NJ came to the soup kitchen a couple of years ago, to be
> met by chants of "Where are the jobs?"

There are jobs out there, even in these times. Most are minimum wage+
service jobs but so what? People who know they have to earn a living
find ways to do better.

--
Sailfish - Netscape Champion
Rare Mozilla Stuff: https://www.projectit.com/

Re: Petition to investigate Chris Dodd and the MPAA for bribery.

Sailfish-2
My bloviated meandering follows what Frank graced us with on 1/22/2012
3:44 PM:

> On 1/22/2012 6:39 PM, Cy Burnot wrote:
>> Sailfish has written on 1/22/2012 2:58 PM:
>>> My bloviated meandering follows what Cy Burnot graced us with on
>>> 1/22/2012 11:34 AM:

>>> REF: http://ntu.org/tax-basics/who-pays-income-taxes.html
>>>
>>> That's not hard to believe when one considers that the bottom 50% pay
>>> little or nothing in federal taxes and the lowest 20% actually pay a
>>> negative amount.
>>
>> Do you know why? Because their incomes -- if any -- place them below the
>> poverty line.
>>
>>> I'm for taxing both extremes more, the rich and the poor. It's important
>>> for everyone to have some skin the the system otherwise, to paraphrase
>>> Keats, "the center cannot hold"
>>
>> The governor of NJ came to the soup kitchen a couple of years ago, to be
>> met by chants of "Where are the jobs?"
>
> A couple of years ago, Corzine?
> He always looked to me like he belonged in a soup kitchen ;)

REF:
http://www.usatoday.com/money/industries/brokerage/story/2011-12-08/mf-global-corzine/51732752/1

Considering how many people he was culpable in swindling millions from
in MF Global, he really belong in prison.

--
Sailfish - Netscape Champion
Rare Mozilla Stuff: https://www.projectit.com/

Re: Petition to investigate Chris Dodd and the MPAA for bribery.

F1Com
On 1/22/2012 11:22 AM On a whim, Sailfish pounded out on the keyboard

> My bloviated meandering follows what WLS graced us with on 1/22/2012
> 8:27 AM:
>> [excerpt quote] Recently on FOX News former Senator Chris Dodd said (as
>> quoted on news site TechDirt), "Those who count on quote 'Hollywood' for
>> support need to understand that this industry is watching very carefully
>> who's going to stand up for them when their job is at stake. Don't ask
>> me to write a check for you when you think your job is at risk and then
>> don't pay any attention to me when my job is at stake," [/quote]
>>
>> More
>>
>> http://tinyurl.com/7j7kglq
>>
>> Register, sign the petition, have a voice in your government.
>>
> Okay, I logged in and added my vote to the petition but I'm a little
> nervous now.
>
> Shouldn't they have a, you know, "Logout" link thingie?

"You can check out any time you want, but you can NEVER leave..."

Terry

On 1/23/2012 1:10 PM, [hidden email] wrote:

> On 1/22/2012 11:22 AM On a whim, Sailfish pounded out on the keyboard
>
>> My bloviated meandering follows what WLS graced us with on 1/22/2012
>> 8:27 AM:
>>> [excerpt quote] Recently on FOX News former Senator Chris Dodd said (as
>>> quoted on news site TechDirt), "Those who count on quote 'Hollywood' for
>>> support need to understand that this industry is watching very carefully
>>> who's going to stand up for them when their job is at stake. Don't ask
>>> me to write a check for you when you think your job is at risk and then
>>> don't pay any attention to me when my job is at stake," [/quote]
>>>
>>> More
>>>
>>> http://tinyurl.com/7j7kglq
>>>
>>> Register, sign the petition, have a voice in your government.
>>>
>> Okay, I logged in and added my vote to the petition but I'm a little
>> nervous now.
>>
>> Shouldn't they have a, you know, "Logout" link thingie?
>>

> "You can check out any time you want, but you can NEVER leave..."
>

> Terry

They also drop a couple of cookies on you as most gov sites do.
As if they did not know enough about us.

Re: Petition to investigate Chris Dodd and the MPAA for bribery.

