No new strings in Gecko-strings repository, but Dashboard shows almost 100 pending strings

No new strings in Gecko-strings repository, but Dashboard shows almost 100 pending strings

Ricardo Palomares Martí­nez-3
Hi again,

Dashboard for es-ES shows almost 100 pending strings for Firefox
Desktop and 27 for Thunderbird. However, if I try to update the
gecko-strings repository, I get no new changesets. My .hg/hgrc has this:

[paths]
default = https://hg.mozilla.org/l10n/gecko-strings

so I think I'm pointing the right URL. Any hints?

TIA

--
Proyecto NAVE (Mozilla es-ES Localization Team)
Mozilla Hispano Community

Re: No new strings in Gecko-strings repository, but Dashboard shows almost 100 pending strings

Michal Stanke-2
Hi Ricardo.

This has the same cause like in the previous case you have asked about. The
dashboard is probably showing results including the quarantined strings,
that are not in Pontoon yet on purpose, to not flood us with non-finalized
strings.

--
Michal Stanke

El 23/10/17 a las 21:40, Ricardo Palomares Martí­nez escribió:

> Hi again,
>
> Dashboard for es-ES shows almost 100 pending strings for Firefox
> Desktop and 27 for Thunderbird. However, if I try to update the
> gecko-strings repository, I get no new changesets. My .hg/hgrc has this:
>
> [paths]
> default = https://hg.mozilla.org/l10n/gecko-strings
>
> so I think I'm pointing the right URL. Any hints?

Hi, I'm again facing the same situation: the dashboard shows more than
100 pending strings for Firefox Desktop and 75 for Firefox Beta, and
the gecko-strings repository does not get me any change since more
than a fortnight now. Are there really some many strings in quarantine
for so long? Visiting the above repo URL in the browser confirms no
changes since Nov. 2nd, but I'm afraid I've missed something about it.

TIA

--
Proyecto NAVE (Mozilla es-ES Localization Team)
Mozilla Hispano Community

Re: No new strings in Gecko-strings repository, but Dashboard shows almost 100 pending strings

Francesco Lodolo [:flod]
> Hi, I'm again facing the same situation: the dashboard shows more than
> 100 pending strings for Firefox Desktop and 75 for Firefox Beta, and
> the gecko-strings repository does not get me any change since more
> than a fortnight now. Are there really some many strings in quarantine
> for so long? Visiting the above repo URL in the browser confirms no
> changes since Nov. 2nd, but I'm afraid I've missed something about it.

Unfortunately, there are currently some problems with the code dealing
with merge day, and Axel is still trying to figure out how to fix it.

While the number of strings is indeed quite high, the impact is not as
disruptive as it would look. Take for example the 75 strings reported
for Beta:
https://l10n.mozilla.org/dashboard/compare?run=852596

Most strings are in 2 files for about:devtools, which is not targeting
Firefox 58 (but the files ride the train nonetheless). That's the
first step of splitting DevTools out of Firefox: making it an add-on,
disabled by default on Beta and Release.

Other strings are in Form Autofill (a Nightly only feature for locales
other than en-US, but likely to ride the trains with 59).

Still, there are some user facing strings in there, so I hope we can
resume export next week. browser/preferences/main.ftl is also the
first experimental FTL string that we landed in Firefox, so I'd like
to see it localized early to catch any issue in the whole toolchain.

Francesco