New version of Fire Vox

Charles Chen-2
Sticky modifier keys are now available. It is now possible to use
"Pause/Break" to toggle on sticky modifier keys; when sticky modifier
keys are on, all key presses are treated as if Ctrl and Shift were being
held down. Pressing "Pause/Break" again will turn off sticky modifier
keys and allow you to type normally.

Also, this release adds support for WAI-ARIA channel, labelledby,
describedby, and busy; has better table handling; uses smarter highlight
behavior (automatic unhighlight if an area that is not highlighted is
clicked); and no longer causes the selection to disappear when the "say
selected text" command is used.

The Mozilla WAI ARIA Live Regions page has been updated to reflect the
changes:
http://developer.mozilla.org/en/docs/AJAX:WAI_ARIA_Live_Regions#Current_Status_of_Fire_Vox_Support

Right now, all the official WAI-ARIA Live Region properties except for
controls=[idlist] is supported in Fire Vox. labelledby support can be
improved once the relationship between labels and their targets are
available in both directions.

http://firevox.clcworld.net/clc-4-tts_bundle_v3.2_release.xpi

-Charles

In other news...

Charles Chen-2
I've also released a new version of CLiCk, Speak that comes with the
option to use extra large icons. The extra large icons were available on
the Mozilla Live Access CD if CLiCk, Speak with HiVis theme was chosen,
but before this, they have not been publically available on the
internet. The main holdup caused by not being able to release an
extension theme pack to change just the icons of my extension without
touching the code + not wanting to maintain two separate builds (one for
regular sized icons and one for extra large). I finally solved this
problem by creating the extra large icons as a duplicate set of icons
that mapped to the same functions as the regular icons. Thus, it is
possible to use Customize Toolbars to select the extra large icons and
use those and just leave the regular sized icons alone.

http://clickspeak.clcworld.net/clickspeak_bundle_v1.4_release.xpi

Also, I launched the CLC Laboratory of Coolness. This is a place for me
to put up side projects that aren't directly related to Fire Vox nor
CLiCk, Speak. First side project uploaded is the source code for the CLC
Start Menu from the Mozilla Live Access CD earlier this year at CSUN.
I'm already working on a completely revamped version that is far more
flexible and powerful, but I figured I might as well release the source
code for the CSUN version sooner rather than later since I had already
told Aaron that I would open source it and there was interest in the
Mozilla community in having the launcher be open source (if only for the
principle of the matter).

http://lab.clcworld.net/clc_start_(moz_live_cd_2007).zip

-Charles