OT: CCleaner

Re: OT: CCleaner

Poutnik-2
Dne 19/09/2017 v 14:39 Luis napsal(a):

>> It is like picking mushrooms.
>> One should pick only those one knows well.
>> If one gets poisoned, it is not right
>> to blame people advising him to pick mushrooms.
>>
> I like this.  In short, rookies can't go to pick mushrooms unless they
> are supervised by one who knows which mushrooms are safe to eat.

Of course they can go along.
But what they pick is their responsibility.

--
Poutnik

Wise man guards the words he says,
as they may say about him more,
than he says about the subject.

Re: OT: CCleaner

Poutnik-2
Dne 19/09/2017 v 17:03 Ray_Net napsal(a):

> That's exactly my case - I never know which file can be removed -
> CCLEANER is a shit ! And and it's not my fault !

People prefer calling the product shit,
instead of calling their knowledge this way...

--
Poutnik

Wise man guards the words he says,
as they may say about him more,
than he says about the subject.

Re: OT: CCleaner

Ray_Net
Poutnik wrote on 19-09-17 20:58:
> Dne 19/09/2017 v 17:03 Ray_Net napsal(a):
>
>> That's exactly my case - I never know which file can be removed -
>> CCLEANER is a shit ! And and it's not my fault !
> People prefer calling the product shit,
> instead of calling their knowledge this way...

I am happy to know that you know ALL files on your pc.
You are a brillant person.

Re: OT: CCleaner

WaltS48-5
On 9/19/17 3:33 PM, Ray_Net wrote:

> Poutnik wrote on 19-09-17 20:58:
>> Dne 19/09/2017 v 17:03 Ray_Net napsal(a):
>>
>>> That's exactly my case - I never know which file can be removed -
>>> CCLEANER is a shit ! And and it's not my fault !
>> People prefer calling the product shit,
>> instead of calling their knowledge this way...
>>
> I am happy to know that you know ALL files on your pc.
> You are a brillant person.

Isn't that a prerequisite for running an application?

The user reviews all menu items, context menu items and options before
running it.

--
Go Bucs, Pitt, Steelers!
MANAA - Make America Native American Again

Re: OT: CCleaner

Ray_Net
WaltS48 wrote on 19-09-17 21:42:

> On 9/19/17 3:33 PM, Ray_Net wrote:
>> Poutnik wrote on 19-09-17 20:58:

>>> People prefer calling the product shit,
>>> instead of calling their knowledge this way...
>>>
>> I am happy to know that you know ALL files on your pc.
>> You are a brillant person.
>

> Isn't that a prerequisite for running an application?
>
> The user reviews all menu items, context menu items and options before
> running it.

Yes, and read the manual completely and knows it completely.

Re: OT: CCleaner

The Real Bev
On 09/19/2017 09:50 AM, Ron Hunter wrote:

> So, it is my brother's fault that Harvey flooded his home to a depth of
> 5 feet.  I am sure he will take issue with that.

Has he been flooded before?  If so then yeah, it IS his fault for not
moving.  If he has flood insurance he should send each and every once of
us a thank-you note because of how heavily flood insurance in GUARANTEED
flood areas is subsidized.

There's always a chance of being flooded in hurricane country.  There's
always a chance of having your house flattened in tornado country.
There's always the chance of having your house fall into a gaping chasm
in earthquake country.  We're not forced to live in disaster-prone
areas... Or maybe we are;  is there any area that isn't prone to some
sort of disaster?

I guess the best we can do is play the odds in choosing our disaster :-(
  I've lived in SoCal for almost 76 years and the worst damage -- so far
-- has been deciding to give a lot of books to the library rather than
putting them back on the shelves.

--
Cheers, Bev
   "When I was in college, the only job I could get was

Re: OT: CCleaner

The Real Bev
On 09/19/2017 01:10 PM, Ray_Net wrote:

> WaltS48 wrote on 19-09-17 21:42:

>>> I am happy to know that you know ALL files on your pc.
>>> You are a brillant person.

If I don't KNOW that it's trash I don't throw it away.  Slightly
different, and I've made mistakes, but not many since I'm so brilliant :-)

>> Isn't that a prerequisite for running an application?
>>
>> The user reviews all menu items, context menu items and options before
>> running it.
>>
> Yes, and read the manual completely and knows it completely.

Or at least skim it.  Most people don't even do that.

--
Cheers, Bev
   "When I was in college, the only job I could get was
    shitting on people's lawns.  Sure, the owners complained,
    but it was honest work and it kept me off welfare..."
                         -- M. Tabnik in mcfl (paraphrased)

Re: OT: CCleaner

PietB-2
WaltS48 wrote:
> Ray_Net wrote:
>> I am happy to know that you know ALL files on your pc.
>> You are a brillant person.
>
> Isn't that a prerequisite for running an application?

No. If that were a prerequisite, computers wouldn't exist.

