Old FF add-ons?

Mozilla - General mailing list
Does anyone know where I can find old add-ons for FF ESR 52?
Specifically a Roboform add-on that will work with Roboform 7.9 and FF
ESR 52.I have a working version of such on my desktop. Is there a way to
extract it so it could be copied to a new install on a laptop?

Re: Old FF add-ons?

😉 Good Guy 😉
On 02/06/2019 23:15, jetjock wrote:
> Does anyone know where I can find old add-ons for FF ESR 52?
> Specifically a Roboform add-on that will work with Roboform 7.9 and FF
> ESR 52.I have a working version of such on my desktop. Is there a way
> to extract it so it could be copied to a new install on a laptop?
How about asking them at this link:

<https://help.roboform.com/hc/en-us/categories/203879667-Browser-Extensions>

There is a green button at the bottom of the page that says: "Ask Us"

--
With over 950 million devices now running Windows 10, customer

Re: Old FF add-ons?

»Q«
In <news:[hidden email]>,
jetjock <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Does anyone know where I can find old add-ons for FF ESR 52?
> Specifically a Roboform add-on that will work with Roboform 7.9 and
> FF ESR 52.I have a working version of such on my desktop. Is there a
> way to extract it so it could be copied to a new install on a laptop?

<http://softwarebychuck.com/febe/febe.html>

Re: Old FF add-ons?

Big Al-3
On 6/2/19 6:15 PM, jetjock wrote:
> Does anyone know where I can find old add-ons for FF ESR 52?
> Specifically a Roboform add-on that will work with Roboform 7.9 and FF
> ESR 52.I have a working version of such on my desktop. Is there a way to
> extract it so it could be copied to a new install on a laptop?

By "I have a working version" you mean of the add-on, then the add-ons
are in an 'extensions' folder in your profile.  You can copy them from
one system to another.

I know in Thunderbird you can drag an XPI extension onto the add-ons
page and it will install.  Not sure about FF.

Al

Re: Old FF add-ons?

FredW wrote:

> On Sun, 02 Jun 2019 17:15:58 -0500, jetjock <[hidden email]> wrote:
>

>>Does anyone know where I can find old add-ons for FF ESR 52?
>>Specifically a Roboform add-on that will work with Roboform 7.9 and FF
>>ESR 52.I have a working version of such on my desktop. Is there a way to
>>extract it so it could be copied to a new install on a laptop?
>

> - Classic Add-ons Archive
> This catalog contains 93,598 versions of 19,450 Firefox add-ons created
> by 14,274 developers over the past 15 years using XUL/XPCOM technology
> before Mozilla decided to ruin the classic extensions ecosystem and go
> exclusively to WebExtensions.
>
> https://github.com/JustOff/ca-archive/
>
> - releases
> https://github.com/JustOff/ca-archive/releases
>
> It is a large add-on.

Thanks to "Q", Big Al & FredW for the very useful info. Looks like there
are several ways to do what I need!

Re: Old FF add-ons?

jetjock wrote:

> FredW wrote:
>
>> On Sun, 02 Jun 2019 17:15:58 -0500, jetjock <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>

>>> Does anyone know where I can find old add-ons for FF ESR 52?
>>> Specifically a Roboform add-on that will work with Roboform 7.9 and
>>> FF ESR 52.I have a working version of such on my desktop. Is there a
>>> way to extract it so it could be copied to a new install on a laptop?
>>

>> - Classic Add-ons Archive
>> This catalog contains 93,598 versions of 19,450 Firefox add-ons created
>> by 14,274 developers over the past 15 years using XUL/XPCOM technology
>> before Mozilla decided to ruin the classic extensions ecosystem and go
>> exclusively to WebExtensions.
>>
>> https://github.com/JustOff/ca-archive/
>>
>> - releases
>> https://github.com/JustOff/ca-archive/releases
>>
>> It is a large add-on.
>>
> Thanks to "Q", Big Al & FredW for the very useful info. Looks like there
> are several ways to do what I need!

Follow up info:

FredW... Quote from GitHub page; Please note that GitHub no longer
supports old versions of Firefox. We recommend upgrading to the latest
Safari, Google Chrome, or Firefox.
I looked for "Roboform" under extensions and got; Repositories 0
extensions Loading… This topic hasn’t been used on any repositories yet.
You can explore featured topics.