Sailfish-2
My bloviated meandering follows what [hidden email] graced us
with on 1/23/2012 10:10 AM:

> On 1/22/2012 11:22 AM On a whim, Sailfish pounded out on the keyboard
>
>> My bloviated meandering follows what WLS graced us with on 1/22/2012
>> 8:27 AM:
>>> [excerpt quote] Recently on FOX News former Senator Chris Dodd said (as
>>> quoted on news site TechDirt), "Those who count on quote 'Hollywood' for
>>> support need to understand that this industry is watching very carefully
>>> who's going to stand up for them when their job is at stake. Don't ask
>>> me to write a check for you when you think your job is at risk and then
>>> don't pay any attention to me when my job is at stake," [/quote]
>>>
>>> More
>>>
>>> http://tinyurl.com/7j7kglq
>>>
>>> Register, sign the petition, have a voice in your government.
>>>
>> Okay, I logged in and added my vote to the petition but I'm a little
>> nervous now.
>>
>> Shouldn't they have a, you know, "Logout" link thingie?
>>

> "You can check out any time you want, but you can NEVER leave..."

Thanks for confirming my worst fears but I thought that was Hotel
California not Whitehouse Inn? :)

--
Sailfish - Netscape Champion
Rare Mozilla Stuff: https://www.projectit.com/

Re: Petition to investigate Chris Dodd and the MPAA for bribery.

Cy Burnot
Frank has written on 1/22/2012 7:55 PM:

> On 1/22/2012 7:48 PM, Cy Burnot wrote:
>> Frank has written on 1/22/2012 6:44 PM:

>>> A couple of years ago, Corzine? He always looked to me like he belonged in a soup kitchen ;)
>>
>> Are you deliberately missing the point?
>
> No, being facetious, Libs hate that ;)

Oh, was that what you were trying to do? I think you need practice.

Typical right-wing "it was said" with no references. <sigh> :-)

> On original point, Lib politicians seem to have the edge on corruption.

Ah, but then there's Newt!!! And don't forget that Democrat pols need
the money more than the 1% Republicans, who as members of the party of
family values seem to have a little problem with morals.

Re: Petition to investigate Chris Dodd and the MPAA for bribery.

Cy Burnot
Sailfish has written on 1/22/2012 9:58 PM:

> My bloviated meandering follows what Frank graced us with on 1/22/2012
> 3:44 PM:
>> On 1/22/2012 6:39 PM, Cy Burnot wrote:
>>> Sailfish has written on 1/22/2012 2:58 PM:

>>> Do you know why? Because their incomes -- if any -- place them below the
>>> poverty line.

>>> The governor of NJ came to the soup kitchen a couple of years ago, to be
>>> met by chants of "Where are the jobs?"
>>
>> A couple of years ago, Corzine?
>> He always looked to me like he belonged in a soup kitchen ;)
>
> REF:
> http://www.usatoday.com/money/industries/brokerage/story/2011-12-08/mf-global-corzine/51732752/1

You think he's so broke that he should become a soup kitchen patron?

> Considering how many people he was culpable in swindling millions from in MF Global, he really belong in prison.

I don't think it's reasonable to say he swindled them unless it can be
shown that he profited from their loss. It was at the very least an
investing error of the highest order!

Re: Petition to investigate Chris Dodd and the MPAA for bribery.

Sailfish-2
My bloviated meandering follows what Cy Burnot graced us with on
1/23/2012 11:30 AM:
> Sailfish has written on 1/22/2012 9:58 PM:
>> My bloviated meandering follows what Frank graced us with on 1/22/2012
>> 3:44 PM:

[snip /]

>>> A couple of years ago, Corzine?
>>> He always looked to me like he belonged in a soup kitchen ;)
>> REF:
>> http://www.usatoday.com/money/industries/brokerage/story/2011-12-08/mf-global-corzine/51732752/1
>
> You think he's so broke that he should become a soup kitchen patron?

No, I think he's so evil he should become a prison inmate.

>> Considering how many people he was culpable in swindling millions from in MF Global, he really belong in prison.
>
> I don't think it's reasonable to say he swindled them unless it can be
> shown that he profited from their loss. It was at the very least an
> investing error of the highest order!

Whatever, tell that to all the people who lost everything. He's another
Enron-type Ken Lay as far as I'm concerned with the added taint of being
a Goldman Sachs acolyte and deserves nothing but disdain.

--
Sailfish - Netscape Champion
Rare Mozilla Stuff: https://www.projectit.com/

Re: Petition to investigate Chris Dodd and the MPAA for bribery.

Cy Burnot
Sailfish has written on 1/23/2012 2:57 PM:
> My bloviated meandering follows what Cy Burnot graced us with on
> 1/23/2012 11:30 AM:

>> You think he's so broke that he should become a soup kitchen patron?
>>
> No, I think he's so evil he should become a prison inmate.

