People, quit bitching....

EnDeeGee

... and dump Firefox. You will live longer. :-)

Lost of good and better browsers out there.

Re: People, quit bitching....

😉 Good Guy 😉
On 04/05/2019 20:09, EnDeeGee wrote:

> ... and dump Firefox. You will live longer. :-)
>
> Lost of good and better browsers out there.

*Edge is a good replacement IMO. It is from a company that has pedigree!!*

--
With over 950 million devices now running Windows 10, customer

Re: People, quit bitching....

WaltS48-9
On 5/4/19 3:09 PM, EnDeeGee wrote:

> ... and dump Firefox. You will live longer. :-)
>
> Lost of good and better browsers out there.

Not bitching here. I didn't notice any problem with extensions not
working in my Firefox Nightly 68.0a1.

The about:studies fixes were already applied.

Maybe I just didn't notice or use that many that I would notice.

Here is the list.

Name Version Enabled ID

CSS Exfil Protection 1.0.12 true {7fc8ef53-24ec-4205-87a4-1e745953bb0d}
Dark Reader 4.7.12 true [hidden email]
Firefox Multi-Account Containers 6.1.0 true @testpilot-containers
hotfix-update-xpi-intermediate 1.0.2 true
[hidden email]
Nightly Tester Tools 4.0 true {8620c15f-30dc-4dba-a131-7c5d20cf4a29}
NJS 0.9.5 true {3a1422fb-6d3a-491a-a3b8-5bc7508cdc29}
Privacy Badger 2019.2.19 true jid1-MnnxcxisBPnSXQ@jetpack
uBlock Origin 1.18.16 true [hidden email]

YMMV

--
OS: Linux Mint 19.1 - Cinnamon Desktop

Re: People, quit bitching....

Wolf K.
On 2019-05-04 17:44, WaltS48 wrote:

> On 5/4/19 3:09 PM, EnDeeGee wrote:
>>
>> ... and dump Firefox. You will live longer. :-)
>>
>> Lost of good and better browsers out there.
>
> Not bitching here. I didn't notice any problem with extensions not
> working in my Firefox Nightly 68.0a1.
>
> The about:studies fixes were already applied.
[...]

OK, now kindly tell me how to pout the tabs back where they belong,m
below the title and toolbars.

Wolf K
kirkwood40.blogspot.com
You are who you intend to be. (Kurt Vonnegut)

Re: People, quit bitching....

WaltS48-9
On 5/5/19 6:09 PM, Wolf K wrote:

> On 2019-05-04 17:44, WaltS48 wrote:
>> On 5/4/19 3:09 PM, EnDeeGee wrote:
>>>
>>> ... and dump Firefox. You will live longer. :-)
>>>
>>> Lost of good and better browsers out there.
>>
>> Not bitching here. I didn't notice any problem with extensions not
>> working in my Firefox Nightly 68.0a1.
>>
>> The about:studies fixes were already applied.
> [...]
>
> OK, now kindly tell me how to pout the tabs back where they belong,m
> below the title and toolbars.
>
> Thanks,

They belong right where they are in the Title Bar so I can't be of any
help there

On 2019-05-05 20:31, WaltS48 wrote:

> On 5/5/19 6:09 PM, Wolf K wrote:

>>> Not bitching here. I didn't notice any problem with extensions not
>>> working in my Firefox Nightly 68.0a1.
>>>
>>> The about:studies fixes were already applied.
>> [...]
>>
>> OK, now kindly tell me how to pout the tabs back where they belong,m
>> below the title and toolbars.
>>
>> Thanks,
>>

> They belong right where they are in the Title Bar so I can't be of any
> help there

Nope, they belong where you want them, and they belong where I want
them. If we want them in different places, that's OK.

What's _not_ OK is that FF dictates where they will be.

So if anyone else can guide me to a solution, thanks very much. There
was a thread about this, but I didn't store the relevant posts. More
fool me....

PS: I vaguely recall some waffle about "user metrics" indicating that
tabs (or other user controls) at the top of the screen are "more
efficient" than elsewhere. Mebbe so, but the ergonomic numbers I saw
when I looked for some a few years ago indicated that the efficiencies
were on the order of microseconds. IOW utterly pointless. The same
metrics show that a Dvorak keyboard layout is more efficient - for
English only.

Best,

--
Wolf K
kirkwood40.blogspot.com
You are who you intend to be. (Kurt Vonnegut)

Re: People, quit bitching....

PietB-2
WaltS48 wrote:
> Wolf K wrote:
>> OK, now kindly tell me how to pout the tabs back where
>> they belong, below the title and toolbars.
>
> They belong right where they are in the Title Bar

Pray tell which law states so.

-p

Re: People, quit bitching....

WaltS48-9
On 5/5/19 9:17 PM, PietB wrote:

> WaltS48 wrote:
>> Wolf K wrote:
>>> OK, now kindly tell me how to pout the tabs back where
>>> they belong, below the title and toolbars.
>>
>> They belong right where they are in the Title Bar
>
> Pray tell which law states so.
>
> -p

WaltS48s law about tabs, Section 123, Article 321, Paragraph 987.