Big Al... I looked under AppData-Roaming-Mozilla-Firefox-Profiles-(my
profile)-Extensions and found the one for Roboform. Do I just copy that
whole folder to the Profile-Extensions folder in the laptop? Anything
else required?

"Q"...FEBE works like a charm!! Only question I have is what do I do
with the .zip files? How would they be restored, or does FEBE take care
of that if I restore an extension?

Re: Old FF add-ons?

WaltS48-9
On 6/3/19 11:48 AM, jetjock wrote:

> jetjock wrote:
>> FredW wrote:

>>> - Classic Add-ons Archive
>>> This catalog contains 93,598 versions of 19,450 Firefox add-ons created
>>> by 14,274 developers over the past 15 years using XUL/XPCOM technology
>>> before Mozilla decided to ruin the classic extensions ecosystem and go
>>> exclusively to WebExtensions.
>>>
>>> https://github.com/JustOff/ca-archive/
>>>
>>> - releases
>>> https://github.com/JustOff/ca-archive/releases
>>>
>>> It is a large add-on.
>>>
>> Thanks to "Q", Big Al & FredW for the very useful info. Looks like
>> there are several ways to do what I need!
>>
> Follow up info:
>
> FredW... Quote from GitHub page; Please note that GitHub no longer
> supports old versions of Firefox. We recommend upgrading to the latest
> Safari, Google Chrome, or Firefox.
> I looked for "Roboform" under extensions and got; Repositories 0
> extensions Loading… This topic hasn’t been used on any repositories yet.
> You can explore featured topics.

Can you see the content of
<https://github.com/JustOff/ca-archive/releases> or not?

If you can, then click the ca-archive-2.0.1.xpi file and install the
archive.

If you can't. Then go to the site with a supported browser, download and
save the file using right-click "Save Link As...", close the supported
browser.

Open the Firefox you want to install the extension in and open Tools >
Add-ons. Click the gear wheel in the Extensions tab and select "Install
Add-on From File...".

--
OS: Ubuntu Linux 18.04LTS - Gnome Desktop

Re: Old FF add-ons?

Big Al-3
On 6/3/19 11:48 AM, jetjock wrote:
> Big Al... I looked under AppData-Roaming-Mozilla-Firefox-Profiles-(my
> profile)-Extensions and found the one for Roboform. Do I just copy that
> whole folder to the Profile-Extensions folder in the laptop? Anything
> else required?
Not really, I just looked.  If you go to the add-ons page in FF, there
is a gear icon you can click on and pick load from file.   Then just
browse to where you found that XPI (or if you copied it to a USB or
such) and pick it.  It will install just like you downloaded it.

Al

Re: Old FF add-ons?

Big Al-3
On 6/3/19 5:35 PM, Big Al wrote:

> On 6/3/19 11:48 AM, jetjock wrote:
>> Big Al... I looked under AppData-Roaming-Mozilla-Firefox-Profiles-(my
>> profile)-Extensions and found the one for Roboform. Do I just copy
>> that whole folder to the Profile-Extensions folder in the laptop?
>> Anything else required?
> Not really, I just looked.  If you go to the add-ons page in FF, there
> is a gear icon you can click on and pick load from file.   Then just
> browse to where you found that XPI (or if you copied it to a USB or
> such) and pick it.  It will install just like you downloaded it.
>
> Al

I should rephrase that.  You want the XPI file (or at least all of mine
are).   Copy it someplace you can access from the FF you want to update
then do the "load from file" thing.

Al

Re: Old FF add-ons?