What do prison inmates have to do withe soup kitchens. Oh, wait...I
know. You think that all soup kitchen patrons has been in prison, right?

>>> Considering how many people he was culpable in swindling millions from in MF Global, he really belong in prison.
>>
>> I don't think it's reasonable to say he swindled them unless it can be
>> shown that he profited from their loss. It was at the very least an
>> investing error of the highest order!
>>
> Whatever, tell that to all the people who lost everything. He's another
> Enron-type Ken Lay as far as I'm concerned with the added taint of being
> a Goldman Sachs acolyte and deserves nothing but disdain.

And perhaps prison like the mortgaged-backed securities guys!

Re: Petition to investigate Chris Dodd and the MPAA for bribery.

Sailfish-2
My bloviated meandering follows what Cy Burnot graced us with on
1/23/2012 12:04 PM:

> Sailfish has written on 1/23/2012 2:57 PM:
>> My bloviated meandering follows what Cy Burnot graced us with on
>> 1/23/2012 11:30 AM:
>
>>> You think he's so broke that he should become a soup kitchen patron?
>>>
>> No, I think he's so evil he should become a prison inmate.
>
> What do prison inmates have to do withe soup kitchens. Oh, wait...I
> know. You think that all soup kitchen patrons has been in prison, right?

You obviously have a reading comprehension problem, what part of "No"
didn't you understand?

>>> I don't think it's reasonable to say he swindled them unless it can be
>>> shown that he profited from their loss. It was at the very least an
>>> investing error of the highest order!
>>>
>> Whatever, tell that to all the people who lost everything. He's another
>> Enron-type Ken Lay as far as I'm concerned with the added taint of being
>> a Goldman Sachs acolyte and deserves nothing but disdain.
>
> And perhaps prison like the mortgaged-backed securities guys!

I have a high disdain for the bunch of them, including pols like
Frank&Dodd who used BS rhetoric to loosen the restraints on risky loan
making under the guise of "helping the poor own a home" and then pushing
for legislative to package the knowingly bad loans up into derivatives
that were then sold to unsuspecting 401K holders as valued investments.
I also have no affinity to pols like W who let the Enron big oil types
bilk Americans out of billions of dollars, all the while chumming up to
his Saudi oil friends. I have a special dark place in my heart for him
and Obama for bailing out the banks, investment firms and failed auto
companies who then reward themselves with many millions of dollars of
bonuses, &c.

--
Sailfish - Netscape Champion
Rare Mozilla Stuff: https://www.projectit.com/

Re: Petition to investigate Chris Dodd and the MPAA for bribery.

The Real Bev
THANK YOU for saving me the trouble. It's a really beautiful BIG place,
and I'd like to take a tour some day.

On 01/22/2012 11:37 AM, Sailfish wrote:

> My bloviated meandering follows what Cy Burnot graced us with on
> 1/22/2012 11:32 AM:
>>  The Real Bev has written on 1/22/2012 1:25 PM:
>>>  A number of years back the vow-of-poverty monks and nuns at a local
>>>  Buddhist temple were being reimbursed for the checks they wrote for the
>>>  Dem candidate's campaign.
>>
>>  Proof???
>
> REF: http://www.time.com/time/magazine/article/0,9171,134858,00.html
>
> [excerpt quote="
> The Chinese Daily News reported that Vice President Al Gore attended an
> April luncheon and fund raiser at a Buddhist temple in Hacienda Heights,
> California, an event that offered the unusual (and highly improper)
> spectacle of a tax-exempt religious institution appearing to endorse a
> political party. After the lunch, a group of Asian businessmen
> reportedly donated $140,000 to the D.N.C. Several contributions were
> given in the names of monks and nuns, despite their vow of poverty. The
> setup was apparently designed to ensure that the foreign donors' names
> would not appear on D.N.C. lists. A woman named Man Ya Shih, who is
> connected with a branch of the temple in Texas, told reporters that she
> was approached at the fund raiser by a "Democratic activist" who gave
> her $5,000 in small bills and asked her to write a check for that amount
> to the D.N.C. Last week the committee offered to reimburse the temple
> $15,000 for holding the fund raiser. But the party said it intended to
> keep the $140,000.
> " /]
>
> prolly this?

Yup!  OTOH, a Time story isn't really actual proof...

--
Cheers, Bev

Re: Petition to investigate Chris Dodd and the MPAA for bribery.

