Not as the web designer intended in Firefox

Not as the web designer intended in Firefox

bjo-2
Thank you folks for replying to my problem regarding Firefox not
rendering particular web sites.
I have been emailing some of the sites to say that their pages aren't
showing in my Firefox browser (no replies as yet !!)
I thought that maybe it was my p.c. settings and not a web site fault.
Perhaps somebody could just check out this web site.
http://www.thecliffspavilion.co.uk/cliffs.html
p.s. This is not an advert merely my local theatre that I was attempting
to buy tickets for a Gene Pitney concert.
So you see I am a 'silver surfer' and no 'young bright thing'
Brenda

Re: Not as the web designer intended in Firefox

Jay Garcia
On 08.11.2005 11:18, bjo wrote:

> Thank you folks for replying to my problem regarding Firefox not
> rendering particular web sites.
> I have been emailing some of the sites to say that their pages aren't
> showing in my Firefox browser (no replies as yet !!)
> I thought that maybe it was my p.c. settings and not a web site fault.
> Perhaps somebody could just check out this web site.
> http://www.thecliffspavilion.co.uk/cliffs.html
> p.s. This is not an advert merely my local theatre that I was attempting
> to buy tickets for a Gene Pitney concert.
> So you see I am a 'silver surfer' and no 'young bright thing'
> Brenda

The site is mostly using Macromedia Flash. Do you have the latest
version of Flash installed or do you have a Flash blocker application
running.

--
Jay Garcia Netscape Champion
UFAQ - http://www.UFAQ.org

Re: Not as the web designer intended in Firefox

Shankar Unni
bjo wrote:

> http://www.thecliffspavilion.co.uk/cliffs.html

Geez, what an overblown site for something so simple.

Anyway, it shows up fine in my Firefox 1.5 w/ Flash Player installed.
You have to get the Flash Player from http://www.macromedia.com to see
this page, of course - look for the "Download Players" box, and click on
Download Flash Player.

Re: Not as the web designer intended in Firefox

Bdog-2
bjo <[hidden email]> wrote in
news:dkqmle$en2$[hidden email]:

> http://www.thecliffspavilion.co.uk/cliffs.html

I was able to get to the ticket agreement with no problem.
Firefox V-1.5

bdog

Re: Not as the web designer intended in Firefox

James Moe
bjo wrote:

> I have been emailing some of the sites to say that their pages aren't
> showing in my Firefox browser (no replies as yet !!)

   Good luck with that. I have had maybe 3 replies to the dozens I have
sent regarding some fault with a site.

(Remove DESPAMMZ for email)

Re: Not as the web designer intended in Firefox

Robert Blair-2
Jay Garcia wrote:

> On 08.11.2005 11:18, bjo wrote:

You understate the problem.  The entire page is one Flash
presentation.

The little bit of HTML used for presenting that Flash is coded as
two frames.  Validating the page showed 14 HTML errors.

Some Web developer ran amok with incomplete technical knowledge of
how to create Web pages and no knowledge of how to design them.

--

David E. Ross
<URL:http://www.rossde.com/>

complies with Web standards.  See <URL:http://www.mozilla.org/>.

bjo wrote:

> Thank you folks for replying to my problem regarding Firefox not
> rendering particular web sites.
> I have been emailing some of the sites to say that their pages aren't
> showing in my Firefox browser (no replies as yet !!)
> I thought that maybe it was my p.c. settings and not a web site fault.
> Perhaps somebody could just check out this web site.
> http://www.thecliffspavilion.co.uk/cliffs.html
> p.s. This is not an advert merely my local theatre that I was attempting
> to buy tickets for a Gene Pitney concert.
> So you see I am a 'silver surfer' and no 'young bright thing'
> Brenda

The Web site was designed by Relay Multimedia, which has plenty of
problems with its own Web site.  Find Relay Multimedia at my
<URL:http://www.rossde.com/internet/Webdevelopers.html>.

--

David E. Ross
<URL:http://www.rossde.com/>

complies with Web standards.  See <URL:http://www.mozilla.org/>.

Re: Not as the web designer intended in Firefox

bjo-2

It's me again!!

I thought that as my p.c. is almost new that all these plug ins (if
that's what they are called) would be installed.
I went to the Macromedia site and downloaded the flash player again just
in case I was missing it.
I downloaded this player and it seemed that it was only for I.E.  So I
did a search for the flash player for Firefox and duly downloaded that.
I still cannot see the pages that I was trying to view.
I found this website that seems to say that there are problems with
Flash player and Firefox and I wonder if I am having this trouble
because something is not installing correctly.
If I can view the site in I.E.  I must have flash player installed but
somehow Firefox is not doing something right !!
Brenda

David Ross wrote:

> bjo wrote:
>
>>Thank you folks for replying to my problem regarding Firefox not
>>rendering particular web sites.
>>I have been emailing some of the sites to say that their pages aren't
>>showing in my Firefox browser (no replies as yet !!)
>>I thought that maybe it was my p.c. settings and not a web site fault.
>>Perhaps somebody could just check out this web site.
>>http://www.thecliffspavilion.co.uk/cliffs.html
>>p.s. This is not an advert merely my local theatre that I was attempting
>>to buy tickets for a Gene Pitney concert.
>>So you see I am a 'silver surfer' and no 'young bright thing'
>>Brenda
>

> The Web site was designed by Relay Multimedia, which has plenty of
> problems with its own Web site.  Find Relay Multimedia at my
> <URL:http://www.rossde.com/internet/Webdevelopers.html>.

Re: Not as the web designer intended in Firefox

bjo-2
I've cracked it !!!!!
Thanks all.
I went to
  http://plugindoc.mozdev.org/windows.html#Shockwave
and found this advise:
  If you have the Adblock extension installed, you must disable
OBJ-TABS, otherwise Flash Player 8.0 will not work.
I installed the player again from this website and unchecked the
OBJ-TABS and I am now booked for Gene Pitney !!!
Brenda