Oh the hypocrisy!

Wolf K.
Looked for "More Information" about the reason for blocking add-ons.
Found this, and I kid you not:

"Add-ons that can change your browser's settings without your consent or
steal your information have become increasingly common. "

Just like Mozilla, in fact.

Oh the hypocrisy!

For the foreseeable future I will be disrecommending Firefox.

--
Wolf K
kirkwood40.blogspot.com

Re: Oh the hypocrisy!

Sailfish-4
My bloviated meandering follows what Wolf K graced us with on 5/4/2019
11:45 AM:

> Looked for "More Information" about the reason for blocking add-ons.
> Found this, and I kid you not:
>
> "Add-ons that can change your browser's settings without your consent or
> steal your information have become increasingly common. "
>
> Just like Mozilla, in fact.
>
> Oh the hypocrisy!
>
> For the foreseeable future I will be disrecommending Firefox.

+1

--
Sailfish

Re: Oh the hypocrisy!

PietB-2
Wolf K wrote:
> Looked for "More Information" about the reason for blocking add-ons.
> Found this, and I kid you not:
>
> "Add-ons that can change your browser's settings without your consent or
> steal your information have become increasingly common. "
>
> Just like Mozilla, in fact.
>
> Oh the hypocrisy!

How true.

> For the foreseeable future I will be disrecommending Firefox.

Which browser(s) would you recommend then?
Not Chrome, Safari, Edge or Opera, because they'll deprive you
of the possibility to block the privacy-violating tracking
euphemistically called "hyperlink auditing".

-p

Re: Oh the hypocrisy!

Wolf K.
On 2019-05-05 21:21, PietB wrote:

> Wolf K wrote:
>> Looked for "More Information" about the reason for blocking add-ons.
>> Found this, and I kid you not:
>>
>> "Add-ons that can change your browser's settings without your consent or
>> steal your information have become increasingly common. "
>>
>> Just like Mozilla, in fact.
>>
>> Oh the hypocrisy!
>
> How true.
>
>> For the foreseeable future I will be disrecommending Firefox.
>
> Which browser(s) would you recommend then?
> Not Chrome, Safari, Edge or Opera, because they'll deprive you
> of the possibility to block the privacy-violating tracking
> euphemistically called "hyperlink auditing".
>
> -p

Good question. I've downloaded plae Moon installer, will experiment with it.

In the meantime, I've been able to restore tab bar to my preferred
position vi a userChrome.css file I found online. So FF OK for now.

This has been a worthwhile "learning opportunity" (LO), so I guess I
should be grateful. At my age, they are few and far between. Pointless
or trivial LOs abound...

Best,

--
Wolf K
kirkwood40.blogspot.com
You are who you intend to be. (Kurt Vonnegut)

Re: Oh the hypocrisy!

clay-14
Wolf K wrote:

> Looked for "More Information" about the reason for blocking add-ons.
> Found this, and I kid you not:
>
> "Add-ons that can change your browser's settings without your consent or
> steal your information have become increasingly common. "
>
> Just like Mozilla, in fact.
>
> Oh the hypocrisy!
>
> For the foreseeable future I will be disrecommending Firefox.

I'm with you.
For the first time in more than 22 years, I'm forced to go looking at
other browser options.
If indeed all my browsers are irrevocably broke, this truly sucks
because there aren't any other good browsers out there.

You may notice I haven't been around these parts for a while.
That's because I had my browsers where I wanted them and they were doing
what I wanted them to do.

Now Moz has taken them all away.

I realize we get what we pay for from Moz, and I appreciate that.

However, it's one thing for Moz to say "We're not giving it away
anymore" and entirely another to say "You can't use that obsolete old
browser we gave you years ago either"