FredW wrote:

> On Mon, 03 Jun 2019 10:48:45 -0500, jetjock <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>>jetjock wrote:

>>>Thanks to "Q", Big Al & FredW for the very useful info. Looks like there
>>>are several ways to do what I need!
>>>

>>Follow up info:
>>
>>FredW... Quote from GitHub page; Please note that GitHub no longer
>>supports old versions of Firefox. We recommend upgrading to the latest
>>Safari, Google Chrome, or Firefox.
>

> - Classic Add-ons Archive
> https://github.com/JustOff/ca-archive/
>
> Compatibility and installation
> This add-on has been tested with the following browsers (in alphabetical
> order): Basilisk RC1+, Firefox ESR 45-52, Firefox 45-58b, Pale Moon 27+
>
> Do you use Firefox ESR 52 or not ???
>  :-(

Yes, Fred, I do use ESR 52. Why are you being so hostile? All I did was
report back what I saw on the GitHub page. I have tried running a search
there for every combo of AI Roboform and I still keep coming with
nothing. Short of manually searching through 100+ pages of add-ons, I
think I will use "Q"'s method.

  I do appreciate your attempt to help. A little less attitude would
certainly help.

Re: Old FF add-ons?

WaltS48 wrote:

> On 6/3/19 11:48 AM, jetjock wrote:
>
>> jetjock wrote:

>>> Thanks to "Q", Big Al & FredW for the very useful info. Looks like
>>> there are several ways to do what I need!
>>>
>> Follow up info:
>>
>> FredW... Quote from GitHub page; Please note that GitHub no longer
>> supports old versions of Firefox. We recommend upgrading to the latest
>> Safari, Google Chrome, or Firefox.
>> I looked for "Roboform" under extensions and got; Repositories 0
>> extensions Loading… This topic hasn’t been used on any repositories
>> yet. You can explore featured topics.
>>

> Can you see the content of
> <https://github.com/JustOff/ca-archive/releases> or not?
>
> If you can, then click the ca-archive-2.0.1.xpi file and install the
> archive.
>
> If you can't. Then go to the site with a supported browser, download and
> save the file using right-click "Save Link As...", close the supported
> browser.
>
> Open the Firefox you want to install the extension in and open Tools >
> Add-ons. Click the gear wheel in the Extensions tab and select "Install
> Add-on From File...".

Yes, I see it fine. I did not realize that this was a downloadable
archive of ALL add-ons. I was looking for just one...Roboform. Thank you
very much for clarifying that...and without being snarky to boot!  :)

Re: Old FF add-ons?

Big Al wrote:

> On 6/3/19 5:35 PM, Big Al wrote:
>
>> On 6/3/19 11:48 AM, jetjock wrote:
>>
>>> Big Al... I looked under AppData-Roaming-Mozilla-Firefox-Profiles-(my
>>> profile)-Extensions and found the one for Roboform. Do I just copy
>>> that whole folder to the Profile-Extensions folder in the laptop?
>>> Anything else required?
>>
>> Not really, I just looked.  If you go to the add-ons page in FF, there
>> is a gear icon you can click on and pick load from file.   Then just
>> browse to where you found that XPI (or if you copied it to a USB or
>> such) and pick it.  It will install just like you downloaded it.
>>
>> Al
>

> I should rephrase that.  You want the XPI file (or at least all of mine
> are).   Copy it someplace you can access from the FF you want to update
> then do the "load from file" thing.
>
> Al
Thanks, Big Al. Now that I have the .xpi saved I'll be able to do that.

Re: Old FF add-ons?

WaltS48-9
On 6/4/19 2:49 PM, jetjock wrote:

> WaltS48 wrote:

>>> Follow up info:
>>>
>>> FredW... Quote from GitHub page; Please note that GitHub no longer
>>> supports old versions of Firefox. We recommend upgrading to the
>>> latest Safari, Google Chrome, or Firefox.
>>> I looked for "Roboform" under extensions and got; Repositories 0
>>> extensions Loading… This topic hasn’t been used on any repositories
>>> yet. You can explore featured topics.
>>>

>> Can you see the content of
>> <https://github.com/JustOff/ca-archive/releases> or not?
>>
>> If you can, then click the ca-archive-2.0.1.xpi file and install the
>> archive.
>>
>> If you can't. Then go to the site with a supported browser, download
>> and save the file using right-click "Save Link As...", close the
>> supported browser.
>>
>> Open the Firefox you want to install the extension in and open Tools >
>> Add-ons. Click the gear wheel in the Extensions tab and select
>> "Install Add-on From File...".
>>
> Yes, I see it fine. I did not realize that this was a downloadable
> archive of ALL add-ons. I was looking for just one...Roboform. Thank you
> very much for clarifying that...and without being snarky to boot!  :)

You caught me on a  good day and I thought the others weren't explaining
things in a clear manner.

