OT -- Google photo sharing

The Real Bev
Does anybody know how to share the entire site with someone without
giving them your email password?  It used to be easy when it was picasa,
but now it seems like you can only do it on a temporary per-album basis
by emailing someone a shortened URL.  I'd even be happy to make most of
the albums public, but that seems impossible under any circumstances.

--
Cheers, Bev
   "A stupid person is a person who causes losses to another person
pop

Re: OT -- Google photo sharing

pop
The Real Bev wrote on 9/20/2017 11:40 PM:
> Does anybody know how to share the entire site with someone without
> giving them your email password?  It used to be easy when it was picasa,
> but now it seems like you can only do it on a temporary per-album basis
> by emailing someone a shortened URL.  I'd even be happy to make most of
> the albums public, but that seems impossible under any circumstances.

I do it by creating 1st level folders in google drive and placing the
album folders you would like to share under these  a 1st level folder
can be shared via a link and you can also give individuals with the link
various access levels (shared by their email address) - it is easy to
move folders and files around in google drive to organize them in a easy
sharable way. See my example (sent to your mail via my gmail address) - HTH

--
Best wishes;
(^\pop/^) -> Mark

Re: OT -- Google photo sharing

The Real Bev
On 09/21/2017 03:50 AM, pop wrote:

> The Real Bev wrote on 9/20/2017 11:40 PM:
>> Does anybody know how to share the entire site with someone without
>> giving them your email password?  It used to be easy when it was picasa,
>> but now it seems like you can only do it on a temporary per-album basis
>> by emailing someone a shortened URL.  I'd even be happy to make most of
>> the albums public, but that seems impossible under any circumstances.
>>
> I do it by creating 1st level folders in google drive and placing the
> album folders you would like to share under these  a 1st level folder
> can be shared via a link and you can also give individuals with the link
> various access levels (shared by their email address) - it is easy to
> move folders and files around in google drive to organize them in a easy
> sharable way. See my example (sent to your mail via my gmail address) - HTH

Thanks.  Instructions saved for later.

Still doesn't seem as convenient as it was -- I want my family  to be
able to browse at will through the entire account.  I want friends and
acquaintances to be able to browse at will through the public folders.
I don't think this will be possible :-(

--
Cheers, Bev
    "I love deadlines... especially the whooshing sound

Re: OT -- Google photo sharing

Mozilla - General mailing list
On 9/21/17 8:05 PM, The Real Bev wrote:

> On 09/21/2017 03:50 AM, pop wrote:
>> The Real Bev wrote on 9/20/2017 11:40 PM:
>>> Does anybody know how to share the entire site with someone without
>>> giving them your email password?  It used to be easy when it was picasa,
>>> but now it seems like you can only do it on a temporary per-album basis
>>> by emailing someone a shortened URL.  I'd even be happy to make most of
>>> the albums public, but that seems impossible under any circumstances.
>>>
>> I do it by creating 1st level folders in google drive and placing the
>> album folders you would like to share under these  a 1st level folder
>> can be shared via a link and you can also give individuals with the link
>> various access levels (shared by their email address) - it is easy to
>> move folders and files around in google drive to organize them in a easy
>> sharable way. See my example (sent to your mail via my gmail address)
>> - HTH
>
> Thanks.  Instructions saved for later.
>
> Still doesn't seem as convenient as it was -- I want my family  to be
> able to browse at will through the entire account.  I want friends and
> acquaintances to be able to browse at will through the public folders. I
> don't think this will be possible :-(

1. In Photos, go to the album you want to make public and click the
   Share icon.
2. Choose Google+.
   At the top of the popup, you can chose whether to share it publicly
   or with specific people.

This will make the album public on your Google+ page. Photos that you
add to this album later on will also be visible to the public, even if
you did not share the new photos.

Re: OT -- Google photo sharing

The Real Bev
On 09/21/2017 01:32 PM, Christian Riechers wrote:

> On 9/21/17 8:05 PM, The Real Bev wrote:
>>>>
>>> I do it by creating 1st level folders in google drive and placing the
>>> album folders you would like to share under these  a 1st level folder
>>> can be shared via a link and you can also give individuals with the link
>>> various access levels (shared by their email address) - it is easy to
>>> move folders and files around in google drive to organize them in a easy
>>> sharable way. See my example (sent to your mail via my gmail address)
>>> - HTH
>>
>> Thanks.  Instructions saved for later.
>>
>> Still doesn't seem as convenient as it was -- I want my family  to be
>> able to browse at will through the entire account.  I want friends and
>> acquaintances to be able to browse at will through the public folders. I
>> don't think this will be possible :-(
>
> 1. In Photos, go to the album you want to make public and click the
>     Share icon.
> 2. Choose Google+.
>     At the top of the popup, you can chose whether to share it publicly
>     or with specific people.
>
> This will make the album public on your Google+ page. Photos that you
> add to this album later on will also be visible to the public, even if
> you did not share the new photos.

Done, but I didn't know I HAD a Google+ page...  Wow, that's
interesting.  Something NEW to see!

--
Cheers, Bev
    "I don't need instructions, I have a hammer."