No Trunk Builds for Firefox & Thunderbird since 2005-11-20?

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

No Trunk Builds for Firefox & Thunderbird since 2005-11-20?

Peter Lairo-2
Are there no *trunk* builds for Firefox & Thunderbird since 2005-11-20,
or did the update mechanism break in that build?

Selecting "Help / Check for Updates" yields "there are no new updates
available". The FTP directories(1&2) still seem to have current
versions. :-\

Has MoFo stopped offering trunk nightlies to "encourage" us to test the RCs?

(1) ftp://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/firefox/nightly/latest-trunk/
(2) ftp://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/thunderbird/nightly/latest-trunk/
--
Regards,

Peter Lairo

The browser you can trust:   www.GetFirefox.com
Reclaim Your Inbox:          www.GetThunderbird.com
_______________________________________________
Mozilla-seamonkey mailing list
[hidden email]
http://mail.mozilla.org/listinfo/mozilla-seamonkey
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: No Trunk Builds for Firefox & Thunderbird since 2005-11-20?

Michael Lefevre
On 2005-11-25, Peter Lairo <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Are there no *trunk* builds for Firefox & Thunderbird since 2005-11-20,
> or did the update mechanism break in that build?

Some combination of the two.

> Has MoFo stopped offering trunk nightlies to "encourage" us to test the RCs?

No, it just broke. However, fixing probably isn't the priority it might be
if they weren't in the middle of getting the release out.  It's been
discussed on the web forums and this blog entry has info
http://coop.deadsquid.com/?p=530

--
Michael
_______________________________________________
Mozilla-seamonkey mailing list
[hidden email]
http://mail.mozilla.org/listinfo/mozilla-seamonkey
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: No Trunk Builds for Firefox & Thunderbird since 2005-11-20?

Peter Lairo-2
Michael Lefevre said on 26.11.2005 02:23:
> On 2005-11-25, Peter Lairo <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Has MoFo stopped offering trunk nightlies to "encourage" us to test the RCs?
>
> No, it just broke. However, fixing probably isn't the priority it might be
> if they weren't in the middle of getting the release out.  It's been
> discussed on the web forums and this blog entry has info
> http://coop.deadsquid.com/?p=530

I read that blog, but it mentions *branch* where I'm using th *trunk*.
Come to think of it, if the branch updates are broken, wouldn't that
also affect the *very* soon to come Firefox 1.5?

Anyhow, thanks for the reply. I'll manually update until the problem is
fixed... (assuming "manual" means downloading from FTP and running
setup.exe)

--
Regards,

Peter Lairo

The browser you can trust:   www.GetFirefox.com
Reclaim Your Inbox:          www.GetThunderbird.com
_______________________________________________
Mozilla-seamonkey mailing list
[hidden email]
http://mail.mozilla.org/listinfo/mozilla-seamonkey
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: No Trunk Builds for Firefox & Thunderbird since 2005-11-20?

Matt Nordhoff
On 11/26/05 15:37, Peter Lairo wrote:

> Michael Lefevre said on 26.11.2005 02:23:
>> On 2005-11-25, Peter Lairo <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>> Has MoFo stopped offering trunk nightlies to "encourage" us to test
>>> the RCs?
>>
>> No, it just broke. However, fixing probably isn't the priority it
>> might be
>> if they weren't in the middle of getting the release out.  It's been
>> discussed on the web forums and this blog entry has info
>> http://coop.deadsquid.com/?p=530
>
> I read that blog, but it mentions *branch* where I'm using th *trunk*.
> Come to think of it, if the branch updates are broken, wouldn't that
> also affect the *very* soon to come Firefox 1.5?
>
> Anyhow, thanks for the reply. I'll manually update until the problem is
> fixed... (assuming "manual" means downloading from FTP and running
> setup.exe)

Bonsai [1] says that there's only been one checkin to MOZILLA_1_8_BRANCH
in the last week, so it wouldn't be much of an issue (though the checkin
is important for that locale).
--
Replace the point in my email address with a period to reply. ;-)
_______________________________________________
Mozilla-seamonkey mailing list
[hidden email]
http://mail.mozilla.org/listinfo/mozilla-seamonkey