Actually I prefer seeing the Title and Menu bars in Firefox and Thunderbird.

YMMV

On 2019-05-06 16:51, WaltS48 wrote:

> On 5/5/19 9:17 PM, PietB wrote:
>> WaltS48 wrote:
>>>
>>> They belong right where they are in the Title Bar
>>
>> Pray tell which law states so.
>>
>> -p
>>

> WaltS48s law about tabs, Section 123, Article 321, Paragraph 987.
>
> Actually I prefer seeing the Title and Menu bars in Firefox and
> Thunderbird.
>
> YMMV

If you hide the toolbars it makes eminent sense to put the tabs in the
title bar.

If toolbars are shown, the tabs should be at the top of the display
window, not at the top of the program window.

Which implies that if I choose to hide the toolbars, the tabs should
migrate to the title bar by default. And if I choose to show one or more
toolbars, the tabs should migrate below them by default.

Why? Because the tabs should be next to the page display, is why.

And that would be very cool.

But since people vary, all elements in the display should be variable, too.

Best,

--
Wolf K
kirkwood40.blogspot.com
You are who you intend to be. (Kurt Vonnegut)

Re: People, quit bitching....

David E. Ross-3
On 5/6/2019 4:07 PM, Wolf K wrote:

> On 2019-05-06 16:51, WaltS48 wrote:

>>> Pray tell which law states so.
>>>
>>> -p
>>>

>> WaltS48s law about tabs, Section 123, Article 321, Paragraph 987.
>>
>> Actually I prefer seeing the Title and Menu bars in Firefox and
>> Thunderbird.
>>
>> YMMV
>
> If you hide the toolbars it makes eminent sense to put the tabs in the
> title bar.
>
> If toolbars are shown, the tabs should be at the top of the display
> window, not at the top of the program window.
>
> Which implies that if I choose to hide the toolbars, the tabs should
> migrate to the title bar by default. And if I choose to show one or more
> toolbars, the tabs should migrate below them by default.
>
> Why? Because the tabs should be next to the page display, is why.
>
> And that would be very cool.
>
> But since people vary, all elements in the display should be variable, too.
>
> Best,

I agree (I think).

Menu and tool bars apply to the current instance of the application.  If
there is more than one tab, the menu and tool bars universally apply to
all the tabs.  The user interface should the hierarchical, with the bars
that are universal above the bars that are not.

Thus, I have the Rise of the Tools extension in Thunderbird.  Of course,
that means I am not updating beyond Thunderbird version 52.9.1.  I am
also using SeaMonkey as my browser since it places its bars in the
proper order.

--
David E. Ross
<http://www.rossde.com/>

President Trump claims he is the most open and transparent
President ever.  Then why does he refuse to disclose his tax
returns, financial statements, and visitor schedule the way
previous Presidents did?

Re: People, quit bitching....

tanstaafl-2
On 5/6/2019, 8:04:31 PM, David E. Ross <[hidden email]> wrote:
> President Trump claims he is the most open and transparent
> President ever.  Then why does he refuse to disclose his tax
> returns, financial statements, and visitor schedule the way
> previous Presidents did?

As for the first two, those are personal items that are irrelevant to
running a transparent presidency. What matters is what the President
does while in office.

As for the last - are you talking about the White House Visitor logs?

Obama initially continued the Bush and prior Presidential policies of
*not* releasing these to the public, so, no, not all prior Presidents
released these. But, after being faced with 4 separate lawsuits, Obama
relented, and publicly posted them. But ... just what makes you think
even those are factually complete?

White House Visitor logs have have never historically been publicly
available, but when they were, they were subject to redaction and even
outright omission.

But, when it comes to actual transparency when it matters...

What do you call choosing not to invoke Executive Privilege for
*anything* with respect to the Mueller Report?

So, yeah, people, quit bitching and just admit it... Trump Rocks!

Re: People, quit bitching....

On 5/7/19 6:02 AM, Tanstaafl wrote:

> On 5/6/2019, 8:04:31 PM, David E. Ross <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> President Trump claims he is the most open and transparent
>> President ever.  Then why does he refuse to disclose his tax
>> returns, financial statements, and visitor schedule the way
>> previous Presidents did?
>
> As for the first two, those are personal items that are irrelevant to
> running a transparent presidency. What matters is what the President
> does while in office.
>
> As for the last - are you talking about the White House Visitor logs?
>
> Obama initially continued the Bush and prior Presidential policies of
> *not* releasing these to the public, so, no, not all prior Presidents
> released these. But, after being faced with 4 separate lawsuits, Obama
> relented, and publicly posted them. But ... just what makes you think
> even those are factually complete?
>
> White House Visitor logs have have never historically been publicly
> available, but when they were, they were subject to redaction and even
> outright omission.
>
> But, when it comes to actual transparency when it matters...
>
> What do you call choosing not to invoke Executive Privilege for
> *anything* with respect to the Mueller Report?
>
> So, yeah, people, quit bitching and just admit it... Trump Rocks!

Worst bunch of sore losers in my memory