Opt-in for RC1

Mic-10
Hey everyone

Please officially opt-in in this thread and include your test results
like we described in the April 3 post on "opting in to RC1 - new
testing requirements".

for those of you who have already done this in the previous thread,
would you mind putting the same information here too please.

Thanks!
mic

PS tr - i got your note and will run your litmus test and report for
you :)

Re: Opt-in for RC1

Erdal Ronahi
Kurdish (ku) opts in for RC1.

We have run the Litmus test on Windows. Some minor issues were found, we
fixed the found issues. The remaining untranslated strings are hardly
visible.

There are remaining issues with the search engines which Mic and Pike are
aware of.

Erdal

On Mon, Apr 7, 2008 at 9:45 PM, Mic <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hey everyone
>
> Please officially opt-in in this thread and include your test results
> like we described in the April 3 post on "opting in to RC1 - new
> testing requirements".
>
> for those of you who have already done this in the previous thread,
> would you mind putting the same information here too please.
>
> Thanks!
> mic
>
> PS tr - i got your note and will run your litmus test and report for
> you :)

Re: Opt-in for RC1

Damjan Georgievski
> Please officially opt-in in this thread and include your test results
> like we described in the April 3 post on "opting in to RC1 - new
> testing requirements".

whats the deadline for this?
based on my tests mk is ready, but I don't have the time right noe to do the
litmus tests.

--
damjan

Re: Opt-in for RC1

Ville Pohjanheimo

Finnish (fi) opting in for RC1.

Litmus test completed successfully  for Linux, Windows XP/Vista.

Untranslated strings ok (generic, same as en-us, low visibility), no
known problems.

-ville/mozilla.fi

Re: Opt-in for RC1

Håvard Mork-2
nb-NO and nn-NO opts in for RC1.

*Litmus tests*
Litmus tests run for Windows XP for nb-NO and nn-NO.
No problems found, except for two indeterminate tests (start page on
trunk build, and help window).

*Community test*
Little community testing on the forums for nb-NO, but we are aware of a
small number of people who complain when we make bad translations. The
low activity/feedback level on nb-NO is slightly worrysome.

The nn-NO translators mostly consist of two core translators, and a
group of ~10 following the project closely.

We are monitoring http://forum.firefox.no/ for feedback, and user
support inquiries.

*Untranslated strings*
We've studied the output of Axel's script, and fixed ~2 untranslated
strings for nb-NO, and ~6 for nn-NO.
The JS error messages are intentionally untranslated for nb-NO.

Re: Opt-in for RC1

Filip Miletic-4
sr is opting in for RC1
LITMUS:
https://litmus.mozilla.org/search_results.cgi?order_by_created=&order_by_testcase_id=&order_by_product=&order_by_platform=&order_by_branch=&order_by_locale=&timespan=&summary=&product=&platform=&branch=&locale=sr&limit=100

community forums:
http://www.vokabular.org/forum/index.php?board=28.0

Untranslated strings:
Most of them are the strings which can be untranslated.

Further assistance appreciated.

Re: Opt-in for RC1

Alexandru Szasz
Romanian (ro) is opting in for RC1.

The litmus tests ran on Windows XP, Linux and Windows Vista, but I
couldn't run the help window test since the online help doesn't seem
to work just yet.

The untranslated strings are either the same in Romanian or they
describe security/internet terms.

We don't have a forum just yet, just the old mozilla-ro group on
google: http://groups.google.com/mozilla-ro

--
Alexandru Szasz

Re: Opt-in for RC1

Axel Hecht
Do you have any resources to do testing on linux and Mac?

Axel

Erdal Ronahi wrote:

> Kurdish (ku) opts in for RC1.
>
> We have run the Litmus test on Windows. Some minor issues were found, we
> fixed the found issues. The remaining untranslated strings are hardly
> visible.
>
> There are remaining issues with the search engines which Mic and Pike are
> aware of.
>
> Erdal
>
> On Mon, Apr 7, 2008 at 9:45 PM, Mic <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Hey everyone
>>
>> Please officially opt-in in this thread and include your test results
>> like we described in the April 3 post on "opting in to RC1 - new
>> testing requirements".
>>
>> for those of you who have already done this in the previous thread,
>> would you mind putting the same information here too please.
>>
>> Thanks!
>> mic
>>
>> PS tr - i got your note and will run your litmus test and report for
>> you :)

Re: Opt-in for RC1

Axel Hecht
Ville Pohjanheimo wrote:

> Finnish (fi) opting in for RC1.
>
> Litmus test completed successfully  for Linux, Windows XP/Vista.
>
> Untranslated strings ok (generic, same as en-us, low visibility), no
> known problems.
>
> -ville/mozilla.fi

Do you have any help for Mac? Can we call out to someone?