Sailfish-2
1/23/2012 1:33 PM:

> THANK YOU for saving me the trouble. It's a really beautiful BIG place,
> and I'd like to take a tour some day.
>
> On 01/22/2012 11:37 AM, Sailfish wrote:
>
>> My bloviated meandering follows what Cy Burnot graced us with on
>> 1/22/2012 11:32 AM:
>>>  The Real Bev has written on 1/22/2012 1:25 PM:
>>>
>>>  Proof???
>>
>> REF: http://www.time.com/time/magazine/article/0,9171,134858,00.html
>>
>> [excerpt quote="
>> The Chinese Daily News reported that Vice President Al Gore attended an
>> April luncheon and fund raiser at a Buddhist temple in Hacienda Heights,
>> California, an event that offered the unusual (and highly improper)
>> spectacle of a tax-exempt religious institution appearing to endorse a
>> political party. After the lunch, a group of Asian businessmen
>> reportedly donated $140,000 to the D.N.C. Several contributions were
>> given in the names of monks and nuns, despite their vow of poverty. The
>> setup was apparently designed to ensure that the foreign donors' names
>> would not appear on D.N.C. lists. A woman named Man Ya Shih, who is
>> connected with a branch of the temple in Texas, told reporters that she
>> was approached at the fund raiser by a "Democratic activist" who gave
>> her $5,000 in small bills and asked her to write a check for that amount
>> to the D.N.C. Last week the committee offered to reimburse the temple
>> $15,000 for holding the fund raiser. But the party said it intended to
>> keep the $140,000.
>> " /]
>>
>> prolly this?
>
> Yup!  OTOH, a Time story isn't really actual proof...

heh, true that :)

--
Sailfish - Netscape Champion
Rare Mozilla Stuff: https://www.projectit.com/

Re: Petition to investigate Chris Dodd and the MPAA for bribery.

The Real Bev
Sorry for top-posting, I just wanted to make it convenient for readers
without snipping everything you wrote.

Is a senate hearing good enough?

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/politics/special/campfin/stories/cf090597.htm

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/politics/special/campfin/stories/cf090497.htm

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1996_United_States_campaign_finance_controversy

etc....

--
Cheers, Bev

On 01/22/2012 09:57 AM, The Real Bev wrote:

> On 01/22/2012 08:43 AM, Melchert Fruitema wrote:
>
>>  On 22-01-2012 17:27 CET, WLS composed this enchanting statement:
>>>
>>>   <URL http://tinyurl.com/7j7kglq>
>>>   Register, sign the petition, have a voice in your government.
>>>
>>  Thanks, but which petition will give me a voice in my gov? ;-)
>
> Do you remember the Big Block of Cheese on West Wing?
>
> Is it cynical to believe that the White House has set up this site to
> deflect troublemakers to a place that provides the illusion of
> participation and where their petitions can be shitcanned invisibly?
>
> Not to mention taking names...

Mailinator is your friend.  The fact that they allow a mailinator
authentication address is itself suspicious.

--
Cheers, Bev

On 01/23/2012 11:27 AM, Cy Burnot wrote:

> Frank has written on 1/22/2012 7:55 PM:
>>
>>  On original point, Lib politicians seem to have the edge on corruption.
>
> Ah, but then there's Newt!!! And don't forget that Democrat pols need
> the money more than the 1% Republicans, who as members of the party of
> family values seem to have a little problem with morals.

I'm pretty sure that acting on the urge to screw someone other than a
lawful spouse (or spouses) is independent of race, color, creed,
ethnicity, citizenship, religion, political party, sexual orientation or
foot size.

--
Cheers, Bev

Re: Petition to investigate Chris Dodd and the MPAA for bribery.

Cy Burnot
Sailfish has written on 1/23/2012 3:33 PM:

> My bloviated meandering follows what Cy Burnot graced us with on
> 1/23/2012 12:04 PM:
>> Sailfish has written on 1/23/2012 2:57 PM:
>>> My bloviated meandering follows what Cy Burnot graced us with on
>>> 1/23/2012 11:30 AM:

>>> No, I think he's so evil he should become a prison inmate.
>>
>> What do prison inmates have to do withe soup kitchens. Oh, wait...I
>> know. You think that all soup kitchen patrons has been in prison, right?
>>
> You obviously have a reading comprehension problem, what part of "No"
> didn't you understand?

OK. Why should be be at a soup kitchen?

