Quantcast

One and Done is being decommissioned

Rebecca Billings
Hi Everyone-

This is an announcement to let everyone know we've decided to decommission
the One and Done site as of October 31st, 2016.

It's been a great few years, but the time has come. For more information,
here is the relevant blog post:

https://blog.mozilla.org/webqa/2016/09/28/one-and-done-is-being-decommissioned-october-2016/

Cheers,
~Rebecca

Re: One and Done is being decommissioned

Maja Frydrychowicz
Aw, thanks for all you've done for community, One and Done team. :)

My first ever code contributions to Mozilla were to One and Done itself, so
it holds a special place in my heart. I'm sure many other new Mozillians
learned lots from the project.

On Wed, Sep 28, 2016 at 2:25 PM, Rebecca Billings <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Hi Everyone-
>
> This is an announcement to let everyone know we've decided to decommission
> the One and Done site as of October 31st, 2016.
>
> It's been a great few years, but the time has come. For more information,
> here is the relevant blog post:
>
> https://blog.mozilla.org/webqa/2016/09/28/one-and-done-
> is-being-decommissioned-october-2016/
>
> Cheers,
> ~Rebecca

Re: One and Done is being decommissioned

Moin Shaikh
Hi All,

For me too, One and Done was the first contribution tool to Web QA and
hence holds special place it my #MozMemories :)

It's mentioned in the blog post that primary reason to decommission this
One and Done is because we are decommissioning Persona sign-in. Can we, as
an alternative, integrate Github login with One and Done so that this
 platform can still function as an independent one and new contributors
still get an easier way to start off their contribution, any possibilities?

Thanks,
Moin

On Wed, Sep 28, 2016 at 4:27 PM, Maja Frydrychowicz <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Aw, thanks for all you've done for community, One and Done team. :)
>
> My first ever code contributions to Mozilla were to One and Done itself, so
> it holds a special place in my heart. I'm sure many other new Mozillians
> learned lots from the project.
>
> On Wed, Sep 28, 2016 at 2:25 PM, Rebecca Billings <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
> > Hi Everyone-
> >
> > This is an announcement to let everyone know we've decided to
> decommission
> > the One and Done site as of October 31st, 2016.
> >
> > It's been a great few years, but the time has come. For more information,
> > here is the relevant blog post:
> >
> > https://blog.mozilla.org/webqa/2016/09/28/one-and-done-
> > is-being-decommissioned-october-2016/
> >
> > Cheers,
> > ~Rebecca

Re: One and Done is being decommissioned

Rebecca Billings
Hi Moin-

Yes, GitHub & Google logins were both considered. While adding a new login
method is not difficult, it requires a fair amount of code refactoring to
migrate all previous accounts and data to work with multiple authentication
methods. It's certainly not impossible, as other teams have proved- but the
combination of that work plus the other factors listed made the decision
more plain.

We do appreciate all of the new contributors who found Mozilla through One
and Done & who continue to make an impact!

Best,
~Rebecca

On Thu, Sep 29, 2016 at 9:03 AM, Moin Shaikh <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> For me too, One and Done was the first contribution tool to Web QA and
> hence holds special place it my #MozMemories :)
>
> It's mentioned in the blog post that primary reason to decommission this
> One and Done is because we are decommissioning Persona sign-in. Can we, as
> an alternative, integrate Github login with One and Done so that this
>  platform can still function as an independent one and new contributors
> still get an easier way to start off their contribution, any possibilities?
>
> Thanks,
> Moin
>

> On Wed, Sep 28, 2016 at 4:27 PM, Maja Frydrychowicz <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
>> Aw, thanks for all you've done for community, One and Done team. :)
>>
>> My first ever code contributions to Mozilla were to One and Done itself,
>> so
>> it holds a special place in my heart. I'm sure many other new Mozillians
>> learned lots from the project.
>>
>> On Wed, Sep 28, 2016 at 2:25 PM, Rebecca Billings <[hidden email]>
>> wrote:
>>
>> > Hi Everyone-
>> >
>> > This is an announcement to let everyone know we've decided to
>> decommission
>> > the One and Done site as of October 31st, 2016.
>> >
>> > It's been a great few years, but the time has come. For more
>> information,
>> > here is the relevant blog post:
>> >
>> > https://blog.mozilla.org/webqa/2016/09/28/one-and-done-
>> > is-being-decommissioned-october-2016/
>> >
>> > Cheers,
>> > ~Rebecca

Re: One and Done is being decommissioned

Moin Shaikh
Thank you Rebecca,

I am sure new contributors will continue to make an impact.

Regards,
Moin.