OT: what is a good place to ask web developer questions?

OT: what is a good place to ask web developer questions?

Hi All,

I will sort of ask the question over here too.

I am trying to figure out where the files is that goes with

href='http://www.foo.com/Case-Studies' class='menu-link
menu-item-id-16'>Case Studies</a>

so i can fix a boo boo.  I have access to the ftp site,
but can't make heads from tails.  id-16?

Where is a good forum, or newsgroup to ask such questions?

Many thanks,
-T

Re: OT: what is a good place to ask web developer questions?

Good Guy-2
On 13/09/2017 21:24, T wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I will sort of ask the question over here too.
>
> I am trying to figure out where the files is that goes with
>
> href='http://www.foo.com/Case-Studies' class='menu-link
> menu-item-id-16'>Case Studies</a>
>
> so i can fix a boo boo.  I have access to the ftp site,
> but can't make heads from tails.  id-16?
>
> Where is a good forum, or newsgroup to ask such questions?
>
> Many thanks,
> -T

The file you need is called a styles file and it has the extension: .css.

The location of the file is normally in the styles folder but this is
not always the case as web designers can put it somewhere else. I put my
styles in the folder called Content because I use Microsoft Visual
Studio and it uses this folder by default.  But as I said this is not
the case.  You can find out the location of the styles sheet vy looking
at the header section of the webpage.  You have to be in Source code
view of the page.

There are two styles on your link:

menu-link
menu-item-id-16

Both styles will be on the same styles sheet.

--
With over 500 million devices now running Windows 10, customer

On 09/13/2017 01:40 PM, Good Guy wrote:

> On 13/09/2017 21:24, T wrote:
>> Hi All,
>>
>> I will sort of ask the question over here too.
>>
>> I am trying to figure out where the files is that goes with
>>
>> href='http://www.foo.com/Case-Studies' class='menu-link
>> menu-item-id-16'>Case Studies</a>
>>
>> so i can fix a boo boo.  I have access to the ftp site,
>> but can't make heads from tails.  id-16?
>>
>> Where is a good forum, or newsgroup to ask such questions?
>>
>> Many thanks,
>> -T
>>

> The file you need is called a styles file and it has the extension: .css.
>
> The location of the file is normally in the styles folder but this is
> not always the case as web designers can put it somewhere else. I put my
> styles in the folder called Content because I use Microsoft Visual
> Studio and it uses this folder by default.  But as I said this is not
> the case.  You can find out the location of the styles sheet vy looking
> at the header section of the webpage.  You have to be in Source code
> view of the page.
>
> There are two styles on your link:
>
> menu-link
> menu-item-id-16
>
> Both styles will be on the same styles sheet.

Thank you!

Re: OT: what is a good place to ask web developer questions?

Richard Alan
T wrote:

> so i can fix a boo boo.  I have access to the ftp site, but can't make
> heads from tails.  id-16?
>
> Where is a good forum, or newsgroup to ask such questions?

What tools did your customer use to create the site?

alt.html
alt.html.css

The Mozilla groups are not a place to ask about creating and maintaining
web sites.

On 09/13/2017 02:01 PM, Richard Alan wrote:

> T wrote:
>
>> so i can fix a boo boo.  I have access to the ftp site, but can't make
>> heads from tails.  id-16?
>>
>> Where is a good forum, or newsgroup to ask such questions?
>
> What tools did your customer use to create the site?
>
> alt.html
> alt.html.css

NOT A CLUE!!!!  He quit!

> The Mozilla groups are not a place to ask about creating and maintaining
> web sites.

uh, why is it that you think I asked where a good place
to ask was?

