News about the Mozilla l10n-drivers team

News about the Mozilla l10n-drivers team

Jeff Beatty
Hello everyone,

Some of you may already be aware, but recently there were some big changes
made to the l10n-drivers team.

The biggest of these changes is that Chris Hofmann has stepped away from
Mozilla after more than a decade of service. During his time, Chris ran a
number of projects including starting mobile engineering. More recently,
he’s been running l10n and our bug bounty program. We wish him the very
best. I've been asked to lead the l10n-drivers team in Chris's place as
Head of Localization.

Another change is that Pascal and Arky are moving on to other projects.
We're grateful for their years of service to l10n and wish them the best in
their future efforts.

Finally, we've made some specific decisions on team structure and
responsibilities. I'm very happy to introduce you to the new l10n-drivers
team organization:

*Technical Group*
The technical group's focus is on simplifying the l10n process through
tooling and automation for product development teams and the localization
community. Additionally, they are dedicated to experimenting with
state-of-the-art solutions from the localization industry and aligning our
technology within the industry standards to ensure a higher degree of
interoperability. The members of this team are:

   - Axel Hecht -- Technical Lead

   - Staś Małolepszy -- L10n/I18n engineer (L20n, mozIntl, ECMA 402)

   - Zibi Braniecki -- L10n/I18n engineer (L20n, mozIntl, ECMA 402)

   - Matjaž Horvat -- L10n engineer (Pontoon)

*Technical Project Management (TPM) Group*
The PM group's role is to be the intermediary between Mozilla dev teams and
the l10n community to make sure we're able to ship fully localizable
products with the highest possible localization coverage from release to
release. They seek to represent the community within decisions involving
l10n and work to empower and support l10n communities. They also manage
project communications for their corresponding projects and perform the
practical technical tasks associated with delivering localizations for
their projects. The members of this team are:

   - Jeff Beatty -- Head of Localization/TPM Group Lead

   - Francesco Lodolo -- Technical Project Manager (Firefox)

   - Delphine Lebédel -- Technical Project Manager (Android & iOS product &
   app stores)

   - Peiying Mo -- Technical Project Manager (mozilla.org, marketing,
   legal, etc.)

If you have any questions, we're always happy to respond. For any
additional info about our updated mission for l10n, please see this blog
post
https://blog.mozilla.org/l10n/2016/05/05/new-directions-for-the-mozilla-l10n-drivers/
. As always, thank you for your time and your efforts to break down
language barriers on the Web.

Thanks,
Jeff

Re: News about the Mozilla l10n-drivers team

Biraj Karmakar-2
Hi Jeff!

Thanks for these updates. This is quite helpful for contributors to whom
should we contact.

Thank You

Biraj Karmakar
Twitter :*@birajkarmakar*

On Fri, May 6, 2016 at 3:00 AM, Jeff Beatty <[hidden email]> wrote:

> [...]
> their projects. The members of this team are:
>
>    - Jeff Beatty -- Head of Localization/TPM Group Lead
>

>    - Francesco Lodolo -- Technical Project Manager (Firefox)
>

>    - Delphine Lebédel -- Technical Project Manager (Android & iOS product &
>    app stores)
>

>    - Peiying Mo -- Technical Project Manager (mozilla.org, marketing,
>    legal, etc.)
>

> If you have any questions, we're always happy to respond. For any
> additional info about our updated mission for l10n, please see this blog
> post
>
> https://blog.mozilla.org/l10n/2016/05/05/new-directions-for-the-mozilla-l10n-drivers/
> . As always, thank you for your time and your efforts to break down
> language barriers on the Web.
>
> Thanks,
> Jeff

Re: News about the Mozilla l10n-drivers team

Leandro Regueiro

> Hello everyone,
>
> Some of you may already be aware, but recently there were some big changes
> made to the l10n-drivers team.
>
> The biggest of these changes is that Chris Hofmann has stepped away from
> Mozilla after more than a decade of service. During his time, Chris ran a
> number of projects including starting mobile engineering. More recently,
> he’s been running l10n and our bug bounty program. We wish him the very
> best. I've been asked to lead the l10n-drivers team in Chris's place as
> Head of Localization.
>
> Another change is that Pascal and Arky are moving on to other projects.
> We're grateful for their years of service to l10n and wish them the best in
> their future efforts.
>
> Finally, we've made some specific decisions on team structure and
> responsibilities. I'm very happy to introduce you to the new l10n-drivers
> team organization:
>
> *Technical Group*
> The technical group's focus is on simplifying the l10n process through
> tooling and automation for product development teams and the localization
> community. Additionally, they are dedicated to experimenting with
> state-of-the-art solutions from the localization industry and aligning our
> technology within the industry standards to ensure a higher degree of
> interoperability. The members of this team are:
>
>    - Axel Hecht -- Technical Lead
>

>    - Staś Małolepszy -- L10n/I18n engineer (L20n, mozIntl, ECMA 402)
>

>    - Zibi Braniecki -- L10n/I18n engineer (L20n, mozIntl, ECMA 402)
>

>    - Matjaž Horvat -- L10n engineer (Pontoon)
>

> *Technical Project Management (TPM) Group*
> The PM group's role is to be the intermediary between Mozilla dev teams and
> the l10n community to make sure we're able to ship fully localizable
> products with the highest possible localization coverage from release to
> release. They seek to represent the community within decisions involving
> l10n and work to empower and support l10n communities. They also manage
> project communications for their corresponding projects and perform the
> practical technical tasks associated with delivering localizations for
> their projects. The members of this team are:
>
>    - Jeff Beatty -- Head of Localization/TPM Group Lead
>

>    - Francesco Lodolo -- Technical Project Manager (Firefox)
>

>    - Delphine Lebédel -- Technical Project Manager (Android & iOS product &
>    app stores)
>

>    - Peiying Mo -- Technical Project Manager (mozilla.org, marketing,
>    legal, etc.)

Hi,
I have been trying to find who is managing l10n for projects like
Thunderbird, Lightning or Seamonkey. Can you please help?

Thanks in advance

> If you have any questions, we're always happy to respond. For any
> additional info about our updated mission for l10n, please see this blog
> post
> https://blog.mozilla.org/l10n/2016/05/05/new-directions-for-the-mozilla-l10n-drivers/
> . As always, thank you for your time and your efforts to break down
> language barriers on the Web.
>
> Thanks,
> Jeff

Re: News about the Mozilla l10n-drivers team

Philipp Kewisch-2
On 7/2/16 11:05 AM, Leandro Regueiro wrote:
> Hi,
> I have been trying to find who is managing l10n for projects like
> Thunderbird, Lightning or Seamonkey. Can you please help?
>

> Thanks in advance

Hi Leandro,

I am managing l10n for Thunderbird and Lightning.

Philipp