>> And perhaps prison like the mortgaged-backed securities guys!
>
> I have a high disdain for the bunch of them, including pols like
> Frank&Dodd who used BS rhetoric to loosen the restraints on risky loan
> making under the guise of "helping the poor own a home" and then pushing
> for legislative to package the knowingly bad loans up into derivatives
> that were then sold to unsuspecting 401K holders as valued investments.
> I also have no affinity to pols like W who let the Enron big oil types
> bilk Americans out of billions of dollars, all the while chumming up to
> his Saudi oil friends.

OK, so far. :-)

> I have a special dark place in my heart for him
> and Obama for bailing out the banks, investment firms and failed auto
> companies who then reward themselves with many millions of dollars of
> bonuses, &c.

It was W who gave out money with no strings. You may not have noticed
but US auto companies have bounced back, and repaid the loans. Since the
gov owned stock in those companies, we, the people, made a few bucks.

Ah, banks. What would have happened had they been allowed to fail?

Investment firms? The top execs should in jail.

Re: Petition to investigate Chris Dodd and the MPAA for bribery.

Cy Burnot
The Real Bev has written on 1/23/2012 5:08 PM:

> On 01/23/2012 11:27 AM, Cy Burnot wrote:
>
>> Frank has written on 1/22/2012 7:55 PM:
>>>
>>>  On original point, Lib politicians seem to have the edge on corruption.
>>
>> Ah, but then there's Newt!!! And don't forget that Democrat pols need
>> the money more than the 1% Republicans, who as members of the party of
>> family values seem to have a little problem with morals.
>
> I'm pretty sure that acting on the urge to screw someone other than a
> lawful spouse (or spouses) is independent of race, color, creed,
> ethnicity, citizenship, religion, political party, sexual orientation or
> foot size.

But only matters if it's grossly hypocritical!

Re: Petition to investigate Chris Dodd and the MPAA for bribery.

Sailfish-2
My bloviated meandering follows what Cy Burnot graced us with on
1/23/2012 2:19 PM:

> Sailfish has written on 1/23/2012 3:33 PM:
>> My bloviated meandering follows what Cy Burnot graced us with on
>> 1/23/2012 12:04 PM:
>>> Sailfish has written on 1/23/2012 2:57 PM:

>>> What do prison inmates have to do withe soup kitchens. Oh, wait...I
>>> know. You think that all soup kitchen patrons has been in prison, right?
>>>
>> You obviously have a reading comprehension problem, what part of "No"
>> didn't you understand?
>
> OK. Why should be be at a soup kitchen?

Again, he doesn't. He needs to be in prison.

>>> And perhaps prison like the mortgaged-backed securities guys!
>> I have a high disdain for the bunch of them, including pols like
>> Frank&Dodd who used BS rhetoric to loosen the restraints on risky loan
>> making under the guise of "helping the poor own a home" and then pushing
>> for legislative to package the knowingly bad loans up into derivatives
>> that were then sold to unsuspecting 401K holders as valued investments.
>> I also have no affinity to pols like W who let the Enron big oil types
>> bilk Americans out of billions of dollars, all the while chumming up to
>> his Saudi oil friends.
>
> OK, so far. :-)
>
>> I have a special dark place in my heart for him
>> and Obama for bailing out the banks, investment firms and failed auto
>> companies who then reward themselves with many millions of dollars of
>> bonuses, &c.
>
> It was W who gave out money with no strings. You may not have noticed
> but US auto companies have bounced back, and repaid the loans. Since the
> gov owned stock in those companies, we, the people, made a few bucks.

Sure, W and his Goldman-Sachs stooge Paulson started it but Obama never
rose above the stink and, in fact, continued to wallow in with his
Goldman-Sachs stooge, Geithner, see http://tinyurl.com/7mubhn6 and
http://tinyurl.com/6wt3pmv . Also, it's not like liberals don't agree,
see this starting at the 1:00 minute mark.

Honestly, would you stop acting like Kos-kid tool who uses their bogus
talking points and do some earnest research of your own? That was
another lie spouted by the administration, see
http://www.mlive.com/auto/index.ssf/2010/04/forbes_columnist_dont_get_too.html
to justify their corporatist ways. When the final accounting is made,
the American public will lose tens of billions of dollars propping up
two failed auto companies that should have gone into receivership.

> Ah, banks. What would have happened had they been allowed to fail?

Only the rich would have been affected. The rest are already
FDIC-insured for up $200K. I would have thought that would be something
that would appeal to you?

> Investment firms? The top execs should in jail.

Them, corrupt pols like Franks/Dodd, the whole lot of them.