No localized release of Thunderbird 3.1 alpha1

No localized release of Thunderbird 3.1 alpha1

Simon Paquet-2
Dear localizers,

I just wanted to inform you that the Thunderbird team will release the
upcoming Thunderbird 3.1 alpha1 (codename Lanikai) milestone only in
English. The reason is mostly that we haven't been able to setup an
application target for TB 3.1 on the l10n dashboard yet. The fact, that
Firefox also doesn't release its first alpha in localized versions also
played into that decision.

Our next scheduled release, Thunderbird 3.1 beta1 is scheduled to be
released roughly one month from now. This release will be a fully
localized release. I hope you will hop on board then.

Cya
Simon

--
Thunderbird/Calendar Localisation (L10n) Coordinator
Thunderbird l10n blog:       http://thunderbird-l10n.blogspot.com

Re: No localized release of Thunderbird 3.1 alpha1

Simon Paquet-2
Simon Paquet wrote on 18. Jan 2010:

> Dear localizers,

> I just wanted to inform you that the Thunderbird team will release the
> upcoming Thunderbird 3.1 alpha1 (codename Lanikai) milestone only in
> English. The reason is mostly that we haven't been able to setup an
> application target for TB 3.1 on the l10n dashboard yet. The fact, that
> Firefox also doesn't release its first alpha in localized versions also
> played into that decision.

One clarification:
There already is a tb31x target on the l10n dashboard, but it is
outdated, as it points to http://hg.mozilla.org/l10n-central/ instead
of http://hg.mozilla.org/releases/l10n-mozilla-1.9.2/

Cya
Simon

--
Thunderbird/Calendar Localisation (L10n) Coordinator
Thunderbird l10n blog:       http://thunderbird-l10n.blogspot.com
Calendar developer blog:     http://weblogs.mozillazine.org/calendar

Re: No localized release of Thunderbird 3.1 alpha1

Fjoerfoks
Simon,

Will 3.1 be taken from current 1.9.2, or will it be branched from central?

Kind regards,
Wim
[hidden email]
fjoerfoks.blogspot.com
www.mozilla-nl.org/
www.mozbrowser.nl
www.fryskesoftware.nl

Op 1/18/2010 10:28 AM, skreau Simon Paquet:

Fryske Firefox wrote on 18. Jan 2010:

> will 3.1 be taken from current 1.9.2, or will it be branched from
> central?

Currently the structure for TB 3.1 is:

Mailnews parts: http://hg.mozilla.org/comm-central
Platform parts: http://hg.mozilla.org/releases/mozilla-1.9.2
L10n parts:     http://hg.mozilla.org/releases/l10n-mozilla-1.9.2

Once we branch from comm-central the structure will be:

Mailnews parts: http://hg.mozilla.org/releases/comm-1.9.2
Platform parts: http://hg.mozilla.org/releases/mozilla-1.9.2
L10n parts:     http://hg.mozilla.org/releases/l10n-mozilla-1.9.2

The latter structure is still a few weeks away though. Hopefully this
clears things up.

Cya
Simon

--
Thunderbird/Calendar Localisation (L10n) Coordinator
Thunderbird l10n blog:       http://thunderbird-l10n.blogspot.com
Calendar developer blog:     http://weblogs.mozillazine.org/calendar

Re: No localized release of Thunderbird 3.1 alpha1

Jesper Kristensen-4
Den 18-01-2010 11:01, Simon Paquet skrev:

> Fryske Firefox wrote on 18. Jan 2010:
>
>> will 3.1 be taken from current 1.9.2, or will it be branched from
>> central?
>
> Currently the structure for TB 3.1 is:
>
> Mailnews parts: http://hg.mozilla.org/comm-central
> Platform parts: http://hg.mozilla.org/releases/mozilla-1.9.2
> L10n parts: http://hg.mozilla.org/releases/l10n-mozilla-1.9.2

Would it be possible to add information like this in the l10n dashboard?

Re: No localized release of Thunderbird 3.1 alpha1

Axel Hecht
On 18.01.10 15:33, Jesper Kristensen wrote:

> Den 18-01-2010 11:01, Simon Paquet skrev:
>> Fryske Firefox wrote on 18. Jan 2010:
>>
>>> will 3.1 be taken from current 1.9.2, or will it be branched from
>>> central?
>>
>> Currently the structure for TB 3.1 is:
>>
>> Mailnews parts: http://hg.mozilla.org/comm-central
>> Platform parts: http://hg.mozilla.org/releases/mozilla-1.9.2
>> L10n parts: http://hg.mozilla.org/releases/l10n-mozilla-1.9.2
>
> Would it be possible to add information like this in the l10n dashboard?

Working on it.

Axel

Re: No localized release of Thunderbird 3.1 alpha1

Simon Paquet-2
Simon Paquet wrote on 18. Jan 2010:

> I just wanted to inform you that the Thunderbird team will release
> the upcoming Thunderbird 3.1 alpha1 (codename Lanikai) milestone
> only in English. The reason is mostly that we haven't been able to
> setup an application target for TB 3.1 on the l10n dashboard yet.
> The fact, that Firefox also doesn't release its first alpha in
> localized versions also played into that decision.

We've reversed course on that issue, since we have a working l10n
dashboard now for TB 3.1 and because the TB 3.1 alpha1 release will
be postponed by one week.

I'll open up a (very short) opt-in thread shortly.

Cya
Simon

--
Thunderbird/Calendar Localisation (L10n) Coordinator
Thunderbird l10n blog:       http://thunderbird-l10n.blogspot.com
Calendar developer blog:     http://weblogs.mozillazine.org/calendar

Re: No localized release of Thunderbird 3.1 alpha1

Siarhei-2
На 01/18/2010 12:01 PM, Simon Paquet напісаў(ла):

> Fryske Firefox wrote on 18. Jan 2010:
>
>> will 3.1 be taken from current 1.9.2, or will it be branched from
>> central?
>
> Currently the structure for TB 3.1 is:
>
> Mailnews parts: http://hg.mozilla.org/comm-central
> Platform parts: http://hg.mozilla.org/releases/mozilla-1.9.2
> L10n parts: http://hg.mozilla.org/releases/l10n-mozilla-1.9.2

This mix of product repositories and l10n repositories is really confusing.

> Once we branch from comm-central the structure will be:
>
> Mailnews parts: http://hg.mozilla.org/releases/comm-1.9.2
> Platform parts: http://hg.mozilla.org/releases/mozilla-1.9.2
> L10n parts: http://hg.mozilla.org/releases/l10n-mozilla-1.9.2
>
> The latter structure is still a few weeks away though. Hopefully this
> clears things up.
>
> Cya
> Simon

With best regards,

Siarhei

Re: No localized release of Thunderbird 3.1 alpha1

Simon Paquet-3
Siarhei wrote:

>>> will 3.1 be taken from current 1.9.2, or will it be branched from
>>> central?
>>
>> Currently the structure for TB 3.1 is:
>>
>> Mailnews parts: http://hg.mozilla.org/comm-central
>> Platform parts: http://hg.mozilla.org/releases/mozilla-1.9.2
>> L10n parts: http://hg.mozilla.org/releases/l10n-mozilla-1.9.2
>
>This mix of product repositories and l10n repositories is really confusing.

Hi Siarhei,

do you have a better suggestion?

Personally I never liked the product and platform separation with
mozilla-central and comm-central and its derivative branch repositories.
But unfortunately the powers in charge did not listen to the likes of me,
when this was decided a 1-2 years ago.

Simon Paquet
--
Calendar website maintainer: http://www.calendar-project.org