Newsgroup postings

garth2007
Is there any way to just view my postings and the people I've posted to?

Re: Newsgroup postings

Tony Mechelynck
garth wrote:
> Is there any way to just view my postings and the people I've posted to?

To view just your posts is easy but not necessarily useful: use the search box
at right above the list of posts (setting the drop-down list to "Sender"). To
view only the threads in which you've participated, I'm not sure.

Best regards,
Tony

Re: Newsgroup postings

Leonidas Jones
Tony Mechelynck wrote:

> garth wrote:
>> Is there any way to just view my postings and the people I've posted to?
>
> To view just your posts is easy but not necessarily useful: use the
> search box at right above the list of posts (setting the drop-down list
> to "Sender"). To view only the threads in which you've participated, I'm
> not sure.
>

> Best regards,
> Tony

Mark them Watched, then View>>Threads>>Watched Threads with Unread

Lee

Re: Newsgroup postings

Irwin Greenwald-3
Leonidas Jones wrote:

> Tony Mechelynck wrote:
>> garth wrote:
>>> Is there any way to just view my postings and the people I've posted to?
>>
>> To view just your posts is easy but not necessarily useful: use the
>> search box at right above the list of posts (setting the drop-down
>> list to "Sender"). To view only the threads in which you've
>> participated, I'm not sure.
>>

>> Best regards,
>> Tony
>
> Mark them Watched, then View>>Threads>>Watched Threads with Unread
>
> Lee
A neat way to automate the process is to create a *server level* filter:

If from contains garth
Watch thread

--
Irwin

Requests for help sent to my email address will be ignored

Managing TB Profiles: http://www.mozilla.org/support/thunderbird/profile
Managing FF Profiles: http://www.mozilla.org/support/firefox/profile

Re: Newsgroup postings

garth2007
Irwin Greenwald wrote:

> Leonidas Jones wrote:
>> Tony Mechelynck wrote:
>>>
>>> To view just your posts is easy but not necessarily useful: use the
>>> search box at right above the list of posts (setting the drop-down
>>> list to "Sender"). To view only the threads in which you've
>>> participated, I'm not sure.
>>>

>>> Best regards,
>>> Tony
>>
>> Mark them Watched, then View>>Threads>>Watched Threads with Unread
>>
>> Lee
> A neat way to automate the process is to create a *server level* filter:
>
> If from contains garth
> Watch thread

I'm looking for a method within the program itself.

Re: Newsgroup postings

JM-43
"garth"  wrote ...
> Is there any way to just view my postings and the people I've posted to?

see
   http://groups.google.com/
also set your preferences  in preferances and see the advanced page

You can use the Firefox  search bar  if you have  Google Groups in it.
   author:[hidden email]  group:mozilla.*
using your email address

If you were posting in   mozilla.support.firefox
you could include        group:mozilla.support.firefox
or    for both groups    group:mozilla.*

at the bottom of the Google Groups results,  you would  use
the  "repeat the search with the omitted results included."   to get more results.

Since you have a gmail account,  you can use that and
to sign on and can reply through Google Groups,  or you
can use the other method(s) described which are probably
related to Thunderbird since that is how you posted your message.
--
David McRitchie,  Firefox customizations/extensions notes, see
 http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/firefox/firefox.htm

Re: Newsgroup postings

garth2007
David McRitchie wrote:

> "garth"  wrote ...
>> Is there any way to just view my postings and the people I've posted to?
>
> see
>    http://groups.google.com/
> also set your preferences  in preferances and see the advanced page
>
> You can use the Firefox  search bar  if you have  Google Groups in it.
>    author:[hidden email]  group:mozilla.*
> using your email address
>
> If you were posting in   mozilla.support.firefox
> you could include        group:mozilla.support.firefox
> or    for both groups    group:mozilla.*
>
> at the bottom of the Google Groups results,  you would  use
> the  "repeat the search with the omitted results included."   to get more results.
>
> Since you have a gmail account,  you can use that and
> to sign on and can reply through Google Groups,  or you
> can use the other method(s) described which are probably
> related to Thunderbird since that is how you posted your message.

I only use google for email.

Re: Newsgroup postings

JM-43
"Garth" <[hidden email]> wrote in message
> > Since you have a gmail account,  you can use that and
> > to sign on and can reply through Google Groups,  or you
> > can use the other method(s) described which are probably
> > related to Thunderbird since that is how you posted your message.
>
> I only use google for email.

Yep, it's hard to write something that won't be misunderstood.  I'm only
saying that since you have a Gmail account you can use that to reply
to something you lookup using Google Groups as a registered Google,
user,  like when you can't find your own posing in your newsreader.
Having found it in Google Groups you are already
there -- trying to find it again in Thunderbird or whatever use for a
newsreader would be additional work.   Just be careful in replying, you
only want to reply to questions/responses that have been posted in the last seven
days -- as with anything that is only a general rule of thumb.

Garth wrote:

> Irwin Greenwald wrote:

>>> Mark them Watched, then View>>Threads>>Watched Threads with Unread
>>>
>>> Lee
>> A neat way to automate the process is to create a *server level* filter:
>>
>> If from contains garth
>> Watch thread
>>
> I'm looking for a method within the program itself.

My suggestion and Irwin's addition *are* within the program.

Lee

Re: Newsgroup postings

garth2007
David McRitchie wrote:

> "Garth" <[hidden email]> wrote in message
>>> Since you have a gmail account,  you can use that and
>>> to sign on and can reply through Google Groups,  or you
>>> can use the other method(s) described which are probably
>>> related to Thunderbird since that is how you posted your message.
>> I only use google for email.
>
> Yep, it's hard to write something that won't be misunderstood.  I'm only
> saying that since you have a Gmail account you can use that to reply
> to something you lookup using Google Groups as a registered Google,
> user,  like when you can't find your own posing in your newsreader.
> Having found it in Google Groups you are already
> there -- trying to find it again in Thunderbird or whatever use for a
> newsreader would be additional work.   Just be careful in replying, you
> only want to reply to questions/responses that have been posted in the last seven
> days -- as with anything that is only a general rule of thumb.

Yes even more reason to want to download by day or week and not the
amount of messages.