OT: The end of IE?

gwtc-4
Interesting story about the biggest MS blunder:

Things to Ponder about: Why do people point to their wrist when asking
for the time, but don't point to their crotch when they ask where the
bathroom is?

Re: OT: The end of IE?

Daniel Brandes
gwtc schrieb:
> Interesting story about the biggest MS blunder:

Good news :-)
But unfortunately over 80 % of the win users are preferring the Explorer
up to now, I've heard.

Re: OT: The end of IE?

Michael-22
I have a non-technical retail site and IE is at under 60% of my visitors
now.
> Good news :-)
> But unfortunately over 80 % of the win users are preferring the
> Explorer up to now, I've heard.

Re: OT: The end of IE?

The Real Bev
Daniel Brandes wrote:

> gwtc schrieb:
>> Interesting story about the biggest MS blunder:
>>
> Good news :-)
> But unfortunately over 80 % of the win users are preferring the Explorer
> up to now, I've heard.

And 49% of everything is below average.  My mom (88 this year) prefers
NS 4.79 for mail and Mozilla 1.8 for browsing.  She tried IE when she
first got her computer and didn't like it.  I swear I let her choose freely!

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/
You know how dumb the average person is?
Well, by definition, half are *even dumber*!

Re: OT: The end of IE?

Felipe Garcia
The Real Bev wrote:

> Daniel Brandes wrote:
>
>> gwtc schrieb:
>>> Interesting story about the biggest MS blunder:
>>> http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,1895,1952995,00.asp
>>>
>> Good news :-)
>> But unfortunately over 80 % of the win users are preferring the
>> Explorer up to now, I've heard.
>
> And 49% of everything is below average.  My mom (88 this year) prefers
> NS 4.79 for mail and Mozilla 1.8 for browsing.  She tried IE when she
> first got her computer and didn't like it.  I swear I let her choose
> freely!

Well, I think that the fake stats about 80% were started by someone in
MS trying to get people back to IE.

I tried IE7b1 and I really don't like it. Last week when I was coming
home my bus driver was telling me that she's having a hard time with
viruses in her computer, and about cookies and security settings, I told
her to go to Mozilla and try Firefox, yesterday she told me that she and
her husband (who is my bus driver in the mornings) love it and that now
they surf freely without problems and pop-ups.

Together with a friend we're trying to guide our classmates to the
"right browser", maybe tomorrow I'm putting big signs in the blackboards
saying "REDISCOVER THE WEB, GET FIREFOX www.mozilla.org ", to see if I
can get that MS-inflated 80% to a 79%.

Re: OT: The end of IE?

Jay Garcia
On 09.05.2006 21:25, Felipe Garcia wrote:

>>> Good news :-)
>>> But unfortunately over 80 % of the win users are preferring the
>>> Explorer up to now, I've heard.
>>
>> And 49% of everything is below average.  My mom (88 this year) prefers
>> NS 4.79 for mail and Mozilla 1.8 for browsing.  She tried IE when she
>> first got her computer and didn't like it.  I swear I let her choose
>> freely!
>>

> Well, I think that the fake stats about 80% were started by someone in
> MS trying to get people back to IE.
>
> I tried IE7b1 and I really don't like it. Last week when I was coming
> home my bus driver was telling me that she's having a hard time with
> viruses in her computer, and about cookies and security settings, I told
> her to go to Mozilla and try Firefox, yesterday she told me that she and
> her husband (who is my bus driver in the mornings) love it and that now
> they surf freely without problems and pop-ups.
>
> Together with a friend we're trying to guide our classmates to the
> "right browser", maybe tomorrow I'm putting big signs in the blackboards
> saying "REDISCOVER THE WEB, GET FIREFOX www.mozilla.org ", to see if I
> can get that MS-inflated 80% to a 79%.

The 80% is an installation percentage, not a USEAGE percentage AFAIK.
Remember, IE comes with most every computer-in-a-box these days and not
everybody (80%) actually "uses" it.

--
Jay Garcia Netscape/Mozilla Champion
UFAQ - http://www.UFAQ.org

Making Mozilla your browser

moz.20.victim123

[...........]

Hi

I just changed the thread

> Together with a friend we're trying to guide our classmates to the
> "right browser", maybe tomorrow I'm putting big signs in the blackboards
> saying "REDISCOVER THE WEB, GET FIREFOX www.mozilla.org ", to see if I
> can get that MS-inflated 80% to a 79%.

By the way can some one here tell me

- if Moz 1.7.13 is the latest Mozilla to use or
- is there a version of seamonkey out for the UNINTIATED, non technical
user ? i.e. plain simple "production quality release" of sea monkey ??

- you experience
- best ways to back up and move data (mail, favourites etc etc )

would be most appreciated

regards
vinayak

Re: Making Mozilla your browser

gwtc-4
[hidden email] wrote:

> [...........]
>
> Hi
>
> I just changed the thread
>

>>Together with a friend we're trying to guide our classmates to the
>>"right browser", maybe tomorrow I'm putting big signs in the blackboards
>>saying "REDISCOVER THE WEB, GET FIREFOX www.mozilla.org ", to see if I
>>can get that MS-inflated 80% to a 79%.
>

> By the way can some one here tell me
>
> - if Moz 1.7.13 is the latest Mozilla to use or
> - is there a version of seamonkey out for the UNINTIATED, non technical
> user ? i.e. plain simple "production quality release" of sea monkey ??
>
> - you experience
> - best ways to back up and move data (mail, favourites etc etc )
>
> would be most appreciated
>

> regards
> vinayak

The latest is Moz 1.7.13, and there is Seamonkey 1.0.1.  Its your
choice.  They have stopped working on Moz.

--
Things I learned from my Mother

Tip #9. My mother taught me about HYPOCRISY.
"If I told you once, I've told you a million times. Don't exaggerate!"

Tip #10. My mother taught me about the CIRCLE OF LIFE.
"I brought you into this world, and I can take you out."

Tip #11. My mother taught me about BEHAVIOR MODIFICATION.
"Stop acting like your father!"

Re: Making Mozilla your browser

Kevin Brosnan
Mozilla 1.7.13 according to what I have read is the last offical build
released from the 1.7.x branch. You can get SeaMonkey builds from
http://www.mozilla.org/projects/seamonkey/ and should be almost
identical to the Mozilla Suite besides upgrades to the 1.8 branch and
new artwork.

Kevin Brosnan

> [...........]
>
> Hi
>
> I just changed the thread
>
> > Together with a friend we're trying to guide our classmates to the
> > "right browser", maybe tomorrow I'm putting big signs in the blackboards
> > saying "REDISCOVER THE WEB, GET FIREFOX www.mozilla.org ", to see if I
> > can get that MS-inflated 80% to a 79%.
>
> By the way can some one here tell me
>
> - if Moz 1.7.13 is the latest Mozilla to use or
> - is there a version of seamonkey out for the UNINTIATED, non technical
> user ? i.e. plain simple "production quality release" of sea monkey ??
>
> - you experience
> - best ways to back up and move data (mail, favourites etc etc )
>
> would be most appreciated
>

> regards
> vinayak

Re: Making Mozilla your browser

garth2007
It would be good if Windows Live Messenger didn't always have Microsoft
products as the default.