Passwords not being sent via email

Tom Gissel
Hi,

I just installed bugzilla and am having a problem where the the passwords
for newly create accounts is not being sent to the supplied email address.
Any ideas regarding how to debug this?

Thanks,
Tom

Re: Passwords not being sent via email

Tom Gissel
Tom Gissel wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I just installed bugzilla and am having a problem where the the passwords
> for newly create accounts is not being sent to the supplied email address.
> Any ideas regarding how to debug this?
>
> Thanks,
> Tom

Just to clarify, mail is working via the mail command.  This is a Linux box
sendmail-8.12.11-4.RHEL3.1

Re: Passwords not being sent via email

Max Kanat-Alexander
On Tue, 2005-06-14 at 21:41 -0400, Tom Gissel wrote:
> > I just installed bugzilla and am having a problem where the the passwords
> > for newly create accounts is not being sent to the supplied email address.
> > Any ideas regarding how to debug this?

        Check out the Apache error_log. On RHEL, it's /var/log/httpd/error_log
-- see what it says when Bugzilla tries to send an email.

        You might have to do:

        ln -s /usr/sbin/sendmail /usr/lib/sendmail

        -Max
--
http://www.everythingsolved.com/
Everything Solved: Experts at Bugzilla... and everything else, too.