News from the frenchmozilla glossaries

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
7 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

News from the frenchmozilla glossaries

Philippe-3
Hi all.

I've got the time to update several things on the frenchmozilla
glossaries (transvision).

Firstly the tmx files are now based on the 1.9.2 branch.
The frenchmozilla repository is also following the 1.9.2 branch.
( http://hg.frenchmozilla.fr )
Secondly, the backend script is now in python and is using the silme
python lib.

For the future, I hope to be able to put these scripts on the l10n
server (included in the buildbots scripts ?) as we don't have enought
disk space to host the various branches and trunk for each locales.

I also plan to improve the php glossary files used for the web pages.
I'm open to suggestions and improvement requests if you have any (and
for help to do it).

The main place to find the glossary for your locale is :

http://www.frenchmozilla.fr/glossaire/

you only have to choose your locale and begin a search.

The search options are :  case sensitive, with regular Expression or
using the * wildcard.

 From the main page of your locale glossary you can also use the
alignement tool, the duplicate tool and the entity tool (links on the
bottom of each pages).

Note also that the tmx files can be downloaded from the directory :

http://www.frenchmozilla.fr/glossaire/TMX/

At demand, I can also make tmx files from one locale to another (the
default is english to locale).


The various scripts used on this glossary are available via the
http://www.frenchmozilla.fr/glossaire/tools/ mercurial repository.

I've also played with the en-US_french tmx file to produce an automatic
term to term glossary. It is not perfect, it run only on mathematica for
now (and is cpu time consumming to produce).
The results can be seen on the page :
http://www.frenchmozilla.fr/glossaire/fr/Term2Term/
I can produce it also for your locale if you want.
I don't think it is really usefull, it was just fun to do it :)


If you want some advice on how these tools can help you improve your
translations, just ask me or the main user of the French glossary :
Goofy on irc.

The old documentation page is here (in english) :

http://wiki.frenchmozilla.fr/wiki/index.php/Scripts_de_glossaire


Hope these tools will help you in your work.

Have a nice week end at the Fosdem.

Philippe
_______________________________________________
dev-l10n mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.mozilla.org/listinfo/dev-l10n
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: News from the frenchmozilla glossaries

Fjoerfoks
Hi Philippe,

Great work.
Some parse errors on http://www.frenchmozilla.fr/glossaire/
for bd-IN, el, es-CL, fy-NL, hi-IN, kk, kn, ml, mn, mr, oc, rw, si, te,

Kind regards,
Wim
[hidden email]
fjoerfoks.blogspot.com
www.mozilla-nl.org/
www.mozbrowser.nl
www.fryskesoftware.nl

Op 2/4/2010 12:21 AM, skreau Philippe:

> Hi all.
>
> I've got the time to update several things on the frenchmozilla
> glossaries (transvision).
>
> Firstly the tmx files are now based on the 1.9.2 branch.
> The frenchmozilla repository is also following the 1.9.2 branch.
> ( http://hg.frenchmozilla.fr )
> Secondly, the backend script is now in python and is using the silme
> python lib.
>
> For the future, I hope to be able to put these scripts on the l10n
> server (included in the buildbots scripts ?) as we don't have enought
> disk space to host the various branches and trunk for each locales.
>
> I also plan to improve the php glossary files used for the web pages.
> I'm open to suggestions and improvement requests if you have any (and
> for help to do it).
>
> The main place to find the glossary for your locale is :
>
> http://www.frenchmozilla.fr/glossaire/
>
> you only have to choose your locale and begin a search.
>
> The search options are :  case sensitive, with regular Expression or
> using the * wildcard.
>
> From the main page of your locale glossary you can also use the
> alignement tool, the duplicate tool and the entity tool (links on the
> bottom of each pages).
>
> Note also that the tmx files can be downloaded from the directory :
>
> http://www.frenchmozilla.fr/glossaire/TMX/
>
> At demand, I can also make tmx files from one locale to another (the
> default is english to locale).
>
>
> The various scripts used on this glossary are available via the
> http://www.frenchmozilla.fr/glossaire/tools/ mercurial repository.
>
> I've also played with the en-US_french tmx file to produce an
> automatic term to term glossary. It is not perfect, it run only on
> mathematica for now (and is cpu time consumming to produce).
> The results can be seen on the page :
> http://www.frenchmozilla.fr/glossaire/fr/Term2Term/
> I can produce it also for your locale if you want.
> I don't think it is really usefull, it was just fun to do it :)
>
>
> If you want some advice on how these tools can help you improve your
> translations, just ask me or the main user of the French glossary :
> Goofy on irc.
>
> The old documentation page is here (in english) :
>
> http://wiki.frenchmozilla.fr/wiki/index.php/Scripts_de_glossaire
>
>
> Hope these tools will help you in your work.
>
> Have a nice week end at the Fosdem.
>
> Philippe
> _______________________________________________
> dev-l10n mailing list
> [hidden email]
> https://lists.mozilla.org/listinfo/dev-l10n
>
_______________________________________________
dev-l10n mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.mozilla.org/listinfo/dev-l10n
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: News from the frenchmozilla glossaries

