Old-New mail

Ray Davison
 From issues;

"Additionally, running MailNews with local folders and POP3 mail filters
may produce summary files that are not correctly read by previous
versions of SeaMonkey. If you decide to go back to a previous version of
SeaMonkey, you should delete the .msf files for your local folders and
POP3 accounts or repair the folders using the folder properties dialog
in order to avoid potential data loss."

Is it likely that we will get enough of late model SM that I can share
mail between OS/2 and current Win SM without the need to delete or
repair the MSF files?

Ray

Re: Old-New mail

Alfredo Fernández Díaz
Ray Davison escribió:
>> "Additionally, running MailNews with local folders and POP3 mail filters may
>> produce summary files that are not correctly read by previous versions of
> Is it likely that we will get enough of late model SM that I can share mail
> between OS/2 and current Win SM without the need to delete or repair the MSF
> files?

IIRC, this referes to the time when SQLITE started being used instead of
regular HTML bookmarks, etc. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

HTH,
A.Fdez.

Re: Old-New mail

Steve Wendt
On 10/18/2012 10:34 AM, Alfredo Fernández Díaz wrote:

>>> "Additionally, running MailNews with local folders and POP3 mail
>>> filters may produce summary files that are not correctly read by
>>> previous versions of
>> Is it likely that we will get enough of late model SM that I can
>> share mail between OS/2 and current Win SM without the need to
>> delete or repair the MSF files?
>
> IIRC, this referes to the time when SQLITE started being used instead of
> regular HTML bookmarks, etc. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

No, different issue.  Something changed in the format of the MSF files.

Re: Old-New mail

Alfredo Fernández Díaz
Steve Wendt escribió:
> On 10/18/2012 10:34 AM, Alfredo Fernández Díaz wrote:
>> IIRC, this refers to the time when SQLITE started being used instead of
>> regular HTML bookmarks, etc. Please correct me if I'm wrong.
>
> No, different issue. Something changed in the format of the MSF files.

OK, thanks. That's what happens what you answer off the top of your head... :)