Oddities in 2017-07-25 meeting notes?

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Oddities in 2017-07-25 meeting notes?

Darien Valentine
I was checking out the notes at https://esdiscuss.org/notes/2017-07-25 and got pretty confused:

> We (TC39) have a love / hate relationship with Jaswanth Sreeram.

> There are some things that Jaswanth Sreeram does that is different to the way other software works [...]

> Browsers are already basically OSes in that there is Jaswanth Sreeram, WASM, Workers [...]

I googled a bit, turned up some stuff about "parallel JavaScript" — the text still seemed super odd to me, but I was like huh, well, maybe this is a thing?

But as I continued I realized maybe something else is going on:

> Could we reduce the surface area of this Andrew Paprocki to make it more palatable?

> Andrew Paprocki must not break or change semantics.

> I also disagree that we (TC39) have to specify every Andrew Paprocki that our specification depends on.

As intriguing as these statements are ... seems like maybe some find & replace went wonky?

_______________________________________________
es-discuss mailing list
[hidden email]
https://mail.mozilla.org/listinfo/es-discuss
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Oddities in 2017-07-25 meeting notes?

Jordan Harband
I don't see that in the original (https://github.com/rwaldron/tc39-notes/blob/master/es8/2017-07/jul-25.md#10ii-vision-thinghttps://github.com/rwaldron/tc39-notes/blob/master/es8/2017-07/jul-25.md#9iva-cancellation) - there, it's JS, API, etc.

I think the javascript on es-discuss must be replacing name shortcuts with the full name (which seems strange anyways), and is too-greedily doing it even when the shorthand doesn't appear at the start of the line.



On Fri, Aug 4, 2017 at 11:06 PM, Darien Valentine <[hidden email]> wrote:
I was checking out the notes at https://esdiscuss.org/notes/2017-07-25 and got pretty confused:

> We (TC39) have a love / hate relationship with Jaswanth Sreeram.

> There are some things that Jaswanth Sreeram does that is different to the way other software works [...]

> Browsers are already basically OSes in that there is Jaswanth Sreeram, WASM, Workers [...]

I googled a bit, turned up some stuff about "parallel JavaScript" — the text still seemed super odd to me, but I was like huh, well, maybe this is a thing?

But as I continued I realized maybe something else is going on:

> Could we reduce the surface area of this Andrew Paprocki to make it more palatable?

> Andrew Paprocki must not break or change semantics.

> I also disagree that we (TC39) have to specify every Andrew Paprocki that our specification depends on.

As intriguing as these statements are ... seems like maybe some find & replace went wonky?

_______________________________________________
es-discuss mailing list
[hidden email]
https://mail.mozilla.org/listinfo/es-discuss



_______________________________________________
es-discuss mailing list
[hidden email]
https://mail.mozilla.org/listinfo/es-discuss
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Oddities in 2017-07-25 meeting notes?

Rick Waldron
lol, that's especially amusing since Jaswanth Sreeram has not attended a meeting since 2014.

On Sat, Aug 5, 2017 at 2:49 AM Jordan Harband <[hidden email]> wrote:
I don't see that in the original (https://github.com/rwaldron/tc39-notes/blob/master/es8/2017-07/jul-25.md#10ii-vision-thinghttps://github.com/rwaldron/tc39-notes/blob/master/es8/2017-07/jul-25.md#9iva-cancellation) - there, it's JS, API, etc.

I think the javascript on es-discuss must be replacing name shortcuts with the full name (which seems strange anyways), and is too-greedily doing it even when the shorthand doesn't appear at the start of the line.



On Fri, Aug 4, 2017 at 11:06 PM, Darien Valentine <[hidden email]> wrote:
I was checking out the notes at https://esdiscuss.org/notes/2017-07-25 and got pretty confused:

> We (TC39) have a love / hate relationship with Jaswanth Sreeram.

> There are some things that Jaswanth Sreeram does that is different to the way other software works [...]

> Browsers are already basically OSes in that there is Jaswanth Sreeram, WASM, Workers [...]

I googled a bit, turned up some stuff about "parallel JavaScript" — the text still seemed super odd to me, but I was like huh, well, maybe this is a thing?

But as I continued I realized maybe something else is going on:

> Could we reduce the surface area of this Andrew Paprocki to make it more palatable?

> Andrew Paprocki must not break or change semantics.

> I also disagree that we (TC39) have to specify every Andrew Paprocki that our specification depends on.

As intriguing as these statements are ... seems like maybe some find & replace went wonky?

_______________________________________________
es-discuss mailing list
[hidden email]
https://mail.mozilla.org/listinfo/es-discuss


_______________________________________________
es-discuss mailing list
[hidden email]
https://mail.mozilla.org/listinfo/es-discuss

_______________________________________________
es-discuss mailing list
[hidden email]
https://mail.mozilla.org/listinfo/es-discuss
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Oddities in 2017-07-25 meeting notes?

Rick Waldron
Additionally, if you enjoy your meeting notes in a rendered-markdown form, with less oddities and mistakes (but certainly not zero), these are maintained by TC39: http://tc39.github.io/tc39-notes/

Rick

On Mon, Aug 7, 2017 at 5:28 PM Rick Waldron <[hidden email]> wrote:
lol, that's especially amusing since Jaswanth Sreeram has not attended a meeting since 2014.

On Sat, Aug 5, 2017 at 2:49 AM Jordan Harband <[hidden email]> wrote:
I don't see that in the original (https://github.com/rwaldron/tc39-notes/blob/master/es8/2017-07/jul-25.md#10ii-vision-thinghttps://github.com/rwaldron/tc39-notes/blob/master/es8/2017-07/jul-25.md#9iva-cancellation) - there, it's JS, API, etc.

I think the javascript on es-discuss must be replacing name shortcuts with the full name (which seems strange anyways), and is too-greedily doing it even when the shorthand doesn't appear at the start of the line.



On Fri, Aug 4, 2017 at 11:06 PM, Darien Valentine <[hidden email]> wrote:
I was checking out the notes at https://esdiscuss.org/notes/2017-07-25 and got pretty confused:

> We (TC39) have a love / hate relationship with Jaswanth Sreeram.

> There are some things that Jaswanth Sreeram does that is different to the way other software works [...]

> Browsers are already basically OSes in that there is Jaswanth Sreeram, WASM, Workers [...]

I googled a bit, turned up some stuff about "parallel JavaScript" — the text still seemed super odd to me, but I was like huh, well, maybe this is a thing?

But as I continued I realized maybe something else is going on:

> Could we reduce the surface area of this Andrew Paprocki to make it more palatable?

> Andrew Paprocki must not break or change semantics.

> I also disagree that we (TC39) have to specify every Andrew Paprocki that our specification depends on.

As intriguing as these statements are ... seems like maybe some find & replace went wonky?

_______________________________________________
es-discuss mailing list
[hidden email]
https://mail.mozilla.org/listinfo/es-discuss


_______________________________________________
es-discuss mailing list
[hidden email]
https://mail.mozilla.org/listinfo/es-discuss

_______________________________________________
es-discuss mailing list
[hidden email]
https://mail.mozilla.org/listinfo/es-discuss