Only build the Gecko-dev html parser

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
8 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Only build the Gecko-dev html parser

peter279k
Hi everyone, as title, I want to use the C/C++ to research the Gecko-dev html parser.
Is it possible to build the Gecko-dev html parser?

https://github.com/mozilla/gecko-dev/tree/e9fa5c772abe4426c5e33ffe61c438f75f990aca/parser 

Thanks.
_______________________________________________
dev-tech-layout mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.mozilla.org/listinfo/dev-tech-layout
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Only build the Gecko-dev html parser

Jet Villegas-2
The Gecko C++ code for parsing HTML is actually generated from this HTML
parser:
https://about.validator.nu/htmlparser/

If you're looking to research a standalone parser, you're likely better off
inspecting the Java sources listed above. The C++ parser pulls in lots of
Gecko dependencies.

--Jet



On Thu, Jul 20, 2017 at 3:12 PM, <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi everyone, as title, I want to use the C/C++ to research the Gecko-dev
> html parser.
> Is it possible to build the Gecko-dev html parser?
>
> https://github.com/mozilla/gecko-dev/tree/e9fa5c772abe4426c5e33ffe61c438
> f75f990aca/parser
>
> Thanks.
> _______________________________________________
> dev-tech-layout mailing list
> [hidden email]
> https://lists.mozilla.org/listinfo/dev-tech-layout
>
_______________________________________________
dev-tech-layout mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.mozilla.org/listinfo/dev-tech-layout
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Only build the Gecko-dev html parser

peter279k
In reply to this post by peter279k
Hi Jet, thank you for your reply.
I ask this question because I want to calculate the execution time of processing html with Gecko.

I just use standalone parser so that it can achieve my goal?
Or it has the better approach?

Thanks.

--
Chun-Sheng, Li
_______________________________________________
dev-tech-layout mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.mozilla.org/listinfo/dev-tech-layout
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Only build the Gecko-dev html parser

Jet Villegas-2
"Processing HTML" in Gecko involves more than parsing. What are you trying
to measure (loading, parsing, rendering, ???) and are you comparing that to
something else you're already measuring?

--Jet


On Thu, Jul 20, 2017 at 3:50 PM, 李昀陞 <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Jet, thank you for your reply.
> I ask this question because I want to calculate the execution time of
> processing html with Gecko.
>
> I just use standalone parser so that it can achieve my goal?
> Or it has the better approach?
>
> Thanks.
>
> --
> Chun-Sheng, Li
> _______________________________________________
> dev-tech-layout mailing list
> [hidden email]
> https://lists.mozilla.org/listinfo/dev-tech-layout
>
_______________________________________________
dev-tech-layout mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.mozilla.org/listinfo/dev-tech-layout
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Only build the Gecko-dev html parser

peter279k
In reply to this post by peter279k
Hi Jet, I try to measure parsing and rendering.

I just want to find the libraries that is used by Gecko.

And use them to measure the time.

Thanks.
_______________________________________________
dev-tech-layout mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.mozilla.org/listinfo/dev-tech-layout
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Only build the Gecko-dev html parser

Bobby Holley-2
I might suggest using the Gecko Profiler: https://perf-html.io/

That will give you a timeline view of loading different webpages, which
will give you a sense of what time gets spent doing what.

On Thu, Jul 20, 2017 at 4:19 PM, 李昀陞 <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Jet, I try to measure parsing and rendering.
>
> I just want to find the libraries that is used by Gecko.
>
> And use them to measure the time.
>
> Thanks.
> _______________________________________________
> dev-tech-layout mailing list
> [hidden email]
> https://lists.mozilla.org/listinfo/dev-tech-layout
>
_______________________________________________
dev-tech-layout mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.mozilla.org/listinfo/dev-tech-layout
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Only build the Gecko-dev html parser

peter279k
In reply to this post by peter279k
Hi Jet, thank you for reply.

Is my approach impossible? I just want to use the C/C++ rendering and parsing libraries that is used by Gecko.

After I look at the Gecko Profiler, I think I need to have the simple and current way to measure my required time.

Thanks.
_______________________________________________
dev-tech-layout mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.mozilla.org/listinfo/dev-tech-layout
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Only build the Gecko-dev html parser

Boris Zbarsky
On 7/20/17 7:54 PM, 李昀陞 wrote:
> Is my approach impossible? I just want to use the C/C++ rendering and parsing libraries that is used by Gecko.

That library is called "Gecko".

-Boris
_______________________________________________
dev-tech-layout mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.mozilla.org/listinfo/dev-tech-layout
Loading...