Philippe-3
In reply to this post by Philippe-3
Le 04/02/2010 08:46, Fryske Firefox a écrit :
> Hi Philippe,
>
> Great work.
> Some parse errors on http://www.frenchmozilla.fr/glossaire/
> for bd-IN, el, es-CL, fy-NL, hi-IN, kk, kn, ml, mn, mr, oc, rw, si, te,
>

Hi, thanks for spotting this.
Everything should be working now (except en-ZA which has en empty
repository for 1.9.2)

Philippe
_______________________________________________
dev-l10n mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.mozilla.org/listinfo/dev-l10n
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: News from the frenchmozilla glossaries

Philippe-3
In reply to this post by Philippe-3
You can now find search plugins for your locale at the page :

http://www.frenchmozilla.fr/glossaire/searchplugins/

Thanks to goofy for the search plugins skeleton.

Philippe
_______________________________________________
dev-l10n mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.mozilla.org/listinfo/dev-l10n
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: News from the frenchmozilla glossaries

Seth Bindernagel
Just to follow up a bit on this thread, I have found this tool very
helpful when introducing new localizers to projects.  For instance, as
we engage new localizers to take on the work of prior contributors, they
can use this tool to see how words and phrases were translated in the
past.  Also, as they begin to increase their translations, new
contributors to a locale can use the tool to see how team members
previously translated Mozilla stuff.

Overall, it's a very useful tool for locales to share among team members
for QA, terminology checking, new contributor "training", and more.  
Great work guys!

Philippe wrote:

> You can now find search plugins for your locale at the page :
>
> http://www.frenchmozilla.fr/glossaire/searchplugins/
>
> Thanks to goofy for the search plugins skeleton.
>
> Philippe
> _______________________________________________
> dev-l10n mailing list
> [hidden email]
> https://lists.mozilla.org/listinfo/dev-l10n 
_______________________________________________
dev-l10n mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.mozilla.org/listinfo/dev-l10n
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: News from the frenchmozilla glossaries

F Wolff-2
Op Wo, 2010-02-17 om 18:11 +0800 skryf Seth Bindernagel:

> Just to follow up a bit on this thread, I have found this tool very
> helpful when introducing new localizers to projects.  For instance,
> as
> we engage new localizers to take on the work of prior contributors,
> they
> can use this tool to see how words and phrases were translated in the
> past.  Also, as they begin to increase their translations, new
> contributors to a locale can use the tool to see how team members
> previously translated Mozilla stuff.
>
> Overall, it's a very useful tool for locales to share among team
> members
> for QA, terminology checking, new contributor "training", and more.  
> Great work guys!

A good place to see previous translations is at http://open-tran.eu/

It allows you to see Mozilla translations and compare with other
projects, so that you can also consider consistency with what is
happening elsewhere in FOSS.

The Virtaal translation tool automatically integrates with Open-Tran and
shows suggestions and their origin.

Friedel

--
Translate with Virtaal!  http://virtaal.org/

_______________________________________________
dev-l10n mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.mozilla.org/listinfo/dev-l10n
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: News from the frenchmozilla glossaries

Cédric Corazza
In reply to this post by Seth Bindernagel
Le 17/02/2010 11:27, F Wolff a écrit :
> It allows you to see Mozilla translations and compare with other
> projects, so that you can also consider consistency with what is
> happening elsewhere in FOSS.
>
> The Virtaal translation tool automatically integrates with Open-Tran and
> shows suggestions and their origin.

Well, maybe I misread, but the point here is not to make advertising for
tools you liked or for which you contributed to.
The good place to see previous translations from Mozilla products is...
taken from Mozilla repos directly imo.
For what is happening is other FLOSS projects, all the localization
teams are aware of this, as they often contributes to other FLOSS
projects, discusses with them; this is the localization job we are all
doing.
My humble opinion is that, if you want to advertize some other tool,
please, don't use an existing thread, just open a new one. This one is
to get some feedback, let the Mozilla localizers aware of this tool, and
get some proposals to enhance it.

Regards

Cédric
_______________________________________________
dev-l10n mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.mozilla.org/listinfo/dev-l10n