--
OS: Ubuntu Linux 18.04LTS - Gnome Desktop

Re: Old FF add-ons?

Sailfish-4
My bloviated meandering follows what FredW graced us with on 6/3/2019
7:28 AM:

> On Sun, 02 Jun 2019 17:15:58 -0500, jetjock <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Does anyone know where I can find old add-ons for FF ESR 52?
>> Specifically a Roboform add-on that will work with Roboform 7.9 and FF
>> ESR 52.I have a working version of such on my desktop. Is there a way to
>> extract it so it could be copied to a new install on a laptop?
>
> - Classic Add-ons Archive
> This catalog contains 93,598 versions of 19,450 Firefox add-ons created
> by 14,274 developers over the past 15 years using XUL/XPCOM technology
> before Mozilla decided to ruin the classic extensions ecosystem and go
> exclusively to WebExtensions.
>
> https://github.com/JustOff/ca-archive/
>
> - releases
> https://github.com/JustOff/ca-archive/releases
>
> It is a large add-on.

Fx52.9ESR

First, wouldn't install until setting xpinstall.signatures.required to
false via about:config. Then, it installed but was disabled with message:
"Classic Add-ons Archive could not be verified for use in Firefox and
has been disabled."

What am I missing?

--
Sailfish

Re: Old FF add-ons?

FredW wrote:

> On Tue, 04 Jun 2019 13:44:53 -0500, jetjock <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>>FredW wrote:
>>
>>>- Classic Add-ons Archive
>>>https://github.com/JustOff/ca-archive/
>>>
>>>Compatibility and installation
>>>This add-on has been tested with the following browsers (in alphabetical
>>>order): Basilisk RC1+, Firefox ESR 45-52, Firefox 45-58b, Pale Moon 27+
>>>
>>>Do you use Firefox ESR 52 or not ???
>>> :-(
>>>

>>Yes, Fred, I do use ESR 52. Why are you being so hostile? All I did was
>>report back what I saw on the GitHub page. I have tried running a search
>>there for every combo of AI Roboform and I still keep coming with
>>nothing. Short of manually searching through 100+ pages of add-ons, I
>>think I will use "Q"'s method.
>>
>> I do appreciate your attempt to help. A little less attitude would
>>certainly help.
>

> I am glad you downloaded the *.xpi for Firefox ESR 52 in the end.
> (I am on holiday now, I could not read your answer before)

I hope you saw my explanation for my confusion over the GitHub file.
Thanks again for the help, and I hope you enjoy your holiday!

Re: Old FF add-ons?

Sailfish-4
My bloviated meandering follows what Sailfish graced us with on 6/6/2019
8:49 AM:

> My bloviated meandering follows what FredW graced us with on 6/3/2019
> 7:28 AM:
>> On Sun, 02 Jun 2019 17:15:58 -0500, jetjock <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>>> Does anyone know where I can find old add-ons for FF ESR 52?
>>> Specifically a Roboform add-on that will work with Roboform 7.9 and
>>> FF ESR 52.I have a working version of such on my desktop. Is there a
>>> way to extract it so it could be copied to a new install on a laptop?
>>
>> - Classic Add-ons Archive
>> This catalog contains 93,598 versions of 19,450 Firefox add-ons created
>> by 14,274 developers over the past 15 years using XUL/XPCOM technology
>> before Mozilla decided to ruin the classic extensions ecosystem and go
>> exclusively to WebExtensions.
>>
>> https://github.com/JustOff/ca-archive/
>>
>> - releases
>> https://github.com/JustOff/ca-archive/releases
>>
>> It is a large add-on.
>>
> Fx52.9ESR
>
> First, wouldn't install until setting xpinstall.signatures.required to
> false via about:config. Then, it installed but was disabled with message:
> "Classic Add-ons Archive could not be verified for use in Firefox and
> has been disabled."
>
> What am I missing?

H-e-l-l-o? {tap, tap, tap} Anyone out there? May Day! May Day!

--
Sailfish