Newbie Install help on Windows 2003 IIS6

Newbie Install help on Windows 2003 IIS6

ade-6
Hi all,
Banging my head with this one a bit

All went ok installing 2.18.1 version of Bugzilla until i tried to get
the web site to return something.

I followed everthing in
(1)http://www.bugzilla.org/docs/win32install.html
and the IIS specific part
(2)http://www.bugzilla.org/docs/2.18/html/configuration.html#http-iis

I can serve .pl and .plx files with no problem.

The problem is .cgi files

My set up is
http://<host>/bugzilla/
where bugzilla is mapped via virtual dir from C:\bugzilla-2.18.1/ (as
per 2 above)

The issue is when i call this url it gets returned as a 404 error. I
have set up index.cgi as a default doc, but even calling
http://<host>/bugzilla/index.cgi gives the same.
In fact calling any file that ends in .cgi gives the same even ones
that have a bit of text in them.
I have tried serving the padlock.png file and this works so i know it
can find the virtual dir.

I set up the .cgi extension for the virtual dir as...(as per (2) above)
c:\perl\bin\perl.exe -xC:\bugzilla-2.18.1 -wT "%s" %s
POST,GET
SCRIPT ENGINE = YES
Verify file exists = NO

Execute permission is given on Scripts and Executables.

I tried changing the extension for .cgi to
c:\perl\bin\perl.exe  "%s" %s
as per this post
http://groups-beta.google.com/group/netscape.public.mozilla.webtools/browse_thread/thread/4701aa166e87f589/1531ae4ff27da10c?q=iis+6&rnum=1#1531ae4ff27da10c
But this returned no content, but the page was found also using
perlis.dll also works like this too.

Thanks in advance

Re: Newbie Install help on Windows 2003 IIS6

byron jones
> I can serve .pl and .plx files with no problem.

you *shouldn't* serve .pl and .plx files.  bugzilla's .pl scrips are not
designed to be run via cgi.

> The issue is when i call this url it gets returned as a 404 error.

404 means not found.  double check that you have the correct path specified as
local path (virtual web properties, home directory tab, local path).

a quick way to check this is to try to access http://<host>/bugzilla/ant.jpg

-byron

begin-base64 644 signature.gif
R0lGODlhbQAHAIAAAABPo////ywAAAAAbQAHAAACfAxuGAnch+Bibkn7FL1p
XgVl4Ig1jjlZRoqybgun2Cur5uOunq7u/Ipq7WIyIc7XG9JquEgumPzdlhTf
h0O83kDJaXEm8mRHwXKJy5sac7qYOpT+gtv0n+0ujQOfdqh16caWt0foBViH
N1PRMXimiLUGt3ElVimlgbllWAAAOw==
====

Re: Newbie Install help on Windows 2003 IIS6

ade-6
I realise that the plx and pl files shouldnt be servable from bugzilla
dir, but i wanted to demonstrate that i had this funcionality i.e. that
this installed ok and that this wasnt an issue.

The post also states that the virtual dir was accessable as i could
request the padlock.png file. I also stated that it was possible that i
could request the index.cgi for a .cgi mapping of  c:\perl\bin\perl.exe
 "%s" %s  and no content was returned as opposed to 404 that occurs
with  c:\perl\bin\perl.exe -xC:\bugzilla-2.18.1 -wT "%s" %s.

 c:\perl\bin\perl.exe -xC:\bugzilla-2.18.1 -wT "%s" %s

I did notice that with a bespoke extension e.g. .spz IIS returns this
as 404 until you provide a mime mapping i.e. .spz = text/html, so I
tried to create one for .cgi files, but it made no difference.

Any more ideas?

Re: Newbie Install help on Windows 2003 IIS6

Jake-9
I was able to get this working after doing 2 things.
1. Give IUSR_Machinename write permissions to the /data directory
2. Remove the "T" from the end of every CGI file in the bugzilla directory.

Also, I use perlis.dll in the .cgi scriptmap, and I do not have CGI listed
in the MimeTypes.

If you want to ask me any questions about this or IIS6, you can find me at
http://www.iis-resources.com

Jake

"Ade" <[hidden email]> wrote in message
news:[hidden email]...

>I realise that the plx and pl files shouldnt be servable from bugzilla
> dir, but i wanted to demonstrate that i had this funcionality i.e. that
> this installed ok and that this wasnt an issue.
>
> The post also states that the virtual dir was accessable as i could
> request the padlock.png file. I also stated that it was possible that i
> could request the index.cgi for a .cgi mapping of  c:\perl\bin\perl.exe
> "%s" %s  and no content was returned as opposed to 404 that occurs
> with  c:\perl\bin\perl.exe -xC:\bugzilla-2.18.1 -wT "%s" %s.
>
> c:\perl\bin\perl.exe -xC:\bugzilla-2.18.1 -wT "%s" %s
>
> I did notice that with a bespoke extension e.g. .spz IIS returns this
> as 404 until you provide a mime mapping i.e. .spz = text/html, so I
> tried to create one for .cgi files, but it made no difference.
>
> Any more ideas?

RE: Newbie Install help on Windows 2003 IIS6

Jason Farmer

I installed 2.18.1 on Tuesday on Server 2003 and IIS. I kept getting
"page could not be found" for index.cgi.

I fixed this by going to web service extensions folder in IIS. If you
select this you should see an entry for Unknown CGI (or similar). And it
will be set "Prohibited" Set it to allow and your index.cgi file will
work correctly

Regards,

Jason Farmer

Tel: 0870 600 5656

[hidden email]

Crimson Limited www.crimson.co.uk

This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and it may
be privileged. It is intended solely for the use of the individual or
entity to whom it is addressed. The views expressed may not be official
policy, but the personal views of the originator.

Whilst Crimson Limited and the sender have taken every precaution to
prevent transmission of computer viruses, should this inadvertently
occur we do not accept any liability. Please check for viruses before
accessing attachments.

If you have received this in error, please do not use, disclose,
distribute, copy, print or rely on this email - contact the sender and
delete the material immediately.