Axel

Re: Opt-in for RC1

Axel Hecht
Håvard Mork wrote:

> nb-NO and nn-NO opts in for RC1.
>
> *Litmus tests*
> Litmus tests run for Windows XP for nb-NO and nn-NO.
> No problems found, except for two indeterminate tests (start page on
> trunk build, and help window).
>
> *Community test*
> Little community testing on the forums for nb-NO, but we are aware of a
> small number of people who complain when we make bad translations. The
> low activity/feedback level on nb-NO is slightly worrysome.
>
> The nn-NO translators mostly consist of two core translators, and a
> group of ~10 following the project closely.
>
> We are monitoring http://forum.firefox.no/ for feedback, and user
> support inquiries.
>
> *Untranslated strings*
> We've studied the output of Axel's script, and fixed ~2 untranslated
> strings for nb-NO, and ~6 for nn-NO.
> The JS error messages are intentionally untranslated for nb-NO.

What testing coverage to you have for Mac and Linux? In particular for
the platform dependent stuff like dialog sizes?

Axel

Re: Opt-in for RC1

Cédric Corazza

Re: Opt-in for RC1

dynamis-2
Hi Mic and all

Japanese (ja/ja-JP-mac) is still polishing/testing and is not finished it
of course we will be in time and opt-in this time too.

I'll post about our test results again.
# I'll continue polishing our translation as long as we can and maybe
# I'll post it just before the deadline.

Thanks.

On Mon, 7 Apr 2008 12:45:55 -0700 (PDT)
Mic <[hidden email]> wrote

> Hey everyone
>
> Please officially opt-in in this thread and include your test results
> like we described in the April 3 post on "opting in to RC1 - new
> testing requirements".
>
> for those of you who have already done this in the previous thread,
> would you mind putting the same information here too please.
>
> Thanks!
> mic
>
> PS tr - i got your note and will run your litmus test and report for
> you :)

 - dynamis (Manager, L10N Center)

Mozilla Japan     : http://www.mozilla-japan.org/
  L10N Center     : http://www.mozilla-japan.org/jp/l10n/
  Translation Div : http://www.mozilla-japan.org/jp/td/

Re: Opt-in for RC1

Ville Pohjanheimo
08/04/08 02:03, Axel Hecht kirjoitti:

> Ville Pohjanheimo wrote:
>>
>> Finnish (fi) opting in for RC1.
>>
>> Litmus test completed successfully  for Linux, Windows XP/Vista.
>>
>> Untranslated strings ok (generic, same as en-us, low visibility), no
>> known problems.
>>
>> -ville/mozilla.fi
>
> Do you have any help for Mac? Can we call out to someone?
>
> Axel

I'd appreciate any help with testing on Mac OSX. We have no OSX user
contacts :|.

-ville/mozilla.fi

Re: Opt-in for RC1

flod
Italian opts-in for RC1.

*Litmus tests*
Litmus tests (I run personally tests for Mac OS X, Linux and Windows
Vista).
http://tinyurl.com/4eu565

Also: since beta2 I've been using nightly versions on Mac OS X and
Windows (both Vista and Windows XP) for everyday web browsing, and the
person who's updating Italian version of SUMO has been using nightly
builds on Linux in the last weeks.

*Community test*
Since Firefox 3.0b2 we've been using our forum to test, fix and improve
Italian localization
http://forum.mozillaitalia.org/index.php?topic=30515.0

*Untranslated strings*
I checked the untranslated strings and I've localized a couple of
strings in the installer; all remaining strings are correct (Italian
word is the same of the English one).

Francesco.

