No-namespace nodes, Web compat

Henri Sivonen
Does Web compat require no-namespace output nodes from XSLT to be
treated as HTML when the 'html' output method has not been specified?

Like here:
http://mxr.mozilla.org/mozilla-central/source/content/html/content/test/3
47174transform.xsl

--
Henri Sivonen
[hidden email]

Re: No-namespace nodes, Web compat

Jonas Sicking-2
Henri Sivonen wrote:
> Does Web compat require no-namespace output nodes from XSLT to be
> treated as HTML when the 'html' output method has not been specified?
>
> Like here:
> http://mxr.mozilla.org/mozilla-central/source/content/html/content/test/3
> 47174transform.xsl

That actually does specify the 'html' output method. It's just that it
does it implicitly.

See fourth paragraph in http://www.w3.org/TR/xslt#output , starting with
"The default for the"

If you output null namespaced nodes in the XML output method firefox
will create null-namespaced XML elements. I.e. not real HTML elements.
So they won't render as HTML elements, nor implement the HTML DOM APIs.

/ Jonas