New version of Fire Vox - Support added for the Mac's built in TTS!

New version of Fire Vox - Support added for the Mac's built in TTS!

Charles Chen-2
New version of Fire Vox released today. This is the release that Mac
lovers have been waiting for! Support for the built-in Apple voices! I'd
write more in this release post but I'm guessing that most Mac owners
have already stopped reading at this point and are hitting my download
page. This release also includes some optimizations/stability fixes for
Orca users.

Enjoy!

Direct link:
http://firevox.clcworld.net/clc-4-tts_bundle_v3.6_release.xpi

-Charles
http://clcworld.net

Note:
This is my first shot at doing Cocoa programming and I developed this on
an Intel-based Mac laptop running OS X Tiger. So far, I've tested it on
other Intel-based Macs running Tiger and those have all been able to run
it fine. But I'm curious as to whether this will work on a PPC-based Mac
or on OS X Leopard (Intel or PPC) - my guess is that it won't work on
PPC-based Macs but will work on Intel-based ones running Leopard. If you
have one of those configurations and have tried this, please let me know
if it worked for you or not. Thanks!

Re: New version of Fire Vox - Support added for the Mac's built in TTS!

Ken Saunders-2
Congrats and thanks Charles!
Ken

www.AccessFirefox.org

On Jan 10, 8:57 pm, Charles Chen <[hidden email]> wrote:

> New version of Fire Vox released today. This is the release that Mac
> lovers have been waiting for! Support for the built-in Apple voices! I'd
> write more in this release post but I'm guessing that most Mac owners
> have already stopped reading at this point and are hitting my download
> page. This release also includes some optimizations/stability fixes for
> Orca users.
>
> Enjoy!
>
> Direct link:http://firevox.clcworld.net/clc-4-tts_bundle_v3.6_release.xpi
>
> -Charleshttp://clcworld.net
>
> Note:
> This is my first shot at doing Cocoa programming and I developed this on
> an Intel-based Mac laptop running OS X Tiger. So far, I've tested it on
> other Intel-based Macs running Tiger and those have all been able to run
> it fine. But I'm curious as to whether this will work on a PPC-based Mac
> or on OS X Leopard (Intel or PPC) - my guess is that it won't work on
> PPC-based Macs but will work on Intel-based ones running Leopard. If you
> have one of those configurations and have tried this, please let me know
> if it worked for you or not. Thanks!

Re: New version of Fire Vox - Support added for the Mac's built in TTS!

aurelien.levy@gmail.com
Great news !

By the way did you correct the sticky modifier key on osX because we
do no have Pause/Break key.
In the past, I have also report an possible enhancement on List of
form in the Elements Menu ( group them by fieldset/legend if
available) any news from that ?

Aurélien