Re: Opt-in for RC1

wladow-2
*sk opts in*
Here is what I can say about it:

* buildbot and tindexbox are green
* no unapproved changes to searchplugins, bookmarks.html or
region.properties
* all sk release blockers resolved
* litmus test coverage for Windows Vista, Windows XP, Ubuntu 7.10, Mac
OS X 10.5 (all-green) see http://tinyurl.com/6emowu

* daily usage on Windows since M8 nightlies
* daily usage on Linux since M9 nightlies
* regular tests (at least) before betas releases on Mac (Mac is really
minor OS in Slovakia, 0,5% according to our community site statistics)
* every single beta in sk too

*community testing*
* forum dedicated for l10n bugs reporting -
http://forum.mozilla.sk/viewforum.php?f=8
* general purpose forum for Firefox -
http://forum.mozilla.sk/viewforum.php?f=4
* feedback mostly directly via email and IM

*unchanged strings*
* we are now at 92% - it's the maximum I would say
* according to dashboard/unchanged.html untranslated strings are mostly
language names and region names - they are either the same in sk or
nobody in Slovakia even heart of them (sorry guys speaking f.e. Cree,
really don't know how to say it in Slovak, even Google and Wikipedia
don't know)
* strings in other files are mostly not "strings", but variables,
placeholders, windows widths, product names, key names etc.

*required boxes tests*
 > help box for updates
   ...done
 > SUMO integration, from preferences, too
   ...done
 > Add-ons manager, suggested add-ons should work
   ...done

*another tests*
* localization completely checked for spelling errors with spellcheck
corrector
* localization completely reviewed by professional reviewer
* files checked with Locale Inspector for accesskey, commandkey and
placeholder issues
* latest nightly builds tested with Coverage ext. for accesskey conflicts
* made neterror pages tests with Coverage ext.

*in-product pages*
* we are at QA stage right now

Anything I forgot to say? If not, let's roll ;)

--

wladow

Re: Opt-in for RC1

Kostas Papadimas-3
* Greek (el) opts in (linux -windows OK)  (but no tests on Mac - any
help welcome)
* in product pages under QA and update

Kostas

Re: Opt-in for RC1

Filip Miletic-4
Axel Hecht schreef:
> Do you have any resources to do testing on linux and Mac?
sr has no reliable win and mac testers. :(

Re: Opt-in for RC1

Mad Maks
Mic schreef:

> Hey everyone
>
> Please officially opt-in in this thread and include your test results
> like we described in the April 3 post on "opting in to RC1 - new
> testing requirements".
>
> for those of you who have already done this in the previous thread,
> would you mind putting the same information here too please.
>
> Thanks!
> mic
>
> PS tr - i got your note and will run your litmus test and report for
> you :)
nl is opting in for RC1

LITMUS:
https://litmus.mozilla.org/search_results.cgi?order_by_created=&order_by_testcase_id=&order_by_product=&order_by_platform=&order_by_branch=&order_by_locale=&timespan=&summary=&product=&platform=&branch=&locale=nl&limit=50

community forums:
http://www.mozbrowser.nl/forum/viewforum.php?f=2&sid=effb9a364e661e88dd4692c74ae60c58
http://www.mozbrowser.nl/forum/viewforum.php?f=12

Untranslated strings:
Most of them are the same in nl as in en-US

greeting,

Mad Maks

Re: Opt-in for RC1

Erdal Ronahi

On Tue, Apr 8, 2008 at 1:01 AM, Axel Hecht <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Do you have any resources to do testing on linux and Mac?

We'll try for Linux in Kurdish (ku), but for Mac we have no testers.

Erdal

Re: Opt-in for RC1

Siarhei-2
Please include Belarusian [be].

----------------

*Litmus tests*

I ran tests against Firefox 3.0pre (built at 2008/04/06) on Linux and Windows XP.
But I couldn't get the test results with litmus search. (May be, there is a Litmus bug).
Our locale is referenced as be-BY there.

All the test passed except the test of Default Start Page and First Run Startup.
The test requires official build but I tested nightly one.

*Community test*

We use forum to contact with our users:

http://forums.tut.by/showflat.php?Board=compsoft&Number=3541811

*Untranslated strings*

We have about 40 untranslated strings in pipnss.properties and nsserrors.properties.

Another strings are the same with English ones.