Newlines and whitespace in texts in aboutTelemetry.dtd

Newlines and whitespace in texts in aboutTelemetry.dtd

Eduardo Trápani
Hi,

When I try to save the translations Pontoon[1] complains that I'm
missing newlines.

I checked other locales and they have newlines, before and after, also
whitespace.

Should I keep them? Does anybody know why they show up in the original
strings?

Eduardo.

[1]
https://pontoon.mozilla.org/eo/firefox/toolkit/chrome/global/aboutTelemetry.dtd

Re: Newlines and whitespace in texts in aboutTelemetry.dtd

Francesco Lodolo [:flod]
Just ignore the quality checks in Pontoon, you're free to drop those
newlines (I did, they're irrelevant).
As of today, I still don't know why they decided to use that weird formatting.

Now that we only have Pontoon as localization tool besides direct
edits on Mercurial, we might want to fix it (Pootle would have marked
all those strings as fuzzy).

Francesco