New strings in toolkit - How to get your locale into Thunderbird 3.0 b1 and SeaMonkey 2 a2 releases

New strings in toolkit - How to get your locale into Thunderbird 3.0 b1 and SeaMonkey 2 a2 releases

wladow-2
As you may have noticed there are new strings that landed in toolkit
yesterday (Bug 277296, changelog
http://hg.mozilla.org/mozilla-central/rev/1551ebc4dbaa). They are making
l10n process a little bit more complicated, sorry about that. What you
should do if you want to be part of upcoming Thunderbird and/or
SeaMonkey releases:

*Thunderbird 3.0 Beta 1*
1) if you have already posted the final revision in appropriate .l10n
thread, you're done and don't have to do anything now (and you can fix
new toolkit strings)
2) if you want to post a new revision or you're just completing your
work, please skip revision
http://hg.mozilla.org/mozilla-central/rev/1551ebc4dbaa and *do not*
touch printdialog.dtd, printjoboptions.dtd and printPageSetup.dtd files
updated in this revision. You can do other changes in these files, of
course.
3) once you're done, dashboard should report 36 missing strings in
toolkit for your locale. If so, it's ok and you're done. If not, please
fix outstanding strings.
4) post a final revision in appropriate .l10n thread
5) you can fix toolkit strings now

The locales with few more than 36 strings missing are:
es-ES, fy-NL, ga-IE, ja, nl, pa-IN, pt-BR
Guys, please make sure to follow steps mentioned above.

*SeaMonkey 2 Alpha 2*
1) you have to fix all the strings including toolkit, so dashboard
should be green for your locale. If you're SeaMonkey peer and not
Thunderbird peer, please coordinate your work with Thunderbird guys. Do
not fix toolkit strings mentioned above before the mail guys are ready
with Thunderbird. Please, check KaiRo's post about the deadline.

Thank you and sorry about this complication.

--

wladow

Re: New strings in toolkit - How to get your locale into Thunderbird 3.0 b1 and SeaMonkey 2 a2 releases

Simon Paquet-3
wladow wrote:

>*Thunderbird 3.0 Beta 1*
>1) if you have already posted the final revision in appropriate .l10n
>thread, you're done and don't have to do anything now (and you can fix
>new toolkit strings)
>2) if you want to post a new revision or you're just completing your
>work, please skip revision
>http://hg.mozilla.org/mozilla-central/rev/1551ebc4dbaa and *do not*
>touch printdialog.dtd, printjoboptions.dtd and printPageSetup.dtd files
>updated in this revision. You can do other changes in these files, of
>course.
>3) once you're done, dashboard should report 36 missing strings in
>toolkit for your locale. If so, it's ok and you're done. If not, please
>fix outstanding strings.
>4) post a final revision in appropriate .l10n thread
>5) you can fix toolkit strings now
>
>The locales with few more than 36 strings missing are:
>es-ES, fy-NL, ga-IE, ja, nl, pa-IN, pt-BR
>Guys, please make sure to follow steps mentioned above.

I'm not sure about that. Something seems to be pretty wrong with the
dashboard right now, because it reports that all those locales (except
nl) miss the strings "more.label" in messenger.dtd and "headerFieldYou"
in messenger.properties when in fact all of those locales have added and
translated those strings.

Simon Paquet
--
Thunderbird/Calendar Localisation (L10n) Coordinator
Thunderbird l10n blog:       http://thunderbird-l10n.blogspot.com

Re: New strings in toolkit - How to get your locale into Thunderbird 3.0 b1 and SeaMonkey 2 a2 releases

Cédric Corazza
> I'm not sure about that. Something seems to be pretty wrong with the
> dashboard right now, because it reports that all those locales (except
> nl) miss the strings "more.label" in messenger.dtd and "headerFieldYou"
> in messenger.properties when in fact all of those locales have added and
> translated those strings.

Simon, I don't understand what you mean, fr is green now for instance :
http://l10n.mozilla.org/dashboard/?locale=fr

Cédric

Cédric Corazza wrote:

>>>The locales with few more than 36 strings missing are:
>>>es-ES, fy-NL, ga-IE, ja, nl, pa-IN, pt-BR
>>>Guys, please make sure to follow steps mentioned above.
>>
>> I'm not sure about that. Something seems to be pretty wrong with the
>> dashboard right now, because it reports that all those locales (except
>> nl) miss the strings "more.label" in messenger.dtd and "headerFieldYou"
>> in messenger.properties when in fact all of those locales have added and
>> translated those strings.
>
>Simon, I don't understand what you mean, fr is green now for instance

I've adjusted the quoting to make it more clear what I meant.

Simon Paquet
--
Thunderbird/Calendar Localisation (L10n) Coordinator
Thunderbird l10n blog:       http://thunderbird-l10n.blogspot.com
Calendar developer blog:     http://weblogs.mozillazine.org/calendar

Re: New strings in toolkit - How to get your locale into Thunderbird 3.0 b1 and SeaMonkey 2 a2 releases

Tim Maks van den Broek
Simon Paquet schreef:

> wladow wrote:
>

>> *Thunderbird 3.0 Beta 1*
>> 1) if you have already posted the final revision in appropriate .l10n
>> thread, you're done and don't have to do anything now (and you can fix
>> new toolkit strings)
>> 2) if you want to post a new revision or you're just completing your
>> work, please skip revision
>> http://hg.mozilla.org/mozilla-central/rev/1551ebc4dbaa and *do not*
>> touch printdialog.dtd, printjoboptions.dtd and printPageSetup.dtd files
>> updated in this revision. You can do other changes in these files, of
>> course.
>> 3) once you're done, dashboard should report 36 missing strings in
>> toolkit for your locale. If so, it's ok and you're done. If not, please
>> fix outstanding strings.
>> 4) post a final revision in appropriate .l10n thread
>> 5) you can fix toolkit strings now
>>
>> The locales with few more than 36 strings missing are:
>> es-ES, fy-NL, ga-IE, ja, nl, pa-IN, pt-BR
>> Guys, please make sure to follow steps mentioned above.
>>

> I'm not sure about that. Something seems to be pretty wrong with the
> dashboard right now, because it reports that all those locales (except
> nl) miss the strings "more.label" in messenger.dtd and "headerFieldYou"
> in messenger.properties when in fact all of those locales have added and
> translated those strings.
>
> Simon Paquet

Hi, i had a commend behind  the headerFieldYou and in the new revision i
have moved it, now the buildbot is green again. i don't now if the
problem the place of the commend was or that the buildbot just needed a
new push for TB

Greetings

MM

Simon Paquet  wrote / napísal(a):
> I'm not sure about that. Something seems to be pretty wrong with the
> dashboard right now, because it reports that all those locales (except
> nl) miss the strings "more.label" in messenger.dtd and "headerFieldYou"
> in messenger.properties when in fact all of those locales have added and
> translated those strings.
>
> Simon Paquet

Ah, right. Is this the same relbranch vs. default issue we had with
broken builds this week?

--

wladow