-p

Re: OT: CCleaner

Terry
On 9/19/2017 1:14 PM On a whim, The Real Bev pounded out on the keyboard

> On 09/19/2017 09:50 AM, Ron Hunter wrote:
>
>> So, it is my brother's fault that Harvey flooded his home to a depth of
>> 5 feet.  I am sure he will take issue with that.
>
> Has he been flooded before?  If so then yeah, it IS his fault for not
> moving.  If he has flood insurance he should send each and every once of
> us a thank-you note because of how heavily flood insurance in GUARANTEED
> flood areas is subsidized.
>
> There's always a chance of being flooded in hurricane country.  There's
> always a chance of having your house flattened in tornado country.
> There's always the chance of having your house fall into a gaping chasm
> in earthquake country.  We're not forced to live in disaster-prone
> areas... Or maybe we are;  is there any area that isn't prone to some
> sort of disaster?
>
> I guess the best we can do is play the odds in choosing our disaster :-(
>    I've lived in SoCal for almost 76 years and the worst damage -- so far
> -- has been deciding to give a lot of books to the library rather than
> putting them back on the shelves.

So aren't you thrilled about the decisions being made for us to become a
Sanctuary State?

Re: OT: CCleaner

WaltS48-5
On 9/19/17 4:22 PM, PietB wrote:

> WaltS48 wrote:
>> Ray_Net wrote:
>>> I am happy to know that you know ALL files on your pc.
>>> You are a brillant person.
>>
>> Isn't that a prerequisite for running an application?
>
> No. If that were a prerequisite, computers wouldn't exist.
>
> -p

Please explain.

--
Go Bucs, Pitt, Steelers!
MANAA - Make America Native American Again
Coexist <https://www.coexist.org/>

Re: OT: CCleaner

Ron Hunter
On 9/19/2017 3:14 PM, The Real Bev wrote:

> On 09/19/2017 09:50 AM, Ron Hunter wrote:
>
>> So, it is my brother's fault that Harvey flooded his home to a depth of
>> 5 feet.  I am sure he will take issue with that.
>
> Has he been flooded before?  If so then yeah, it IS his fault for not
> moving.  If he has flood insurance he should send each and every once of
> us a thank-you note because of how heavily flood insurance in GUARANTEED
> flood areas is subsidized.
>
> There's always a chance of being flooded in hurricane country.  There's
> always a chance of having your house flattened in tornado country.
> There's always the chance of having your house fall into a gaping chasm
> in earthquake country.  We're not forced to live in disaster-prone
> areas... Or maybe we are;  is there any area that isn't prone to some
> sort of disaster?
>
> I guess the best we can do is play the odds in choosing our disaster :-(
>   I've lived in SoCal for almost 76 years and the worst damage -- so far
> -- has been deciding to give a lot of books to the library rather than
> putting them back on the shelves.

When I got out of the USAF, I stayed in Fort Worth area.  Yes, we have
tornadoes, now and then, but the actual chance of one hitting one
particular house is vanishingly small.  One did get about 1/4 mile from
my house back in 2001, but other than being without power for about 24
hours, we had no damage.  Flooding in my location isn't recorded in
records, but then Fort Worth did have a serious flood back in the 1950s.
  Still, it wouldn't have flooded where I live.
I doubt there is a place in the world that isn't subject to some kind of
disaster.

Re: OT: CCleaner

Ron Hunter
On 9/19/2017 3:17 PM, The Real Bev wrote:

> On 09/19/2017 01:10 PM, Ray_Net wrote:
>> WaltS48 wrote on 19-09-17 21:42:

> If I don't KNOW that it's trash I don't throw it away.  Slightly
> different, and I've made mistakes, but not many since I'm so brilliant :-)
>
>>> Isn't that a prerequisite for running an application?
>>>
>>> The user reviews all menu items, context menu items and options before
>>> running it.
>>>
>> Yes, and read the manual completely and knows it completely.
>
> Or at least skim it.  Most people don't even do that.

Sometimes it is difficult.  Apple, for instance, never publishes their
IOS User Guides until a day or two AFTER releasing a new major update.
Annoying to an avid manual reader, but then I am probably the only one
on earth that actually READS the things.

Re: OT: CCleaner

Ray_Net
WaltS48 wrote on 20-09-17 02:57:

> On 9/19/17 4:22 PM, PietB wrote:
>> WaltS48 wrote:
>>>
>>> Isn't that a prerequisite for running an application?
>>
>> No. If that were a prerequisite, computers wouldn't exist.
>>
>> -p
>>

> Please explain.

This is self-explanatory :-)

If anyome MUST know all details about an application ... It's also a
prerequisite of unsing an OS ... So no pc will do a power-on :-) (Who
knows what the boot-file will do ? :-) )

Re: OT: CCleaner

PietB-2
WaltS48 wrote:

> PietB wrote:
>> WaltS48 wrote:
>>>
>>> Isn't that a prerequisite for running an application?
>>
>> No. If that were a prerequisite, computers wouldn't exist.
>
> Please explain.

I presume you have a vacuum cleaner. Do you know every bit,
bolt, wire and waddayahave of it in order to use it? You'd
better, otherwise it could suck big time.
Fortunately that knowledge isn't a prerequisite, otherwise
vacuum cleaners wouldn't exist.

-p