On 13/09/2017 22:30, T wrote:

> On 09/13/2017 02:01 PM, Richard Alan wrote:
>> T wrote:
>>
>>> so i can fix a boo boo.  I have access to the ftp site, but can't make
>>> heads from tails.  id-16?
>>>
>>> Where is a good forum, or newsgroup to ask such questions?
>>
>> What tools did your customer use to create the site?
>>
>> alt.html
>> alt.html.css
>
> NOT A CLUE!!!!  He quit!
>
>> The Mozilla groups are not a place to ask about creating and maintaining
>> web sites.
>

> uh, why is it that you think I asked where a good place
> to ask was?

You can ask at this link:

<https://forums.adobe.com/community/dreamweaver/content>

You don't need any of the Adobe products to open a free account to post
questions at the above link:

On 09/13/2017 03:00 PM, Good Guy wrote:

> On 13/09/2017 22:30, T wrote:

>>> What tools did your customer use to create the site?
>>>
>>> alt.html
>>> alt.html.css
>>
>> NOT A CLUE!!!!  He quit!
>>
>>> The Mozilla groups are not a place to ask about creating and maintaining
>>> web sites.
>>

>> uh, why is it that you think I asked where a good place
>> to ask was?
>>

> You can ask at this link:
>
> <https://forums.adobe.com/community/dreamweaver/content>
>
> You don't need any of the Adobe products to open a free account to post
> questions at the above link:

Thank you!

T wrote:

> Richard Alan wrote:
>> T wrote:
>>> so i can fix a boo boo.  I have access to the ftp site, but can't make
>>> heads from tails.  id-16?
>>>
>>> Where is a good forum, or newsgroup to ask such questions?
>>
>> What tools did your customer use to create the site?
>>
>> alt.html alt.html.css
>
> NOT A CLUE!!!!  He quit!

So, you're not only a "computer repairman," you're a webmaster too?

>> The Mozilla groups are not a place to ask about creating and
>> maintaining web sites.
>
> uh, why is it that you think I asked where a good place to ask was?

uh, why do you think I gave you an answer?  The newsgroups alt.html and
alt.html.css

Add them to your subscribed list of newsgroups.

(An adobe dreamweaver forum is not the place...)

Re: OT: what is a good place to ask web developer questions?

WaltS48-5
On 9/13/17 4:24 PM, T wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I will sort of ask the question over here too.
>
> I am trying to figure out where the files is that goes with
>
> href='http://www.foo.com/Case-Studies' class='menu-link
> menu-item-id-16'>Case Studies</a>
>
> so i can fix a boo boo.  I have access to the ftp site,
> but can't make heads from tails.  id-16?
>
> Where is a good forum, or newsgroup to ask such questions?
>
> Many thanks,
> -T

comp.infosystems.www.authoring.html for HTML questions.
comp.infosystems.www.authoring.stylesheets for CSS questions.
comp.lang.javascript for JavaScript questions.

There is a Web Development forum on mozillaZine.

<http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewforum.php?f=25>

--
Go Bucs, Pitt, Steelers!
Coexist <https://www.coexist.org/>

On 09/13/2017 03:51 PM, Richard Alan wrote:
>> NOT A CLUE!!!!  He quit!
> So, you're not only a "computer repairman," you're a webmaster too?

Kicking and screaming!

On 09/13/2017 03:52 PM, WaltS48 wrote:

> On 9/13/17 4:24 PM, T wrote:
>> Hi All,
>>
>> I will sort of ask the question over here too.
>>
>> I am trying to figure out where the files is that goes with
>>
>> href='http://www.foo.com/Case-Studies' class='menu-link
>> menu-item-id-16'>Case Studies</a>
>>
>> so i can fix a boo boo.  I have access to the ftp site,
>> but can't make heads from tails.  id-16?
>>
>> Where is a good forum, or newsgroup to ask such questions?
>>
>> Many thanks,
>> -T
>>

> comp.infosystems.www.authoring.html for HTML questions.
> comp.infosystems.www.authoring.stylesheets for CSS questions.
> comp.lang.javascript for JavaScript questions.
>
> There is a Web Development forum on mozillaZine.
>
> <http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewforum.php?f=25>

Awesome!  Thank you!